Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Well, well WELL @Ken Tremendous @Rumple43 @Wavelberry @Langeveldt

The series is well and truly alive!View attachment 259809

Interesting that the AI couldnt handle the spinner. Does this mean that cracked = spinners paradise? These wernt the same dismissals onto the boot either, had a great variety. Smith working it round the conrner caught at leg slip. Couple of leg slide glances inside edged and caught by a diving burns. Broad got Warner LBW early and at 102-2 it looked like the usual 4th innings chase untill Root got Smith and it all unravelled.

Excellent variet in dismissals.

My main issue is in my head - Cracked = Like old school Perth where the seamers cause carnage and this was the opposite.

BUT its turned out to be an excellent game where 300 was too many as you would expect...

I think many of these pitches are coded wrongly and its something already been speaking to BA about!
You could bowl the AI out with Joe Root and Dawid Malan on a day one pitch tbf, giving them any advantage is cheating.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I’ll be honest I don’t think Iv ever started with a fully cracked pitch..

From memory I think many of these pitches are coded to get better to bat on rather than worse. It’s something being talked about..

BUT at least that was a positive.

If that was Nathan Lyon Day 4/5 with AI chasing 306 you couldn’t get more realistic.

it’s just not what I thought the pitch would do.. I was expecting seamers paradise like I said.

Yeah, good work. I guess pitches getting better as you go through a test needs addressing fairly sharpish...

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does changing sliders in game save or do you have to relaunch the match?

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer

Interesting that the AI couldnt handle the spinner. Does this mean that cracked = spinners paradise? These wernt the same dismissals onto the boot either, had a great variety. Smith working it round the conrner caught at leg slip. Couple of leg slide glances inside edged and caught by a diving burns. Broad got Warner LBW early and at 102-2 it looked like the usual 4th innings chase untill Root got Smith and it all unravelled.

My main issue is in my head - Cracked = Like old school Perth where the seamers cause carnage and this was the opposite.

BUT its turned out to be an excellent game where 300 was too many as you would expect...

I think many of these pitches are coded wrongly and its something already been speaking to BA about!
Thats superb to see, the AI actually crumble under the weight of a tough fourth innings chase! Rooty tying them up in knots of all things! Maybe cracked has played a part in this? And good to hear such a variety of dismissals, especially leg slip, ive had one of those in myself recently as the AI likes that area to nurdle off spin.

Excellent outcome for the longevity of this game, if it was the case that the AI literally could always chase anything last up then it would go stale fast - nice to see not the case!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Thats superb to see, the AI actually crumble under the weight of a tough fourth innings chase! Rooty tying them up in knots of all things! Maybe cracked has played a part in this? And good to hear such a variety of dismissals, especially leg slip, ive had one of those in myself recently as the AI likes that area to nurdle off spin.

Excellent outcome for the longevity of this game, if it was the case that the AI literally could always chase anything last up then it would go stale fast - nice to see not the case!

Atherton was confident that they should of knocked them off in the remaining 35 overs of Day 4…

The situational awareness of the commentary is beyond abysmal

imported_beatle

Club Captain
I personally think the latest patch on PS5 is a step in the wrong direction with regards to bowling.Im playing the ashes and the AI is just scoring at 4 an over no matter how well you bowl.If you bowl 5 dot balls you can bet your life the last ball is going for four.If it hits a four on the first ball you can then bowl 5 dot balls.They don' t even bother with 1's 2's or 3's.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
I personally think the latest patch on PS5 is a step in the wrong direction with regards to bowling.Im playing the ashes and the AI is just scoring at 4 an over no matter how well you bowl.If you bowl 5 dot balls you can bet your life the last ball is going for four.If it hits a four on the first ball you can then bowl 5 dot balls.They don' t even bother with 1's 2's or 3's.
See the "around the world in 80 sliders" thread - we deal with this and much more in there.

Set desired AI Run Rate to 18, itll calm right down.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

I'm getting a bit of that on the latest Steam build, though not a long sample size.

The first three overs of a test match went as follows. Run rate of 25. They are rattling along at 4.5 an over after a session but we'll see how it goes, too early to draw a conclusion.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
I'm getting a bit of that on the latest Steam build, though not a long sample size.

The first three overs of a test match went as follows. Run rate of 25. They are rattling along at 4.5 an over after a session but we'll see how it goes, too early to draw a conclusion.

I noticed that myself, played a few sessions of an England Lions test vs Zimbabwe and had them 240-7 a few days ago. Played at lunch today and they rocketed on at about 5 an over with 10/11 putting on about 60.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
I just defended 85 in the 4th innings. Nathan Lyon picked 9 wickets almost all bat pads.
Something odd going on with this game at times, as i always have the short leg in and ive bowled plenty of overs with the offies but not had a single bat pad since i got the game, yet others see shedloads.

Weird.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
You could bowl the AI out with Joe Root and Dawid Malan on a day one pitch tbf, giving them any advantage is cheating.
Something odd going on with this game at times, as i always have the short leg in and ive bowled plenty of overs with the offies but not had a single bat pad since i got the game, yet others see shedloads.

Weird.

Weird.

You playing with the lowered flight at 30? That will be why….

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England

This is so unrealistic, Harris would never get a score like that! Haha nice to see mate, good work

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So the team chasing in T20’s will always win? This is now my 4th match in a row that the chasing team won. Made 240 in Bbl career and they chased that down in 18.5 overs with 2 wickets. Surely this is a scripted error.

D

Deleted member 185125

So the team chasing in T20’s will always win? This is now my 4th match in a row that the chasing team won. Made 240 in Bbl career and they chased that down in 18.5 overs with 2 wickets. Surely this is a scripted error.
What is your bowling difficulty and AI difficulty?

Users who are viewing this thread