Mumbai Indians
CSK
Sydney Sixers
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well done Elgar and southafrica. Looks like a big win for them. Mean while I have got news that kohli will be also out for the next test.

B

Bigby Wolf

So it will be 1-1 after 2 tests.

The series decider will be interesting to watch.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Great knock captain courageous! The Indian players are a frustrated bunch, not great sportsmanship by Siraj in my opinion.

Bavuma could have given Elgar more of a chance to get to his hundred.

Imagine if Nortje was fit ... Rabada / Nortje / Olivier / Ngidi & Jansen ... If one of these guys were a proper allrounder it would have been a great bowling attack :p

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Elgar got robbed of a ton. He deserved it.

Elgar has most runs in the 4th Innings since the inception of WTC.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Should Rahane and Pujara be given another chance. In my opinion, no. And not just because India lost, but because it is really time to give youngsters like Shreyas Iyer a go.

Also if Siraj is injured/not fully fit, maybe bring in Yadav.

KL Rahul made a few tactical blunders today though but he needs to be groomed much more if he is to become future permanent captain.

I predict 2-1 in favour of South Africa simply because they have momentum going into the third test. And Indian batting looks brittle if Rahul and Mayank don’t get a good opening stand.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
KL Rahul couldn't defend 240 at the Wanderers. Take a bow! If you have any decency, you'd give up vice-captaincy this very instant. His face shows, even now. During the presentation as well-seems he's gonna cry. Pathetic!

Rahane as captain, had a zero loss record. Pretty sure, if he were in charge, we'd have won this.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
KL Rahul couldn't defend 240 at the Wanderers. Take a bow! If you have any decency, you'd give up vice-captaincy this very instant. His face shows, even now. During the presentation as well-seems he's gonna cry. Pathetic!

Rahane as captain, had a zero loss record. Pretty sure, if he were in charge, we'd have won this.
Agreed. Rahul looks petulant on the field when things are not going his way. Not great body language.

Question is, notwithstanding Rahane in the second innings, should his long rope of boor batting form be extended?

B

Bigby Wolf

KL Rahul is a big NO NO for captain.

Even in IPL he struggled in the last two years tactics wise quite poor and somehow the team he captains manages to lose more often than not.

The only reason he is captain because the Koach Kohli wanted him to captain and recommended him to the committee.

If KL Rahul is supposed to be the Indian captain we are doomed, God save Indian cricket.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Should Rahane and Pujara be given another chance. In my opinion, no. And not just because India lost, but because it is really time to give youngsters like Shreyas Iyer a go.

Also if Siraj is injured/not fully fit, maybe bring in Yadav.

KL Rahul made a few tactical blunders today though but he needs to be groomed much more if he is to become future permanent captain.

I predict 2-1 in favour of South Africa simply because they have momentum going into the third test. And Indian batting looks brittle if Rahul and Mayank don’t get a good opening stand.

Rahane is the 2nd highest run scorer for India behind KL Rahul (Rahul at 204; Rahane at 126). Rahane has had a 40+ and a 50+ score in these 2 test matches. You'd still drop him for an inexperienced Shreyas with the series on the line and Shreyas has to face the likes of Rabada, Ngidi and Jansen? Shreyas also has a short ball problem.

There's no reason why Rahane and Pujara need to continue being on the chopping block. Those two are experienced and with the series on the line, you use your experienced hands to finally win a series in SA for the first time! I agree with those here who said that we might have had a better chance had Rahane captained. But its unfortunate that his batting inconsistency led to the loss of vice captaincy. I wonder how and why KL Rahul got the vice captaincy.. I know its just one test that he has captained and its early to judge his credentials, but when the team had the likes of Ashwin, Pujara who are test regulars, suddenly thrusting KL Rahul into that spot and immediately him getting the captaincy when Kohli pulls out, doesn't make much of sense.

B

Bigby Wolf

And honestly this seemed like a case of overconfidence for me after the the 1st innings for India, they were bit complacent batting wise 2nd innings and get carried away by few sledges from South Africa first Pant then bowlers particularly Bumrah.

I hope Koach plays the 3rd test and scripts us a elusive South African Test series win.

Users who are viewing this thread