AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

India's T20I squad for South Africa:

Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shubman Gill, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Tilak Varma, Suryakumar Yadav (capt), Rinku Singh, Shreyas Iyer, Ishan Kishan (wk), Jitesh Sharma (wk), Ravindra Jadeja (vice-capt), Washington Sundar, Ravi Bishnoi, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh, Mohd. Siraj, Mukesh Kumar, Deepak Chahar

India's ODI squad for South Africa:

Ruturaj Gaikwad, Sai Sudharsan, Tilak Varma, Rajat Patidar, Rinku Singh, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (capt & wk), Sanju Samson (wk), Axar Patel, Washington Sundar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mukesh Kumar, Avesh Khan, Arshdeep Singh, Deepak Chahar.

India's Test squad for South Africa:

Rohit Sharma (capt), Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Ishan Kishan (wk), KL Rahul (wk), R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Siraj, Mukesh Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah (vice-capt), Prasidh Krishna.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
I am ok and happy if VK and RS want to move on from limited overs format. Unfortunately KL will captain in ODI's but who cares about that format anyways. T20, SKY and captaincy is something I cannot comprehend but whatever, they will win every bi-laterals to lose the semis or finals of a world cup so who cares.

Test is the best format and I think we have a good balance of players. I feel taking 4 openers is a bit too much but I am thinking Rohit and Jaiswal open with Gill at 3, VK at 4, Iyer 5, KL 6, Jadeja 7, Ashwin 8, Shami, Siraj Bumrah 9, 10, 11.

Prasidh Krishna is a mediocre bowler and though he is only in the test side, he should still be no where near the team. He on his good day is still a mediocre bowler.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Seeing Rohit's choice to sit out of the white ball leg of the South Africa tour, I am not very sure that he will captain the team in the T20 WC next year. I have a feeling that SKY will captain India in T20I till Hardik returns and Hardik will be instantly be trusted with T20 captaincy from the World Cup itself. Which could be a tricky thing since he is returning from injury.

Jadeja being vice captain in the T20I squad suprises me big time. Shreyas Iyer is the vice captain for the last two T20I's vs Australia and is also there in the T20I squad vs South Africa. Why is Jadeja suddenly promoted to vice captaincy ahead of Shreyas? Jadeja should be seriously challenged by Axar Patel in the T20I eleven, coz Jadeja is currently more of an ODI style player while Axar is proper T20 player.

With 6 months to go for the T20 WC, the planning looks all haywire and messed up as usual.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
I for one cannot wait for the test series to start. Back to back test series followed by IPL and WC will be fun.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So Rohit and VK rested for the ODI series. Seems alright, they have been playing non-stop. But I do hope it's not long term, at least in case of Kohli. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have Rohit play the format for a couple of years as well.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Absurdities around Indian captaincy continue- handing it over to the 2 villains who cost us the World Cup final is really foolish. I sincerely hope it is not handed to KLR on the long term- that be the end of Indian cricket for sure.

As for Kohli, will be happy to have him out of the limited overs format- we need attackers, not stat-padders.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Absurdities around Indian captaincy continue- handing it over to the 2 villains who cost us the World Cup final is really foolish. I sincerely hope it is not handed to KLR on the long term- that be the end of Indian cricket for sure.

As for Kohli, will be happy to have him out of the limited overs format- we need attackers, not stat-padders.
Just an FYI, if not for Kohli's numerous match winning innings which had the same impact as Rohit's swashbuckling starts, we would not be 10/11. But you do you!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Any idea why Bavuma isn't in the ODI and T20 line ups? Might be better for SA in the future, but just wanted an understanding as to why he isnt being considered?

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Any idea why Bavuma isn't in the ODI and T20 line ups? Might be better for SA in the future, but just wanted an understanding as to why he isnt being considered?

Rested along with Rabada for the tests.

I don’t think he’s in the first choice XI for T20Is in any case.

Users who are viewing this thread