Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My bad I totally forgot about Siraj, he will be definitely ahead of Arshdeep. If KL is back, he will play at 5, due to his incredible numbers at 5, will he also keep, is he fully fit ?

He most likely will. I don’t remember him being too bad with the DRS calls and while he’s made a few errors with the gloves (with the one against Bangladesh where he screwed up a simple one proving extremely costly being the worst) he’s not too much of a downgrade in comparison to Kishan. His fitness will be the key concern as you’ve mentioned… if SKY had succeeded by now or Samson had established himself it would have made his absence less felt but we lack a player similar in profile to him. If he doesn’t keep we would have to play Kishan and I doubt there’s a place for him in the main XI unless Shreyas is still injured… even then I’m not a fan of switching his positions this frequently.

LeCarb

School Cricketer
He most likely will. I don’t remember him being too bad with the DRS calls and while he’s made a few errors with the gloves (with the one against Bangladesh where he screwed up a simple one proving extremely costly being the worst) he’s not too much of a downgrade in comparison to Kishan. His fitness will be the key concern as you’ve mentioned… if SKY had succeeded by now or Samson had established himself it would have made his absence less felt but we lack a player similar in profile to him. If he doesn’t keep we would have to play Kishan and I doubt there’s a place for him in the main XI unless Shreyas is still injured… even then I’m not a fan of switching his positions this frequently.
Siraj's errors seem quite ridiculous. I can't understand how he made them.

Kishan is not the best option. But it looks like there won't be a choice.

Do you know anything about Shreyas? I heard somewhere that he's almost recovered.

Bevab

Staff Member
Siraj's errors seem quite ridiculous. I can't understand how he made them.

Kishan is not the best option. But it looks like there won't be a choice.

Do you know anything about Shreyas? I heard somewhere that he's almost recovered.

Last I heard was him being unlikely to be fit for the Asia Cup. I really dislike how vague and difficult it is to find fitness reports for cricketers in comparison to footballers, you’re guaranteed to know nearly the entire timeline of recovery in the latter’s case where as you never even know if someone’s injured in the former’s case sometimes.

B

Bigby Wolf

This is purely a no reverse jinx post.

5-0 anyone?

Common West Indies beat shit out of Indians.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Not a very avid contributor these days to international cricket discussions, but I do read them and a few humble points -

I know India made a mistake in 2019 with that whole "Rayudu - Shankar" fiasco, but that WC was in England. This year's WC is in India. And considering that we do not have any left handers in the Top 6 and with the way Tilak Verma is batting, I would be tempted to include Tilak Verma in the ODI WC squad. And why Tilak over Kishan? Because Tilak can bowl part time offspin also. If you remember, a certain Yuvraj Singh with his part time left arm spin was hugely instrumental in winning India the 2011 WC which was also played in India. I definitely see Rohit and Gill opening the batting and Kohli at No. 3. I cant see Kishan play anywhere below 3. And we dont have Pant ready for the ODI WC. All this leaves us with Rahul, Shreyas, Hardik and all of them are right handers. Tilak is a better value than Kishan if Rahul can keep wickets.

Rohit (c)
Gill
Kohli
Tilak
Rahul (wk)
Hardik
Jadeja/Axar
Shardul
Bumraj
Siraj
Kuldeep

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Not a very avid contributor these days to international cricket discussions, but I do read them and a few humble points -

I know India made a mistake in 2019 with that whole "Rayudu - Shankar" fiasco, but that WC was in England. This year's WC is in India. And considering that we do not have any left handers in the Top 6 and with the way Tilak Verma is batting, I would be tempted to include Tilak Verma in the ODI WC squad. And why Tilak over Kishan? Because Tilak can bowl part time offspin also. If you remember, a certain Yuvraj Singh with his part time left arm spin was hugely instrumental in winning India the 2011 WC which was also played in India. I definitely see Rohit and Gill opening the batting and Kohli at No. 3. I cant see Kishan play anywhere below 3. And we dont have Pant ready for the ODI WC. All this leaves us with Rahul, Shreyas, Hardik and all of them are right handers. Tilak is a better value than Kishan if Rahul can keep wickets.

Rohit (c)
Gill
Kohli
Tilak
Rahul (wk)
Hardik
Jadeja/Axar
Shardul
Bumraj
Siraj
Kuldeep
Ok that makes 12 squad members. Who would be your other 3?

B

Bigby Wolf

It was a complete SKY show yesterday brilliant batting.

Tilak Verma looks some player and he is going to one for future to watch out for.

Bevab

Staff Member
Looks like there’s been a bit of criticism for Hardik forcing the end of the match before Tilak got his fifty.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

Rohit (c)
Gill
Kohli
Tilak
Rahul (wk)
Hardik
Jadeja/Axar
Shardul
Bumraj
Siraj
Kuldeep
We need a back up opener. They may tilt in favour of Kishan(if KLR isn't fit), but if Shaw keeps his form up, he might be the wildcard pick here.

Tilak, as promising as he sounds, might be in the standby list. I expect Shreyas to take his spot once he's back from injury.

The other changes I'd go for here being removing Axar in favour of Ashwin.

The remainder can be made up by having Bishnoi, Shami and perhaps Dube/ Tewatia.(what if Hardik pulls up)

Bevab

Staff Member
I’m really confused about some of the names being suggested. Almost none of them actively improve the first XI or offer something good as depth.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I’m really confused about some of the names being suggested. Almost none of them actively improve the first XI or offer something good as depth.
I dont think we have a firm first XI. Doubt, if the management believes they have...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Surely it's

Rohit
Shubman
Kohli
Shreyas
Rahul
Jadeja
Hardik
Bumrah
Axar
Shami
Siraj

Assuming Pant isn't fit and KLR keeps.

Depending on number of spinners used.

The only two I wouldn't be 100% on would be Axar and Shreyas. Kuldeep and Surya would be others in the mix

Kishan, Shardul, Chahal probably other squad members.

Bevab

Staff Member
I dont think we have a firm first XI. Doubt, if the management believes they have...

Surely it's

Rohit
Shubman
Kohli
Shreyas
Rahul
Jadeja
Hardik
Bumrah
Axar
Shami
Siraj

Assuming Pant isn't fit and KLR keeps.

Depending on number of spinners used.

The only two I wouldn't be 100% on would be Axar and Shreyas. Kuldeep and Surya would be others in the mix

Kishan, Shardul, Chahal probably other squad members.

I did post a XI of what the management likely wants and it’s close to what @wasteyouryouth has put up with Kuldeep in for Axar as I don’t think they’ll play two left arm finger spinners with the same modus operandi even if it exposed the batting depth. Wonder if @icyman is just affected by the chopping and changing from the Shastri times.

Shreyas is the only real question mark and that’s because he may not be fully fit. In that case they may well have to decide on if persisting with SKY is worth it or if it’s time to bat Kishan out of position/bring Samson in. This is of course assuming that Bumrah and KL are both fit given that signs at the moment seem to indicate that.
Post automatically merged:

This is said post and I’m sure I’ve made a similar one in the past in some other place.

Users who are viewing this thread