India Tour of Ireland (3 T20's)

Welwyn

County Cricketer
Ireland remind me of Kenya. One great generation of players and then very little behind it.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ireland remind me of Kenya. One great generation of players and then very little behind it.

I get the argument but Tector and Little alone disprove this theory.

Welwyn

County Cricketer
I get the argument but Tector and Little alone disprove this theory.

Benn having a discussion on discord. We came to the conclusion that Zimbabwe is the better equivalent, even if the loss of players was much more due to politics than anything else.

Bevab

Staff Member
Benn having a discussion on discord. We came to the conclusion that Zimbabwe is the better equivalent, even if the loss of players was much more due to politics than anything else.

Yeah they should fit better in terms of a similar fall in quality though the ceilings were better arguably.

Bevab

Staff Member
I’ve avoided being critical of the T20I side due to the changeover in playing personnel but I’ve definitely got an issue with one thing that should have been consistent and that’s the aggression levels.

Back when Dravid first took over and Rohit got the captaincy, the team noticeably played more aggressively from the first ball and you even had the skipper saying it was a conscious change in policy. This seems to have sort of faded away slightly since the WC and I’ve not seen any sort of impression from Hardik that he wants a similar playing style, instead it seems to have evolved into “trust your game and play the way that best suits you and the conditions”.

Digging into the raw numbers the team were going at 9.36 runs per over in 2022 before the WC and 8.66 after it. With the added context of the senior top three (Rohit, KL and Kohli) being ‘rested’ and accused of not being suited for that playing style of current day T20 aggression… this is utterly disappointing.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
India is just 2 run more than DLS score... Big disappointment for Ireland, if match couldn't continue from this stage...

Users who are viewing this thread