SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

Lassana_Dias

School Cricketer
T 20 slider of Rumple43 match 2

Human ( Afghanistan)
AI (England)
Soft and dry wicket

AI batting

I found 2 right hand openers had a tendency to drive through covers and extra cover , ones i blocked that it started slogging cross the line to mid wicket.

Plenty of plays and misses to go around but not much edging. The spinners seems more likely to get wickets. However it was the left arm seemer who took the first wicket within the power play and it was a leg cutter outside off and caught at deep extra cover . (very satisfying as it was well planned) Eng 34 for 1 (3.4 overs)

2 bowls later i tried the same and result was a 6 over extra cover

Ball is keeping extremely low for spinners ( hardly getting up towards quarter of the stump but it doesn't stop AI from hitting big sixers at will

At the end of power play it was 65/1

*most impressive thing up to this was the variations of results with same input. (Example - ball 5.4 was driven to short mid off , ball 5.5 (same intup as the previous ball) was driven slightly wide of mid off for 2 runs.

After power play i noticed a patting of hitting about 2 to 3 boundaries and rest was straight to filders . Not much singels or 2s

2nd wicket fall in the 10th over again trying to clear deep extra cover and caught near the line of rashid khan

97 -2

3rd fall next over . It was the other opener who scored 50 already and guess what happend . Yes deep extra cover it was

98 - 3

After 3rd wicket i chage my approach and started bowling lot more in to the body with out giving room to go extra cover and run rate fell down almost immediately.

I had a deep midwicket but long was open , had a short mid on .

After about 3 overs of my new tactics AI started hitting to deep square led and Long on for boundaries and mid wicket for 1s

By 14th over AI started using reverse batting option to opne up the both sides . At this stage keeping them under 10 was a real challenge

At 15 overs England was 145 for 3

In the last 5 overs my main tactic was just mix it up. I bowled offies, lagies , arm balls both wide and straight. There was many plays and misses .

To explain how low the pitch was i got a fast bowler to ball extremely short at 142kmph and AI drive me stright for 6 on front foot

After getting hammered by AI i managed to keep the last over for 5 runs with extra variations

So they ended up with 214 for 3

Notes-

Keeper dropped 6 catches in total

Out of 13 6's 9 were over extra cover

AI defended 2 ball and left alone 1

Ill make the batting rewive later

• 16421633380296040180033374569428.jpg

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
T 20 slider of Rumple43 match 2

Human ( Afghanistan)
AI (England)
Soft and dry wicket

AI batting

I found 2 right hand openers had a tendency to drive through covers and extra cover , ones i blocked that it started slogging cross the line to mid wicket.

Plenty of plays and misses to go around but not much edging. The spinners seems more likely to get wickets. However it was the left arm seemer who took the first wicket within the power play and it was a leg cutter outside off and caught at deep extra cover . (very satisfying as it was well planned) Eng 34 for 1 (3.4 overs)

2 bowls later i tried the same and result was a 6 over extra cover

Ball is keeping extremely low for spinners ( hardly getting up towards quarter of the stump but it doesn't stop AI from hitting big sixers at will

At the end of power play it was 65/1

*most impressive thing up to this was the variations of results with same input. (Example - ball 5.4 was driven to short mid off , ball 5.5 (same intup as the previous ball) was driven slightly wide of mid off for 2 runs.

After power play i noticed a patting of hitting about 2 to 3 boundaries and rest was straight to filders . Not much singels or 2s

2nd wicket fall in the 10th over again trying to clear deep extra cover and caught near the line of rashid khan

97 -2

3rd fall next over . It was the other opener who scored 50 already and guess what happend . Yes deep extra cover it was

98 - 3

After 3rd wicket i chage my approach and started bowling lot more in to the body with out giving room to go extra cover and run rate fell down almost immediately.

I had a deep midwicket but long was open , had a short mid on .

After about 3 overs of my new tactics AI started hitting to deep square led and Long on for boundaries and mid wicket for 1s

By 14th over AI started using reverse batting option to opne up the both sides . At this stage keeping them under 10 was a real challenge

At 15 overs England was 145 for 3

In the last 5 overs my main tactic was just mix it up. I bowled offies, lagies , arm balls both wide and straight. There was many plays and misses .

To explain how low the pitch was i got a fast bowler to ball extremely short at 142kmph and AI drive me stright for 6 on front foot

After getting hammered by AI i managed to keep the last over for 5 runs with extra variations

So they ended up with 214 for 3

Notes-

Keeper dropped 6 catches in total

Out of 13 6's 9 were over extra cover

AI defended 2 ball and left alone 1

Ill make the batting rewive later
Thanks for such a detailed breakdown, that's awesome.

The keeper dropping 6 catches sounds like a continual issue with how they're programmed, nothing slider based there sadly I wouldn't think.

Good to see a fair amount of sixes, assuming you can do the same that is. The work into opening up the off side in the latest patch is clearly having an effect.

Low spin bounce is universal in this game, I don't think there is a fix. BA need to take a look at it (and it has been mentioned by someone who tagged Matt), but I'm unsure if it'll get any attention.

Could be the RR needs tweaking down slightly, but equally likely is that as an on disc team, England are just OP across the board.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Love the modifier, so when doing a series in a certain country we can change the modifier at different grounds for different experiences.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Love the modifier, so when doing a series in a certain country we can change the modifier at different grounds for different experiences.
Correct. Good for a series where you're playing the same team more than once and want some variation game to game.

I'm not going to have v2 done by this evening, but I don't think it's far off.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Wicket chance on a dead pitch in Australia is currently 15 haha

I mean, you may want to select it, but I know what's coming up if someone does....

OutSwinger

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am having a very engrossing and interesting test match playing as India in South Africa. Using Rumple's sliders for South Africa, grassy, dry, and hard pitch. except for the batting and bowling timing sliders, which I set to the default ones at hard difficulty, as I didn't want to mess with the timing. I have only finished the first innings for both sides so far. While batting, all wickets felt accurate in a way that I could understand why I got out, like not getting the timing right, or selecting the wrong shot for the delivery. None of them felt like they were planned or hard coded into the game. I was pleasantly surprised when I looked at the wagon wheel towards the end of the innings and saw that the shorts were played all across the ground when I made no cautious attempt to do so. I only played based on the deliveries and their line and length. Attaching some screenshots.
P.S. I played this over multiple days this week and probably on 2-3 different versions of the patch.

Attachments

• Cricket 22_20220115005915.jpg
    Cricket 22_20220115005915.jpg
    501.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Cricket 22_20220115005921.jpg
    Cricket 22_20220115005921.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Cricket 22_20220115005944.jpg
    Cricket 22_20220115005944.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Cricket 22_20220115005947.jpg
    Cricket 22_20220115005947.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 22
  • Cricket 22_20220115003934.jpg
    Cricket 22_20220115003934.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
  • Cricket 22_20220115004401.jpg
    Cricket 22_20220115004401.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I’m using Australia test sliders in test series in Aussie. After last patch just seems the ball keeping a little low. Which slider could I tinker with to maybe get a bit more bounce. The pitch I have set is SCG grassy/dry hard wicket.

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I’m using Australia test sliders in test series in Aussie. After last patch just seems the ball keeping a little low. Which slider could I tinker with to maybe get a bit more bounce. The pitch I have set is SCG grassy/dry hard wicket.
Pitch Bounce.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Something really wrong with the game. Been playing in South Africa with rumples SA sliders and reskilled teams as well. It's a test match. Pak VS Ind.
The AI is 125 of 26 overs. No wicket has fallen. And they are literally slogging it. No ground shots or drives. But slogging it. What the hell?

Storer11

Club Captain
Something really wrong with the game. Been playing in South Africa with rumples SA sliders and reskilled teams as well. It's a test match. Pak VS Ind.
The AI is 125 of 26 overs. No wicket has fallen. And they are literally slogging it. No ground shots or drives. But slogging it. What the hell?
You don’t need to post this in 3 separate threads. Just post it in the one and be patient, I’m sure someone will respond.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
You don’t need to post this in 3 separate threads. Just post it in the one and be patient, I’m sure someone will respond.
Sure, my bad bro. I thought it pertained to all the individual groups. Will be careful next time.

caprikaps

Club Captain
This has started happening with the recent patch. Warner and Harris are slaughtering my bowlers, seamers don’t get wickets anymore. Spinners are OP.

just wondering, if they don’t patch the gameplay why the hell it changes substantially with every new patch?

Seems BA is trying their best for us to stop playing this. Disheartening to see things going backwards.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
This has started happening with the recent patch. Warner and Harris are slaughtering my bowlers, seamers don’t get wickets anymore. Spinners are OP.

just wondering, if they don’t patch the gameplay why the hell it changes substantially with every new patch?

Seems BA is trying their best for us to stop playing this. Disheartening to see things going backwards.
I'll not lie, it's fairly rubbish to think about having to change settings every week just to keep the game playable.

I get that stuff gets patched, it is what it is. Just wish it had a few less side effects.

Users who are viewing this thread