SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

Irtileaf

Club Captain
This has started happening with the recent patch. Warner and Harris are slaughtering my bowlers, seamers don’t get wickets anymore. Spinners are OP.

just wondering, if they don’t patch the gameplay why the hell it changes substantially with every new patch?

Seems BA is trying their best for us to stop playing this. Disheartening to see things going backwards.
My spinners aren't even getting wickets lol. I am just getting bowled dismissal. And like a million play and misses. Nothing else. It's just fours, play and misses. And after a big partnership I get a bowled dismissal. Mostly by a batsman moving to far across tha crease and getting bowled around his legs.
And I would be fine if this was on a road type pitch. A batting pitch. Let's say Asia sliders or Australia sliders.
Thus happened on a bowling track. The SA sliders. Really twisted. It's like after the patch the sliders and reskilling dont have any outcome. It's just random.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
I'll not lie, it's fairly rubbish to think about having to change settings every week just to keep the game playable.

I get that stuff gets patched, it is what it is. Just wish it had a few less side effects.
Exactly mate. We can't put out new settings every week. And then tailor them to pitches, to AI mentality to run rate and what not. Just impossible.
I was loving your sliders. The game play was right up where it should have been. But since the last patch nothing is working. T20 shots in tests. So many plays and misses but no edges. Like excessive plays and misses.
Four smashes in every over. Getting 500/8 declaration on a pure bowling track lol. Do know man.
I tried adjusting sliders but nothing worked tbh. Or maybe I'm just useless at this.
First time I have been this disappointed with the game.

RDB3

Club Cricketer
Busy playing a test SA (me) vs SL (Ai) with @Rumple43 slider settings on veteran on a Grassy/Hard pitch and the players reskilled. I got bowled out for 190 currently SL are 24-2 both Rabada and Olivier wickets caught in the slips.
Reminder Bowling and release input both needs to be perfect & ideal for any success.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Busy playing a test SA (me) vs SL (Ai) with @Rumple43 slider settings on veteran on a Grassy/Hard pitch and the players reskilled. I got bowled out for 190 currently SL are 24-2 both Rabada and Olivier wickets caught in the slips.
Reminder Bowling and release input both needs to be perfect & ideal for any success.
That's pretty great. Do know why I'm experiencing it differently. Are you on Ps5?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Yess. Following rumples sliders. And reskilled as well. Maybe an anomaly. Do know.
I just had a quick 12 overs, to ease my worries ha

England and WI, reskilled, England sliders, grassy medium pitch with light cracks.

Put the AI in as I wanted to see if they'd smash me about as reported. 29-0, 2.4 per over.

4 or 5 play and misses, an inside edge for 4 to fine leg, felt pretty decent to be honest. Thankfully!

I also had this three ball spell from Stuart Broad, loved it. Just wish I'd got a wicket, don't know how I didn't!

Irtileaf

Club Captain

England and WI, reskilled, England sliders, grassy medium pitch with light cracks.

Put the AI in as I wanted to see if they'd smash me about as reported. 29-0, 2.4 per over.

4 or 5 play and misses, an inside edge for 4 to fine leg, felt pretty decent to be honest. Thankfully!

I also had this three ball spell from Stuart Broad, loved it. Just wish I'd got a wicket, don't know how I didn't!

This is beautiful mate. I dont know what is wrong with my version. Following the same sliders. Reskilled the players too. Could it be may be that the SA sliders are maybe conducive to batting? Do know. Will try England sliders now.
Thanks mate

Irtileaf

Club Captain

Have you adjusted the pitch bounce or is it same as the sliders?

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Oooo, good question. I want to say it's v1 with a couple of changes to spin and revs, but I'm not at my PS4 to look.

Will check for you today.
Okay great. Thanks mate. Though eagerly waiting for the V2:p
Also postnpatch I have seen that bounce is pretty less on every pitch. I think we may need to increase pitch bounce till 45.
For example the WI sliders and the pitch has really low bounce. As much as that of the medium pitch.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Okay great. Thanks mate. Though eagerly waiting for the V2:p
Also postnpatch I have seen that bounce is pretty less on every pitch. I think we may need to increase pitch bounce till 45.
For example the WI sliders and the pitch has really low bounce. As much as that of the medium pitch.
Like I believe on a hard pitch a good length ball should be going above the stumps. And with the aftertouch or R1 then it should hit the stumps.
And on medium pitch every good length ball should hit the stumps.
But right now on hard pitches every good length ball is hitting stumps and not just clipping them but hitting like in the middle.
That's why I think we might have to increase bounce 8 to 10 clicks. From 35 to 42 or 45 perhaps.
What are your thoughts about this?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Like I believe on a hard pitch a good length ball should be going above the stumps. And with the aftertouch or R1 then it should hit the stumps.
And on medium pitch every good length ball should hit the stumps.
But right now on hard pitches every good length ball is hitting stumps and not just clipping them but hitting like in the middle.
That's why I think we might have to increase bounce 8 to 10 clicks. From 35 to 42 or 45 perhaps.
What are your thoughts about this?
From memory of doing it on Wednesday, I think what you've written above is pretty close to what is in V2.

I think I erred on the side of gameplay over realism and had more balls clipping the stumps than clearing them by default, just because it makes for better AI and a better game in general.

You'll be free to tinker V2 to your own needs of course, that's the best way to go.

---EDIT---

Also, this here, forgot I posted it on Friday: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...in-80-pitch-sliders-again.118092/post-3519163

Last edited:

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Oooo, good question. I want to say it's v1 with a couple of changes to spin and revs, but I'm not at my PS4 to look.

Will check for you today.
@Irtileaf

Just checked, it was pitch bounce 42 in that video from last night. V1 of the spreadsheet is still pitch bounce 35. I think I must have changed it between one of the more recent patches coming out to nullify bounce on medium pitches but before I tested it more fully.

In V2, Medium grassy pitch bounce in England is set to 50, FWIW.

Users who are viewing this thread