Covid-19 Vaccines

Which vaccine have you taken?

• Total voters

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Got my first two doses of Pfizer in April/May. Recently got my 3rd dose (booster shot) of Pfizer in October. I've been moving around pretty carefully since I am living with parents right now (since my job is closer to home, and I moved in with parents during pandemic). But it feels far better to slowly move out of the shell after the vaccination and so far no issues at all.

Most likely, I will let my natural immune system start fighting off any future variants from here on (since I am in my 30's) and not take the vaccine every year. But my parents and the elderly people that I know, are likely to take a covid vaccine every year since body's immune system tends to weaken with age and the B-cells and T-cells might not protect as efficiently for those in their 60's and above.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Got my first two doses of Pfizer in April/May. Recently got my 3rd dose (booster shot) of Pfizer in October. I've been moving around pretty carefully since I am living with parents right now (since my job is closer to home, and I moved in with parents during pandemic). But it feels far better to slowly move out of the shell after the vaccination and so far no issues at all.

Most likely, I will let my natural immune system start fighting off any future variants from here on (since I am in my 30's) and not take the vaccine every year. But my parents and the elderly people that I know, are likely to take a covid vaccine every year since body's immune system tends to weaken with age and the B-cells and T-cells might not protect as efficiently for those in their 60's and above.
Honestly, it seems like there'll be many variants in the future, there's billions of unvaccinated people through which the virus can run through and mutate. So I think it's understandable that you stop getting vaccinated once the restrictions are over, but as for me, I'll take the vaccine every year, absent any negative effects.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Honestly, it seems like there'll be many variants in the future, there's billions of unvaccinated people through which the virus can run through and mutate. So I think it's understandable that you stop getting vaccinated once the restrictions are over, but as for me, I'll take the vaccine every year, absent any negative effects.

These last 2 years has made me read up a lot about immune system, and I feel strongly that "letting the body fight an invader when it knows the details of that invader" is better than constantly making the body generate temporary antibodies to fight an invader.

There is less talk in the media about B-cells (memory) and T-killer cells that are part of our innate immune system, as the media seems to be stuck on the initial neutralizing antibodies which wane in months. The 3 doses of the vaccine that we took, is developing the memory and maturity of these germinal centers (B- and T-cells). In the future even if different variants enter our body, the initial antibodies might be evaded but B- and T-cell responses will mount a strong response against all variants of the virus. For this, the body's immune system needs to be strong and this tends to happen in younger people (thats why all through this pandemic, children and young adults were considered low risk because of their stronger immunity). Now with vaccines strengthening the innate immunity more, they should do the bulk of the job.

This is the same as a flu. Every year, there is an annual flu shot thats recommended to be taken and is tweaked per the mutations of the flu virus. I dont take the flu shots at all every year (I took it once rarely back in 2015 or so) and yet I rarely get the flu during the peak flu season each year. The flu virus mutates and they tweak the vaccine every year, but despite not taking it at all, it doesn't affect me. Because the body knows to fight the different mutations using the B- and T-cell responses).

P.s: I highly recommend COVID vaccine for all and dont oppose it (I took it all, including the booster). This is a diff beast to the flu and the vaccine helps the body know what it is. The chances of death are higher in an unvaccinated person, vs. the flu.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I had my 3rd(Booster) jab today and so far I feel alright, I had 2 jabs of Pfizer but 3rd one was moderna.
This Covid 19 pandemic have really made me think twice about the immune system, I know quite a few people that refuse to take it.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Here in Hong Kong, they have started rolling out the 3rd booster jab. It seems finally the govt has come to the realization that the vaccines ought to be made mandatory for everyone. Apparently, a proposed restaurant ban was what it took for people to line up here. Damn funny!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Only now rolling out? I already got mine a couple weeks ago
They started in December for those who work in Essential Sectors. The boosters were only opened recently to the rest.
Problem here being many people hadn't gotten their 1st dose itself. Hongkong probably has thrown away a lot of BioNtech vaccines as they expired earlier in September. So, for them to get the new lot, it took a bit of time. Add to that, they still do not allow mixing the vaccines here.

The expats do not trust the Chinese Sinovac whereas the locals do not trust BioNtech. Astra Zeneca didn't get the approval from the Health Authority.

Users who are viewing this thread