Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Latest patch not looking too bad in general compared to previous patches but when a human is batting I'm still seeing a comical amount of overthrows due to the manner in which the fielders are actually returning a dead ball or when cancelling a run etc. (I have a game in progress now that has had at least 7 or 8 boundaries from farcical overthrows & the match before was just as bad.)

Leg spinner finally able to move after bowling, welcomed & thank you, (at last) ;)!!

I've also just been testing the AI's super human catching ability again by deliberately mis-timing & soft skying chance after chance & we seem to be back once again to the old Ashes Cricket "catch all system". ( I lost count of how many times I deliberately hoofed up a dolly of a catch but it was at least 40 skyers & not a single one was dropped off a human batter. Regardless of the fielding position or the stats of the fielders themselves which is a serious problem & it's game breaking if everything is once again a guaranteed catch for the AI, period.)

(If the AI catching competence stats aren't working again & they never drop anything ever, then what else isn't working with the AI ability stats either?)

The issue with the magically jumping pitch marker when the AI bowls is definitely a serious glitch/bug!! (It's not like it's shifting slightly as per aftertouch - I'm seeing it suddenly jumping up, down, left or right on the pitch by more than its own circumference from the point of origin which isn't an adjustment made by aftertouch, it's literally an instantly teleporting broken pitch marker.)

The Xbox Series X crash that crashes the Xbox entirely is still present & hasn't been addressed in this patch. My Series X has done it TWICE in the typical fashion from C22 with less than 90 mins play time with this latest patch.

Aggressive & very aggressive field options still missing from the bowling tactics/quick fielding menu certainly in the shorter formats, powerplay option is sometimes missing during powerplays, or the death overs option is sometimes missing at the death which has been reported week, after week, after week & it's basic, but left unaddressed yet again.

These are patches now only issued bi-weekly due to additional QA/testing by BA before release??? (How is it we're apparently STILL the only ones carrying out the actual testing if that's truly the case?)

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
So we've gone full circle again... Valid complaints coming back around and certain members of the forum jumping on people for feeling aggrieved about the state of the game after this long.

The petty name calling from both sides is downright pathetic in my eyes and the outright accusations of racism are just baffling to me. It's just a shame this is what this game has done to the community.

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
So we've gone full circle again... Valid complaints coming back around and certain members of the forum jumping on people for feeling aggrieved about the state of the game after this long.

The petty name calling from both sides is downright pathetic in my eyes and the outright accusations of racism are just baffling to me. It's just a shame this is what this game has done to the community.
I think let's clear the air & not get carried away. There are "NO" (Zero) outright or even tangential accusations of racism against any of the current members/mods of the forum. I have been very clear about this in my last post aswell.

That being said, the forum's culture, as you also pointed out, has not been healthy lately, and sadly, i have observed in my time the culture to be a bit toxic. Subtle silencing of dissent & Subtle forms of Bullying has definitely been the norm from some. And that is what makes PC's culture unhealthy. That's my whole point. Thanks.

Okay i think let's move on:

Been meaning to C22 since long on my XBOX but someone just wrote that XBSX crash issue is still there :(
Also one thing on the issue of that weird auto-foot adjustment / gliding foot adjustment when playing a shot, it used to happen in C19 aswell. So i did two things:

a) Increased Foot Placement Difficulty Slider to 65-75
b) Bought down all "Footwork" player skill sliders to, 2 Notches. That pretty much removed the auto-adjust/gliding foot issue, which looks very unrealistic and sort of generically modifies feet movement to play a specific shot.

Can someone try this and tell me if it works for C22 aswell? Thanks

Mr Snrub

International Coach
So all of a sudden in the past couple of days, this forum and the people running it has become sensitive to criticism and a bit too harsh on those who are stating the issues? What happened? Has Ross taken charge of the forum too? Especially the tone of some of the posts have become too rude. Don't thnk too many people appreciate it to be honest.
Heaps of snark and sarcasm. All the while asking the members to behave themselves.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi Matt maybe my mistake I’ve just seen another few videos on YouTube of the 23 action and it may be like this on purpose basically the run up and timing hud goes super slow but that may be on purpose if you can confirm ? maybe I’m just used to the fast bowling hud timing and now I feel pretty stupid
Yep, the action is intentionally quite slow based on the reference used for that action.

Matt, can you please explain why xbox series x users are suffering constant game crashes resulting in their consoles being turned off? I've raised 2 tickets and there's been no response. Others have raised it too but we've heard nothing from bigant to say it's being looked at. This is a critical issue surely??
We're aware of those reports, just it has never occurred on any of our internal devices, development or otherwise, meaning we have nothing to go on other than trying to resolve the game crash issues where possible to reduce the potential for causes.

Slow mo (late) shot must be corrected... It kills the vibe some time... I am ok with completely miss the ball, but slow mo, make it looks like a bug...
The miss animations play out at the intended speed.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The last few weeks have been wonko around here. From this forum to people finding my facebook page and harassing me about playfaces lol. Some people need to lie down and have a thought. I'll just leave it at that.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Just had my first single player game since early yesterday's two player crazy catching situation and I had a much different view of the game and patch.

The fielding was significantly better, with very minor exceptions (the wicketkeeper twice having the catching game come up with no time to react - he caught them both automatically anyhow).

Still, the reactions to tap-backs on the boundary was much better and really sharp.

The game I played was overall less buggy feeling and it seems like that zoom out camera problem after a wicket (spin in particular) has gone too for me, at least in that game. I also didn't see any fielding joggers.

Impressed by the positive improvements, thank you to the development team for those.

Didn't get any low-med arcing catch opportunities from the AI, so still need to play more 2 player to see if that was just some weird 2 game issue.

cricboi

Club Captain
Played through a full T20 game since the patch.

Pros:
Almost all overthrows are gone
Fielders on the boundary acting more realistically
Less instances of fielders running along the ball without picking it up.

Cons:
Non-arched shots (line drives and hard hit drives) are not triggering the mini game. Quite annoying in T20 where half the time you're setting a guy up to line out to cover.
Batting with lefthanded batsmen is still too easy and the AI still leaves no one behind the stumps while bowling the easiest balls to sweep. All other field settings seem pretty reasonable but you're still basically playing a different game when lefties bat.
The keepers are supermen, diving up to catch ramp shots and catching crazy shots. To be honest though, if this is the cost of them not dropping easy ones I'll take it. It really only happens 1-2 times a game.

Appreciate the improvements on the whole and the fielding has made the game more enjoyable. Still hoping for more updates, especially ifthey can fix the AI field settings and LHB issue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread