Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Happy to see CS2 fans here. It would be awesome if BA does developer diaries like CS2 developer

There’s a lot to criticise Paradox Interactive (yeah I know they’re technically only publishers for CS2) for… but their fan interaction and openness is generally top notch. A lot of games and developers could benefit from doing similar weekly dev diaries with their communities.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
There’s a lot to criticise Paradox Interactive (yeah I know they’re technically only publishers for CS2) for… but their fan interaction and openness is generally top notch. A lot of games and developers could benefit from doing similar weekly dev diaries with their communities.
their launcher can get in the bin though.

Ricky14

County Cricketer
Like how bowlers have follow up after delivering a ball BA should consider adding same thing for batsmen as well. In C22 and most of the cricket games after batsmen plays or misses the ball they quickly come back and just stand still and stare straight as if nothing happened.

For ex: in real what happens as soon as batsmen misses the ball/gets lbw/or play they look back and start marking their guard quickly or shadow practice what actual shot they were supposed to play. C22 has them but more of in cut scenes and not actually as soon as they play the ball.

Sorry if I confused anyone. I'm looking at more of broadcasting perspective how in actual match they show.

cricboi

Club Captain
tried playing cricket 22 again today and I'll preorder Cricket 24 right now if they just fix the fielding. Hell, I'd settle for them at least having bowlers pick up balls played right in front of them.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
tried playing cricket 22 again today and I'll preorder Cricket 24 right now if they just fix the fielding. Hell, I'd settle for them at least having bowlers pick up balls played right in front of them.

It's one of the first things they have confirmed at launch! Looks like the fielding has had a complete overhaul from the ground up.

I think closer to September when the first teasers or gameplay drop - you'll be able to see the changes that have been made.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Exactly what they said for cricket 22
It's one of the first things they have confirmed at launch! Looks like the fielding has had a complete overhaul from the ground up.

I think closer to September when the first teasers or gameplay drop - you'll be able to see the changes that have been made.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
They over-promised a lot for C22, that’s for sure. Some of those features got delayed and some never happened in the end.

TORNEDO

Club Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
One thing that I have observed is that whenever the game is lagging while playing on PC, in fielding the players fumbles and fumbles. When the PC is plugged in, there is not any problem in fielding. Although there are several aspects in which the fielding could be upgraded in Cricket 24.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
They over-promised a lot for C22, that’s for sure. Some of those features got delayed and some never happened in the end.
Definitely. I must say I can't trust a word BA say about C24. I'll admit I was hooked in by their hype last time and subsequently bought the game on release but not a chance this time.

They did me once out of £50, it won't happen again unless I read reports on here by opinions I value (not paid Youtubers) that we have a genuine, realistic cricket simulation on our hands. If it's just a slightly done up C22 they can do one.

Users who are viewing this thread