Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I reckon one of things I've seen questioned the most is 'where are the real players?' when someone gets to international level. This would be one way of at least allowing you to use a player you've put a lot of time into get that experience.

Can't say I play much career mode, there's too many things I've seen or read about that I know is gonna impact my immersion. I would like to cause I loved it on DBC14.

It’s got some quirks and bugs that are sometimes funny and sometimes frustrating but ultimately I’ve found it a worthwhile mode. There’s only so many random games or series’ you can play, career mode does add a bit of goal oriented gameplay that always appeals to you. Besides, it’s a fantastic feeling when you finally get to that century after having survived for nearly two hundred deliveries with a tailender at the other end.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
It’s got some quirks and bugs that are sometimes funny and sometimes frustrating but ultimately I’ve found it a worthwhile mode. There’s only so many random games or series’ you can play, career mode does add a bit of goal oriented gameplay that always appeals to you. Besides, it’s a fantastic feeling when you finally get to that century after having survived for nearly two hundred deliveries with a tailender at the other end.
One thing I'm always interested in with any career mode that includes multiple levels of competition to progress through is how the game handles progressing through those tiers and still allowing the user to improve.

Most games, including sport, use results based XP in order to "grow" their characters and improve. Take wickets, score runs, the better you do, the more XP you get, the better your attributes get etc.

One issue I always ran into playing MLB The Show's single player career is that the jump from AAA baseball to full MLB baseball was so hard. The attribute level for being a productive, standout AAA player was generally at a benchmark that would make you struggle in the MLB.

So you then get stuck in a limbo of being too good for AAA, but not good enough for MLB. And if you're not good enough, you don't get as much XP, so you don't improve much, so you're pretty much stuck unless you grind through it over however long of just being a bit naff.

And no game really offers an option of going to the manager and saying, hey, I'd like to go back down a level please. Let me hammer these rank amateurs in club cricket to boost myself, then I'll be that much better when you call me up.

You can always tilt the sliders/difficulty in your favour until you're over that hump, but that just feels a bit cheap to do.

Bevab

Staff Member
One thing I'm always interested in with any career mode that includes multiple levels of competition to progress through is how the game handles progressing through those tiers and still allowing the user to improve.

Most games, including sport, use results based XP in order to "grow" their characters and improve. Take wickets, score runs, the better you do, the more XP you get, the better your attributes get etc.

One issue I always ran into playing MLB The Show's single player career is that the jump from AAA baseball to full MLB baseball was so hard. The attribute level for being a productive, standout AAA player was generally at a benchmark that would make you struggle in the MLB.

So you then get stuck in a limbo of being too good for AAA, but not good enough for MLB. And if you're not good enough, you don't get as much XP, so you don't improve much, so you're pretty much stuck unless you grind through it over however long of just being a bit naff.

And no game really offers an option of going to the manager and saying, hey, I'd like to go back down a level please. Let me hammer these rank amateurs in club cricket to boost myself, then I'll be that much better when you call me up.

You can always tilt the sliders/difficulty in your favour until you're over that hump, but that just feels a bit cheap to do.

I’m not well versed in baseball lore but I assume that it’s a problem that also exists in real life? I’ve heard of many players slaving away for years at the AAA level hoping to make a breakthrough to the big leagues on month to month paychecks.

Does this happen with C22? I thought we always get to play club cricket irrespective of our current status.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I’m not well versed in baseball lore but I assume that it’s a problem that also exists in real life? I’ve heard of many players slaving away for years at the AAA level hoping to make a breakthrough to the big leagues on month to month paychecks.

Does this happen with C22? I thought we always get to play club cricket irrespective of our current status.
That's probably my bad in the understanding then. I thought in Cricket 22 you started in club cricket, then went up to a county or state side and eventually international.

I shall keep my pondering for a different time, then :-)

Bevab

Staff Member
That's probably my bad in the understanding then. I thought in Cricket 22 you started in club cricket, then went up to a county or state side and eventually international.

I shall keep my pondering for a different time, then :-)

You do start at the bottom and climb up but IIRC you can still play at the lower level if you wish to.

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
You do start at the bottom and climb up but IIRC you can still play at the lower level if you wish to.
You can keep declining International tours and keep playing Club cricket , then at later stage you can start accepting the leagues and tours you wish to participate.

Bevab

Staff Member
You can keep declining International tours and keep playing Club cricket , then at later stage you can start accepting the leagues and tours you wish to participate.

The Jesus Navas lifestyle.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Can we have a "spirit of cricket" slider for Ashes? And for destroying that to 100% during Ashes, give us animated version of this. :p
1688457305383.png

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
94 days to go.
I know I'll end up counting down the days as well but I'm really trying not to get too excited after the disappointment last time.

I was waiting months for C22 hoping for this and that, in the end none of it was included in the game. Instead focusing on new licences and bowling animations.

Bevab

Staff Member
Cool story bro.

Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what most of us end up doing, there’s too many games out there.

I’m pretty sure I’ll finally cave in and buy a game on release for the first time in ages when BG3 or Starfield comes out.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what most of us end up doing, there’s too many games out there.

I’m pretty sure I’ll finally cave in and buy a game on release for the first time in ages when BG3 or Starfield comes out.
Yeah, to be fair, I've got Cities Skylines 2, Starfield, Phantom Liberty (will finally play through CP2077 fully too), Baldurs Gate 3, Alan Wake 2, STALKER 2 in my eagerly awaiting list. Now I just need to figure out the time to play them all lol

Bevab

Staff Member
Yeah, to be fair, I've got Cities Skylines 2, Starfield, Phantom Liberty (will finally play through CP2077 fully too), Baldurs Gate 3, Alan Wake 2, STALKER 2 in my eagerly awaiting list. Now I just need to figure out the time to play them all lol

Completely forgot about CS2, that’s another one I’ll be looking at.

Users who are viewing this thread