Honest Review

cricboi

Club Captain
This was fixed in one of the patches in c22. But the very next patch it went back to normal. 6th or 7th patch of c22 if I recollect vaguely.
Yes! I remember that now and also remember how strange it was that they somehow unfixed it....

rifleman1202

School Cricketer
Few more things to add to the original post -

- Bat hitting ball sound (willow hitting leather) is almost non-existent or very low
- The constant Four, Six, Cricket24 splash screen transitions before every replay are longer than in Cricket 22 and frankly very annoying and disconnect you from the moment to moment gameplay immersion
- The entire Third Umpire review screen for OUT/NOT OUT sometimes is turned upside down
- At times in stadiums with taller Sight screens the Broadcast 1 camera goes behind the sight screen causing to block the batting or delivery view
- No crowd reactions for fours or sixes, it's the same constant background crowd murmur that keeps playing when a four or a six is hit
- Commentary is highly inaccurate, commentator states "no runs there" and batsmen take runs, or just a single there and two runs are taken
- On PC controller will randomly stop working for some deliveries or during batting and then you have to use the keyboard to escape out of it and then it works for the next one
- Cannot skip highlights

Unless there is an update for the existing issues my current rating for the game would be a 2/5. Highly recommended to not buy it. This seems to be just a rushed release to quickly cash in on the 2023 cricket world cup hysteria.

Last edited:

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Yeah this game still needs a good 4 months of work to fix most things like fielding, most licenced player faces etc. For me it's not a horrible game but I would have loved if we got at least something new in the career mode.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My Review for the game

I played ODI T20 And TEST

PROS

1 - Very Smooth Good Graphics
2 - Better Batting Animations than cricket 22
3 - Some New Batting Shots
4 - Improved pull shot
5 - Fielders are bit fast while running
6 - First Time Ever we are seeing Edges in wicketkeeper and slip in ODI
7 - Better Career than cricket 22 Ranking system in Career good inclusion

Cons

1 - TEST Cricket is still worst I played above than 10 rpo on Legend and Hard mode --- Seriously this is test match
2 - Wicket Keeper Still Slow pickup and lazy stumping
3 - Fielders are lazy for throw back the ball
4 - No Crowd sound no wicket keeper shouts.
5 - Field placement not changes even You make shot on same area

Overall There are many improvements in ODI and T20 from cricket 22 , feels better graphics , but Improvements requires in Many areas 5-6 patches can make effect

Game have capability to become best game, This game provides Addiction.

Hobbi07

Club Captain
Honestly really enjoying playing the game.

Batting animations are miles better than 22, crowd sounds better, pitches react more like real life.

Is the game perfect? No, but it's a step up on 22 and that's all you can really ask for.

superfreddie

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Wow, thanks for the reviews, resisted buying when released, so glad i did. Definitely will not be buying, not yet anyway.
Its so sad the game has gone this way, Big Ant were onto such a good thing with Cricket 19. If they would have forgot about pointless licences when we have great community creators and put that money into gameplay improvements instead we could have had the perfect cricket game.
I still play Cricket 19 and if they would have improved a few areas mostly in the ai fielding/field placings and simulated areas i would have been so happy.

I feel so sad they went down the licensing route and neglected gameplay so badly, i really felt that they used to care about the hardcore cricket loving customers, but its all about the money isn't it, like so much is these days, oh well back to Cricket 19 probably for the rest of my days.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
People should write what modes they play in.Are people really finding batting that easy in pro mode.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Honestly really enjoying playing the game.

Batting animations are miles better than 22, crowd sounds better, pitches react more like real life.

Is the game perfect? No, but it's a step up on 22 and that's all you can really ask for.
Since you are so honest, let me be a little honest here.. it is people like you and oh there are plenty the reason behind getting a mediocre game every 2 years. It is because people like you who have accepted that a step up (which C24 is not even), is more then enough and justified for a $60 game that is not even functioning well.

Check this thread out https://www.planetcricket.org/forums/threads/an-open-letter-to-bigantstudio.118042/ same concerns listed in 22, same concerns listed in 24.

So if this is not the perfect game which you too agree on (Thank god the sense previals), this should not be a $60 release. This at best was a $20 DLC edition to C22.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We pay for shit lately! Be it shitty food, taxes for Shitty services, shit everywhere. BA just adds to it. You pay and take a load of shit. Such is life!
Just My two cents! Product returned & refunded

Users who are viewing this thread