Answers to Questions to EA Sports Producer Andrew Wilson: Part 2

for most of the questions asked he tried to give a very diplomatic answer also the demo releasing might be a good thing as after playing it we might not want to spend our money on the full game

Well the most disappointing thing according to me is that only 35 stadiums, which reduces our options in terms of venues while playing tours and tournaments.

m_vaughan said:
Well the most disappointing thing according to me is that only 35 stadiums, which reduces our options in terms of venues while playing tours and tournaments.

35 is enough! there was about 60 in 2004 but they looked crap...are you expecting local grounds aswell!

most of the grounds will look the same 2004 and dont see why they should then cut back the number of stadiums. If anyone played rugby 2005 they may notice that most of the grounds look the same as 2004.

shahid6995 said:
And I for one can REALLY do without his giant face staring out stupidly at me everytime we talk about him. Can we lose that wierd picture admins???

AMEN!

He would answer, "I AM NOT SURE WHAT THE QUESTION IS TRYING TO ASK BUT IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT HOW SUCCESSFUL THE GAME IS GOING TO BE, I THINK IT IS THE BEST CRICKET GAME IN THE WORKS." Caps are just used to emphasize Wilsonness.

I think with the third and last batch of questions we need to give him very clear and to the point questions. Be very explicit: "Will you be releasing a patch for the game?" Unlike: "Will you be releasing a patch for the game unlike in Cricket 2004 where major gameplay flaws caused the game to be a hassle to play?" That gives him more fodder for diversion.

shahid6995 said:
Apparently we are still waiting so that Mr Wilson is not too ****ed off at us.

If thats the case that man has got a bloody cheek! Does he not think that we're not ****ed off at the way they treated us with Cricket 2004? That game was utter crap, so he should get sent every tough question and be forced to explain himself!

The question about bat licenses says it all, why couldn't he just say no? Instead of the crap afterwards about what they do have, the bottom line is you don't have bat licenses, just say so! I'll be prepared to listen to him when he stops ****ing around with these answer's and starts being honest.

The 'DOES ANYBODY TRULY UNDERSTAND THE DUCKWORTH LEWIS RULE?' answer, is a insult to people who really know about cricket and doesn't say much about him and his knowledge about cricket. Also he avoided the bit in the same question about whether there will be rain in ODI's. I'm guessing not. Oh dear, a key feature to one-day cricket missing there, AGAIN.

Someone send him questions that really put him on the spot, see if he cracks, see if he actually responds to them. Only then will we get our answer to what potential this game has and whether they actually care about their customers.

waleed123:
Will it have official updates at the ea sports website?

I AM NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE REFERRING TO HERE. DO YOU MEAN UPDATED INFORMATION? IF SO, THEN YES THAT IS THE PLAN. IF YOU MEAN CONTENT UPDATES DOWNLOADABLE FOR THE GAME, THAT IS NOT THE PLAN AT THIS STAGE.

His answer is No.

Skateboarder2:
Will there be any changes in the bowling system to make it as fun and exciting as batting?

WE HAVE UPDATED THE BOWLING SYSTEM. I SPOKE ABOUT THIS IN MY LAST INTERVIEW FOR THE SITE, HOWEVER, IN SHORT WE HAVE IMPLEMENTED A NEW BOWLING HUD THAT MAKES BOWLING MORE INTUITIVE. ANOTHER GREAT ADDITION IS SPECIAL DELIVERIES FOR EACH BOWLER. A BOWLER IS REWARDED FOR CONSISTENTLY GOOD LINE AND LENGTH THAT LIMITS THE BATSMANS RUN RATE WITH SPECIAL DELIVERIES THAT ARE DIFFERENT DEPENDING ON THE BOWLER. HOWEVER, IF THE BATSMAN MANAGES TO STRIKE BACK, THE SPECIAL DELIVERIES ARE LOST UNTIL THE BOWLER ONCE AGAIN WORKS HIS MAGIC.

Seems promising

Zoraxdoom:
Is there rain and Duckworth Lewis in ODIs?

DOES ANYBODY TRULY UNDERSTAND THE DUCKWORTH LEWIS RULE? ;)

He didnt understand it at all

Have rules like Free Hits in 20-20 matches or points tables been properly fixed and implemented?
YES, WE HAVE WORKED A LOT ON THESE.

Promising again

Hero:
Can we expect some historical teams in this game as it is real fun to play with All time great teams of different countries.

THE CHALLENGE THAT WE AT EA HAVE WITH HISTORICAL TEAMS IS THAT FOR THE MOST PART HISTORICAL PLAYERS ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO OFFICIALLY LICENSE. HOWEVER, THERE IS A VERY COOL CREATE A PLAYER FEATURE THAT WILL ALLOW USERS TO CREATE ANY PLAYER/TEAM THEY CHOOSE AND TAKE THEM ONTO THE FIELD.

We had player editor in 2004 as well. Why have license for players who are dead and gone?

Any thing new added to fielding or you have taken any step to streamline manual fielding?
EACH YEAR WE TRY TO FURTHER REFINE EACH AND EVERY CONTROL SYSTEM IN THE GAME WITHOUT INTERUPTING THE CORE MECHANIC. ONE THING THAT I HAVE FOUND OVER THE YEARS BUILDING GAMES IS THAT THE COMMUNITY LOVE REFINEMENTS, BUT IF YOU GO AND CHANGE THE WHOLE SYSTEM AROUND, THAT VERY OFTEN HAS A NEGATIVE RESPONSE AS IT MEANS THEY HAVE TO LEARN ALL THE BASICS ALL OVER AGAIN.

It means nothing is changed and he doesnt want to talk about it.

uzi2005:
Will the face expressions be dynamic? like in Fifa 2005 and other Ea brand games?

YES. WE HAVE USED THE FIFA ENGINE AND ANIMATION TOOLS WHICH MEANS THAT OUR FACES WILL ANIMATE AS THEY DO IN FIFA.

another Promising thing

Will P:
How about equipment licencing, we have seen in BLIC there will be Bat liscensing. What will Cricket2005 have - licensed bats for example ? If not what is ?

OUR FOCUS FOR CRICKET 2005 HAS BEEN WORKING WITH THE PLAYERS AND STADIUMS. PULLING TOGETHER OUR FULL LICENSING STRATEGY FOR TEAMS, PLAYERS, KITS, (ESPECIALLY ALL OF THE COUNTY CRICKET TEAMS), TOURNAMENTS AND STADIUMS HAS BEEN A MONSTER EFFORT AND THE RESULTS ARE AWESOME. ALL THE REAL AND UP TO DATE KITS, TEAM LOGOS AND PLAYERS ETC MAKE FOR A TRULY AUTHENTIC PLAYING EXPERIENCE.

We will take care of that. If the Cricket.GOB and offsets are not changed the old patches can be used.

Howzat:
Is there a career mode?

THERE ARE A SERIES OF SEASON/CAREER STYLE MODES THAT INVOLVE TAKING YOUR TEAM ON TOURS AROUND THE WORLD?JUST LIKE REAL CRICKET.

International tours were there in Cricket 2004 too.

Thurya:
What tournament will you use as South African Domestic, Club or Province or both? Also what about for NZ?

WE DO NOT HAVE OFFICIALLY LICENSED SOUTH AFRICAN OR NEW ZEALAND DOMESTIC TOURNAMENTS AT THIS POINT. THE FOCUS THIS YEAR WAS TO MAKE SURE THAT WE HAD THE AUSTRALIAN AND ENGLISH DOMESTIC TOURNAMENTS CORRECT WHICH WAS A CHALLENGE.
I thought he said that it was there in the last interview.

Its good that we are getting the answers but i am hugely disappointed with the type of questions asked. No real questions on gameplay etc. I think next time u guys should give this responsibility ( to ask questions from Andrew Wilson ) to Andrew Nixon. :(

Last edited:
can we actually drag the fielders with mouse and appoint them where evere we want to,offcourse field restrictions will be applied.But this thing was in cric97 in custom field.If this happen then there would be a remarkable improvement for me.
Second thing will there be edges in odis ,especially with new balls.Hate when batsman blast the new ball in cric2004 unless green pitch.Dying to see new ball move in the air.
And there should be a button for appropriate swing nevertheless batsman will judje the swing with 2 player game.

this time they hav promised ot have official updates on the site so if the first version is good then they can make it very realistic with the patches they will make and improve over all game play and any glitches

I'm glad that Andrew Wilson has answered our questions but some of the replies he gave were rather disappointing. The Twenty-Twenty rules answer was promising, but I don't like the way he answered our question about the Duckworth Lewis system. A lot of cricket fans do understand the rule and it is sad that it's not being implemented to Cricket 2005. Overall, a pretty good response.

About the whole D-L mess, he is just showing the level of his cricket acumen. I knew what Duckworth-Lewis was when I was around 14 by simply going to the Cricinfo website and reading up. That was the worst answer, in my opinion. Showing that EA is just creating a game and do not really care about the realism of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread