Cricket 24 - General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I've been bowling a lot and I have had the AI taking quick singles, but not to an egregious level.
I’ve been getting a lot, before the last patch, if you bowled a straight bouncer they’d leave it and it would hit them and then they’d “run”, but obviously not get a run as you don’t get leg byes without playing a shot.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I’ve been getting a lot, before the last patch, if you bowled a straight bouncer they’d leave it and it would hit them and then they’d “run”, but obviously not get a run as you don’t get leg byes without playing a shot.
That might have happened to me earlier actually
I was confused why Starc was on strike again but he might have left it

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Surely there will be a hotfix over the next day or two. It genuinely baffles me how this sort of thing can happen. I understand games are full of complex code and there can be a ripple effect is you change something but don't they actually test the game before sending it out?

It would take them about 5 minutes, if that, to notice that the AI batsmen aren't running easy ones deep into the outfield.

My worry is that they'll try and fix it and the AI will then try and take a run off every delivery, even ones left through to the keeper.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Playing tonight on the current (1883) PS5 build and it's playing beautifully imho. AI are bowling well on a green deck getting plenty of movement. Had me 4/3 at one point and I genuinely did feel like I had to knuckle down and see off the new ball.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
One thing I don't get why it hasn't changed is the side on replays for run outs. They need either slowing down dramatically or running frame by frame like IRL as its impossible to judge the really close ones without manually queuing a replay.

KingsPunjabIsaac

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
You've really gotta love playing on Xbox One. Over a month since initial release, the game is still unplayable from a visual aspect as well as from a gameplay aspect. Patches haven't fixed the issues, and Microsoft won't issue a refund for a game that isn't playable. Absolutely fantastic amazing work BA for creating this complete mess of a game and for showing 0 transparency in what's actually being fixed.

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Whilst I do some work from home I have the game running AI v AI. My custom side on a tour of England 3 tests and a Tri 20/20 series v India and 50 over v Aus.

1st Test at Lords - Green top. England win toss and ask me my side to bat. All out for 98 in 45 overs, I watched parts of the game and checked the highlights. The bowlers had plans to every batsman like strangle them outside off or the leg side short trap etc. Highest score was 20 then 14,14 and 11.

Anderson 4-19
Broad 2-16
Wood 3-17
Archer 1-11
Stokes 0/11
Ali 1/14

Englands turn to bat and Crawley snicked off the third slip on the 5th ball out for 2. Duckett is 0 from 6 balls and Root is 11 from 15. The ball is doing a bit on this pitch and runs are hard to come by.

I will keep updated as the game progressors but so far its been good to see a game dominated by ball in this way and not like previous games where the lower order can put on 100 with ease.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I hope there is a fix today. Waited almost a week for the run outs to be patched and now this crap. It is my off weekend and really want to put in some good gameplay hours.

Users who are viewing this thread