Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Hester

County Cricketer
Yet ive never had this experience. it only plays the wrong shot if you have grossly mis-timed your block, I'm on PS5 classic stick controls
It happens to me with ideal timing
Post automatically merged:

Make sure you’re pointing your stick towards the ball otherwise it’s a roulette which in fairness is right. Also timing is key, bad timing equals terrible outcome
It happens to me with ideal timing and correct direction.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

Strange. Only time I’ve had it happen with me with correct input timing etc was in broadcast camera which I believe causes problems so don’t use that camera anymore for batting

Hester

County Cricketer
Strange. Only time I’ve had it happen with me with correct input timing etc was in broadcast camera which I believe causes problems so don’t use that camera anymore for batting
I didn't know that. I always use the new broadcast camera. Is that the one you mean?

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)

I've had to retrain myself to naturally play back to spin unless it's really full. That helps avoid this but yeah it's an obvious bug, irrespective of whether you're playing the shot early or late the game should respond to the direction you push the sticks.

Hester

County Cricketer
I've had to retrain myself to naturally play back to spin unless it's really full. That helps avoid this but yeah it's an obvious bug, irrespective of whether you're playing the shot early or late the game should respond to the direction you push the sticks.
The AI often play back foot to spin - it's ridiculous - but that's the way Bigant think batters play against spin...

The AI often play back foot to spin - it's ridiculous - but that's the way Bigant think batters play against spin...
MInd you, if the AI play on the front foot, the game scripts them into a bat boot dismissal. That might be part of the issue.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I didn't know that. I always use the new broadcast camera. Is that the one you mean?
Any broadcast camera I’ve found the batting input can be all over the shop. Might just be my mind playing tricks but I have no problems at all with the normal batting cameras

Hester

County Cricketer
Any broadcast camera I’ve found the batting input can be all over the shop. Might just be my mind playing tricks but I have no problems at all with the normal batting cameras
Well, i've just made 3 bug reports haha
1. Batting v spin
2. Red marks on a dry pitch as the pitch deteriorates
3. Ai running themselves out when their shot hits the stumps

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Definitely experienced the ‘blocking spin issue’ myself and I play on broadcast cam. In my most recent test match I was skittled for 80 in the 1st innings because of it. I was playing in the sub continent though so 2nd innings I sort of used it as a game scenario and was like right, I need to be more aggressive, can just defend.

Definitely a thing, definitely annoying, but can be worked around

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa

Could it be that this bug is related more to the length of the delivery rather than the timing of the shot? On fuller pitched deliveries I have no issue with playing a forward defensive to spin, but when the ball is pitched slightly shorter then the batter plays down the wrong line.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Definitely think it's easy to become too preoccupied by the feedback indicators. Certainly with bowling a system based on actual bowling 'theory' would be more useful than how well you timed your jump and release.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Has anyone done a career with an existing player? If so, is it just the same as a normal career but skipping the club nonsense?

I'm thinking of doing a redemption arc type career for someone released by the counties this winter.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Has anyone done a career with an existing player? If so, is it just the same as a normal career but skipping the club nonsense?

I'm thinking of doing a redemption arc type career for someone released by the counties this winter.
yes and i think the teams are more comprised of real player names etc

Karachi

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned

I am playing with an existing player and find it to be more fulfilling as I can play an entire team with actual players. However, some fake players still seem to make their way into the roster. If you are the captain then they shouldn't bother you much as you choose not to select them. There is also an issue of retired players still being on the roster and newer ones not being on it despite making changes to the lineup in the academy.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Has anybody noticed that playing advance shots (Dancing down the track) is not going for six, even if you hit it nicely?
Is this happening to anyone else as well?

Users who are viewing this thread