General Cricket Discussion

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
The most innings played in T20I without a duck in the entire career is 65 by Marlon Samuels. But it looks like this record could soon be held by Max O'Dowd, who has gone 61 innings without a duck so far and will have plenty of opportunity in the next few months

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does anyone else think that the recent antics in the Bangladeshi series are a bit over the top and cringe? It’s one thing when Mushi breaks out in snake dance after winning a close game but it’s another to mock a mocking of a celebration mocking a controversial dismissal.

r/cricket is also lapping it up like the hottest mixtape to drop in a year so that’s convincing proof of it being cringe.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Does anyone else think that the recent antics in the Bangladeshi series are a bit over the top and cringe? It’s one thing when Mushi breaks out in snake dance after winning a close game but it’s another to mock a mocking of a celebration mocking a controversial dismissal.

r/cricket is also lapping it up like the hottest mixtape to drop in a year so that’s convincing proof of it being cringe.
Tbh if both teams are game, I would like to see more of it.

Bevab

Staff Member
I saw the vid but didn't really understand what he was doing. Could you explain?

I assumed Mushi was mocking the Lankan celebration where they pointed to their watches together which was because a Bangladeshi bowler (think it was Shoriful?) did a pointing to the watch celebration after taking a wicket.

All of which is a reference to Mathews being timed out at the WC (think he’s also done a similar celebration later on).

It’s Inception levels of celebrations all the way down.
Post automatically merged:

Tbh if both teams are game, I would like to see more of it.

It feels a bit too forced now. Naagin’ was purely emotive and the timed out dismissal happened in the spur of the moment but referencing the same thing since then is the type of content I would expect from the comedians on Reddit and not athletes from two countries. :D

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Hasaranga unretires and might miss the start of the IPL. 24 hours later he's given a suspension by the ICC so can't play in the tests.

30jay-shah.JPG

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
I assumed Mushi was mocking the Lankan celebration where they pointed to their watches together which was because a Bangladeshi bowler (think it was Shoriful?) did a pointing to the watch celebration after taking a wicket.

All of which is a reference to Mathews being timed out at the WC (think he’s also done a similar celebration later on).

It’s Inception levels of celebrations all the way down.
but why doing that thing where he held his helmet out and looked like he was asking for spare change?

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
So I was chatting elsewhere about this and thought I'd bring it in here: what would a cricketing version of the Harlem Globetrotters or Savannah Banamas look like?

My thoughts were that you'd probably take more inspiration from the Bananas and have specific rules and conditions for these exhibition games.
  1. T10 games, so that the inevitable slow play doesn't make the game last forever.
  2. One over per bowler, but if the bowler is on a hat-trick they get an extra ball and the next bowler only bowls five.
  3. Can't be out first ball, but the wicket still counts - essentially the batter just gets a second go, and the innings still ends after 10 wickets.
  4. Powerplays - in the batting powerplay, runs count double; in the bowling powerplay, wickets count double. These can be taken simultaneously.
  5. Free hit after every no-ball and wide.
  6. A batter has to retire after reaching 50. This doesn't count as a wicket, and they can come back at the end.
  7. Crowd catches are out, except off a free hit (closest I could get to a six-and-out rule).
  8. One hand one bounce?
  9. Unlimited substitutions are allowed during the game.
  10. The umpires can sin-bin players for an over, or send them off for the rest of the game, if they do something to deserve it.
Players would also have Globetrotters style nicknames (eg - Rahkeem "The Dream" Cornwall) and entrance music. They'd be encouraged to adopt personas, play up rivalries and celebrations, stuff like that. So you might have a heel character who always wears a balaclava, and tries to mankad batters, or obstructs them while running between the wickets.

In my head, this would be semi-competitive; think the "scripted, but not fake" attitude of professional wrestling. These players genuinely would be very good at cricket (usually), but they would be collaborating to put on the best show rather than trying to win at all costs.

I apologise for the fact I've just asked people for their ideas then immediately brain-dumped my own.

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys

Users who are viewing this thread