Cricket 24 - General Discussion

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
it's for offline only...i don't play online so cant comment on that one....online gameplay may have a good experience ....i dont know abt that

For me I played ODI , It looks more challenging to Bat on Hard , Which is good . You can adjust the difficulty with custom

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
For me I played ODI , It looks more challenging to Bat on Hard , Which is good . You can adjust the difficulty with custom
i already made my custom difficulties for myself & was enjoying it since release...but now that late marker needs me to adjust again....well i m at my 40s , working person wo have passion for cricket since the age of 14 & it was always my go to game for fun & releasing the stress ...but now i cant invest so much time again adjusting to the game sliders & tinkering...maybe not now .....but in near future maybe will try to re-adjust the sliders & try if its playable as u guys are suggesting....for now at my current setting its completely chaos for me ...

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
I use custom sliders only and i cannot adjust the pitch marker time like before and that is the problem we are asking to fix. They can keep the current hard mode as it is but give the option to increase the pitch marker visible time like before atleast in the custom settings.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
The game is certainly not unplayable. I agree, it could be a lot better but it's still playable. The batting changes while unnecessary and unwanted certainly aren't as bad as people are making it out to be. Just got to learn it which is nothing new with these games. Certainly needs fixing in certain areas but I'm still having fun.
for online its not that its something new to learn its that its not the same for both players, only if host is batting first then the new system is in effect but not for team 2 -- unfair? to add to this the host if choosing to field first cannot get green in the bowling timing for spinners at all, also it seems like the batting difficulty for the non host batting first is reduced to easy -- my friend who cannot score more than 100 in 20 overs on hardest all of a sudden scores 150???? something is not right....

Last edited:

Wizle

Club Cricketer
I was waiting to get the game after it had gone through a few patch cycles picked it up a couple of days ago and I can't seem to fully download anything from the community/academy. Just stops in the middle of downloading and says 'Big Ant server not available' or something like that. I'm on PS5 does anyone have any solution/quick fixes for this? Can't seem to find any solutions anywhere yet

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Started playing Deathloop last night, was pleasantly surprised that it has a system similar to one I've suggested for Cricket games.

I've thought it would be good to progressively gain 'insights' into opposition players to better inform your tactical approach and make players feel more distinct. Essentially a match-ups system, that could be add greater depth to a player's super strengths or match-up effectiveness. Of course, you'd need to see impact of this to make it worthwhile or it'd be just like it is now with you trying to work out how to bowl to a player with 'special shots' weakness.

It does, at present, feel quite shallow in Deathloop (although it does inform your choices and approach which I suppose is the point) but it's just interesting to see it in a game having thought about a system like this for some time.

Deathloop-Focus-Tagging-Symbols-Explained.jpg

Rocketpsycho

School Cricketer
Hey guys.. I created a custom competition for the IPL season, where I added all the 10 teams, with custom skill levels between 78 and 82 depending on the player.
Played an entire match day which was 5 games.
Now on match day 2 the players ratings have all gone hay wire in the competition mode, but when I select them from the "play now" section.. All my original ratings per player is as I had set it, between 78 and 82.
I haven't reset the academy, but the update did download automatically. I am attaching 2 pictures for reference, one is from the competition mode the other is from "play now" section.
Even in the player manager section for eg if i search for Nuwan thushara, I get the one I reskilled to 80, but in competition mode he's showing 85 rating on match day 2..

Any help will be highly appreciated
Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20240401_211839.jpg
    IMG_20240401_211839.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20240401_210720.jpg
    IMG_20240401_210720.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10

Bevab

Staff Member
Hey guys.. I created a custom competition for the IPL season, where I added all the 10 teams, with custom skill levels between 78 and 82 depending on the player.
Played an entire match day which was 5 games.
Now on match day 2 the players ratings have all gone hay wire in the competition mode, but when I select them from the "play now" section.. All my original ratings per player is as I had set it, between 78 and 82.
I haven't reset the academy, but the update did download automatically. I am attaching 2 pictures for reference, one is from the competition mode the other is from "play now" section.
Even in the player manager section for eg if i search for Nuwan thushara, I get the one I reskilled to 80, but in competition mode he's showing 85 rating on match day 2..

Any help will be highly appreciated
Thank you.

This tends to happen in competition mode, I’ve noticed it in previous games. Players dynamically improve or worsen, probably depending on age.

Rocketpsycho

School Cricketer

• This tends to happen in competition mode, I’ve noticed it in previous games. Players dynamically improve or worsen, probably depending on age.
    It would make sense if the performers went up, and non performers went down, like "form" in football games. But this makes no sense.
  • Tim David made 9 runs in 8 balls and took 0 wickets in match day 1 and match day 2 he's rated 85, it makes no sense.

All this especially since I have spent hours, just like everyone, reskilling players according to my sliders and their actual performance.

Will it change again in matchday 3? I have no way of knowing till i actually play all the fixtures.. Which would take a few hours. I hope I'm not wasting my time.

Bevab

Staff Member

• It would make sense if the performers went up, and non performers went down, like "form" in football games. But this makes no sense.
  • Tim David made 9 runs in 8 balls and took 0 wickets in match day 1 and match day 2 he's rated 85, it makes no sense.

All this especially since I have spent hours, just like everyone, reskilling players according to my sliders and their actual performance.

Will it change again in matchday 3? I have no way of knowing till i actually play all the fixtures.. Which would take a few hours. I hope I'm not wasting my time.

From my experience in previous games it’s linked to age and not form, I had much older players decline drastically. There were also a few who declined that weren’t so old but they had perks indicating that they were inconsistent so maybe that had an influence?

I don’t think it has a huge impact on their performance in the game (partly because attributes as a whole don’t matter as much as they should) especially when simming, I had Dhoni decline to somewhere around 50-60 and he was still finishing strongly, likewise Malinga was still performing adequately despite sinking to the 40s. Players that improved on paper didn’t start dominating either.

I don’t remember exactly how long it took for them to plateau but I think it stopped after a while with only incremental changes that I’m still not sure happened.

Rocketpsycho

School Cricketer
From my experience in previous games it’s linked to age and not form, I had much older players decline drastically. There were also a few who declined that weren’t so old but they had perks indicating that they were inconsistent so maybe that had an influence?

I don’t think it has a huge impact on their performance in the game (partly because attributes as a whole don’t matter as much as they should) especially when simming, I had Dhoni decline to somewhere around 50-60 and he was still finishing strongly, likewise Malinga was still performing adequately despite sinking to the 40s. Players that improved on paper didn’t start dominating either.

I don’t remember exactly how long it took for them to plateau but I think it stopped after a while with only incremental changes that I’m still not sure happened.
Thank you for taking time out to reply that helps a bunch.. For me it's totally random age doesn't seem to be the factor when I cross checked a few of the players.

The big ant mysteries continue..

Also I didn't know player attributes had low impact on game play.. My tail enders tend to edge the ball and get out for lower scores mostly and cant usually clear the inner circle fielders.. But i guess keep testing.
Post automatically merged:

Also the gap between match day 1 and 2 is just a week.. How fast are they aging!!

Bevab

Staff Member
Thank you for taking time out to reply that helps a bunch.. For me it's totally random age doesn't seem to be the factor when I cross checked a few of the players.

The big ant mysteries continue..

Also I didn't know player attributes had low impact on game play.. My tail enders tend to edge the ball and get out for lower scores mostly and cant usually clear the inner circle fielders.. But i guess keep testing.
Post automatically merged:

Also the gap between match day 1 and 2 is just a week.. How fast are they aging!!

I’m not saying they have no impact, their impact isn’t as big or significant as you expect it to be.

Yeah, the system isn’t really good in any case. No idea why this is the case.

Users who are viewing this thread