Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Rocketpsycho

School Cricketer
To be honest about my observations, this is a game in which the AI (specially bowling and fielding set ups) is quite predictable and easy to exploit. This definitely isn't the first game I've played which required tweaking to have an enjoyable gaming experience vs the AI.
Having said that, it's way more fun and immersive when you're playing vs a friend or 2 players per team, specially with all the different slider conditions possible, it makes it possible to mimic a variety of conditions. The depth in the bowling variations on pro controls are a lot, and the set up feels much more rewarding. The game does have some good scripts coming into effect time and again, but if you want the best experience of playing this game it should be on local multi-player.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Arcade controls have very high amount of feet movement assistance even at hardest difficulty and even with automatic foot selection turned off , all this results in very less amount of edges , they do happen but only if you get your timing horribly wrong.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Perhaps they can link the feet movement with positioning of the batter with respect to ball so that edges can occur even with Okish timing sometimes , there is no other way because feet movement controls are not there in arcade controls so the edges has to be solely dependent on timing or positioning of the batsmen.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Arcade controls have very high amount of feet movement assistance even at hardest difficulty and even with automatic foot selection turned off , all this results in very less amount of edges , they do happen but only if you get your timing horribly wrong.
It used to happen on badly timed shots before the patch but if you have played recently, you will notice that they are completely absent.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Another solution would be make edges depend on shot selection, like for eg if you try to play leg glance to the outswing bowl it should result in edge even if you time perfectly.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Another solution would be make edges depend on shot selection, like for eg if you try to play leg glance to the outswing bowl it should result in edge even if you time perfectly.
Yes that must be the most realistic solution

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Not totally absent but they have become even rare now and on absolutely horrid timing.
I haven't got a single one after the patch. I even tried batting with horrible timing for 15 overs or so

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I haven't got a single one after the patch. I even tried batting with horrible timing for 15 overs or so
I am getting 1 in every 3 games (5 over online multiplayer) which is indeed very rare. So technically it's 25-30 overs per edge which is absolutely horrid.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
In online games against some who is batting with arcade controls , the swing , cutters and spinning deliveries have become useless , the only way to get almost guaranteed wickets it is to set up the batsmen and outwit him in to believing that you will bowl an extremely slow delivery but you actually bowl extremely quick delivery or vice versa , 8/10 times it will either result in batsmen popping the ball up in the air , getting LBW or bowled , that's the only way to get wickets against someone who is batting with arcade controls , it's not fun anymore. Edges should be introduced based on poor shots selections due to movement off the surface and batsmen skill level and confidence at the crease. Batting is not just about getting your timing right.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
I prefer fewer edges on badly timed shots.
Now the game feels like more of a simulation and less of Arcady.

Whoever came up with the idea of fewer edges, great work. @JNT BA
It is non existent for Arcade players. Fewer edges is preferable but taking it out from the game is game-breaking

Users who are viewing this thread