T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

USA is giant killer of this edition... What a game... Amir bowling wides in super over is unacceptable...

FREEDOM BAYBAY! FREEDOM! :usa::usa::usa:

Unreal stuff from Sub Continent discards! Absolutely unreal, but then, Pakistan bowled rubbish in the Super Over as well.

Only four of their players today were born in the subcontinent and I’m not sure Ali Khan belongs to that list either. Using said term for them is disrespectful and frankly not right either.

But have you considered Qudrat Ka Nizaam™
laughing-babar-azam.gif

Didn't see this coming, massive win and news for the host.

I mean it. Babar Azam is almost singlehandedly holding our white-ball cricket back. I haven't posted much in this thread because i found it hard to root for this team. At times i even wished the USA won today, when he was batting on 6 off 20 and relied on Shadab to come in and do the hitting.
Today's results rewards a modern approach to T20 cricket, and punishes an outdated one.

The most damning thing is that the US weren’t completely playing modern cricket either and yet they’ve got past a much superior side.

The most damning thing is that the US weren’t completely playing modern cricket either and yet they’ve got past a much superior side.
They did their homework at least, and used the Powerplay effectively. That's the bare minimum, and still enough to beat a team run by Babar.

They did their homework at least, and used the Powerplay effectively. That's the bare minimum, and still enough to beat a team run by Babar.
I think the warning signs were there on the England & Ireland tour. Changed from the consistency of Babar & Rizwan at the top and then discarded those plans. The middle order looks even more vulnerable.

I have no words! I feel so tweaking ecstatic! Those of who know me know how much I have gotten into supporting everything cricket related in US. I am proud of this bunch of players out of few are expats but mostly are US born!

We should have won comfortably but did screw up in the end but that comes with experience. MLC has definitely helped improve T20 cricket in US and this will just keep getting better.

Pakistan in the end did Pakistan. Horrendous super over, horrendous fielding, horrendous batting when they started. They were 20 short by their standard.

Saurabh, well bowled! Was lucky to see you last year in MLC, hope this team grows from here.

They can definitely win against Ireland so they are 1 match away from super 8's or whatever.

1717704806445.png

I am happy that USA won but I am happier that Amir choked! :love:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread