Intercontinental Cup

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
ten Doeschate then took 22-1-92-3, economy of 4.18, as Canada made 485 in their second innings! Ouch! Qaiser Ali, the skipper, leading from the front with 174. Don Maxwell made 72 -anyone know why this allrounder only bowled 3 balls in Netherland's first innings?- and Bhatti 83*!
For some reason keeper Ashish Bagai -who isn't keeping wicket this game- is bowling more than Don Maxwell! Anyhoo, ten Doeschate is hammered them about in 31* off 26 balls as they chased down the required 181 in 39.3 overs! Canada used 9 bowlers! Bagai bowled 2.3 overs in the Match, as did Don Maxwell! That's ridiculous! What's going on?

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Canada v Netherlands result

Canada 1st innings: 103 all out (ten Doeschate 6/20)
Netherlands 1st innings: 409 all out (ten Doeschate 259 not out)
Canada 2nd innings: 485 all out (Qaiser Ali 174)
Netherlands 2nd innings: 181/3

Netherlands win by 7 wickets

Easily one of the best matches of the year.

Next match in the tournament starts tomorrow when Namibia take on the UAE at Windhoek.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
UAE are gonna cream Namibia! Arshad Ali and our other opener (Forgot his name now) are in stellar form, and Ali Abbas and Khurram Khan are still the lethal beasts they always were!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Hmm...that does seem tougher than beating Hong Kong at home. Although UAE did completely and utterly thrash them.
Should be a good game, go UAE!! :)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Stupid Amjad Javed. Has not footwork last time I saw him. After hearing he did well against Hong Kong, though he had improved. Turns out he still is a flat track bully :mad:
This team is very different. Rameez Shahzad has been in and out, Kashif and Silva, Bari and Alashmi are new, and where is Mohammed Tauqir?
Is it just me, or have majority of the UAE players declined to go? There is no Zahid Shah, Shoaib Sarwar, and the other middle order bats. I mean, this team scored 200+ against Sri Lanka 'A' and Netherlands and Bermuds in 50 over games, what happened here? I think lack of players, or a poor pitch. We'll just have to see how UAE do.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
And Namibia beat the UAE inside two days.

Result

UAE 1st innings: 96 all out
Namibia 1st innings: 428 all out (LJ Burger 120, Verwey 114, Wasim Bari 5/130)
UAE 2nd innings: 183 all out (Klazinga 5/20)

Namiba win by an innings and 149 runs

Points Table

1. Scotland (29)
2. Ireland (23)
3. Namiba (20)
4. UAE (0)

Remaining fixtures are UAE v Scotland at Sharjah, and UAE v Ireland at Abu Dhabi.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I'm to embarrassed to speak. They are much better than this, but the squad was severly understrength for reasons I do not know...

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It is good to see Ireland and Scotland playing well. I think that Louis Burger is the same man that played against England in the 2003 World Cup. His name sticks in my mind.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
skateboarder said:
It is good to see Ireland and Scotland playing well. I think that Louis Burger is the same man that played against England in the 2003 World Cup. His name sticks in my mind.
Louis Burger did play in that match, but without much success. Jan-Berry Burger was the Burger who did play well in that match, scoring 85.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Isn't UAE playing Scotland now?
Stumps, Day 1:
UAE - 271/3
Saqib Ali got a ton, great stuff :) Khurram hit a quick 70 not out, Arshad Ali failed sadly :(
8 bowlers used by Scotland in one day! And Gavin Hamilton is playing, interesting to see.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
andrew_nixon said:
Not that interesting considering he's been almost ever present in the Scotland side for the last year or so.
I know, I just though that he might have been involved in county cricket. Haven't seen him in many matches for a while and stuff, so it's nice to see he is in the frame of things. Was underbowled though, 8th bowler!

Users who are viewing this thread