ICC T20 world cup qualifiers 2013

karthik kamath

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
If any one who wants to discuss any thing relating to the event can dissuss it here..

the teams to take part in this tournament are:

GROUP:A
UAE
IRELAND
HONG KONG
ITALY
USA
CANADA
NAMIBIA
UGANDA

Group B
PNG
NEPAL
BERMUDA
NETHERLAND
AFGHANISTAN
KENYA
SCOTLAND
DENMARK

----------

[/COLOR]Bermuda ,PNG and Nepal have won both their 1st two games... Hoping these minnow nations get to the world cup and showcase the talent and potentiality in them:cheers

Last edited:

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Perhaps imo..the Afgans deserve a spot in the world cup..They have the potential to overpower some of the best cricketing nations..Canada and Netherlands also look promising..

Italy plays cricket?

karthik kamath

Club Captain
Perhaps imo..the Afgans deserve a spot in the world cup..They have the potential to overpower some of the best cricketing nations..Canada and Netherlands also look promising..

Italy plays cricket?

PNG today won against netherlands convincingly.. PNG has a very good team too..

yes, Italy won a game today against USA .. Though most of their players are from south Africa or Australia..

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Current Kent and former 2005 Ashes winning wicketkeeper Geraint Jones plays for PNG.

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Kenya have been really disappointing. Pleased to see that Rakep Patel scored a century, but just feel that they rely too much on Tikolo; who if was playing for most other countries would be retired now. :p Namibia hasn't done as well as I'd hoped either. Looks like they've slipped since the last T20 World Cup qualifiers.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Would be nice if Kenya comes back both as a test playing nation and a competitive side like they were some years back.

karthik kamath

Club Captain
Todays game

17 November
14:00
Scorecard

Bermuda

v

Netherlands

Match 19
ICC Academy, Dubai

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17 November
Scorecard

Afghanistan

v

Papua New Guinea

Match 20
Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah

----------

Group A games today

17 November
Scorecard

Namibia

v

United States

Match 17
Sheikh Zayed Stadium Nursery 1, Abu Dhabi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17 November
Scorecard

United Arab Emirates

v

Ireland

Match 18
Sheikh Zayed Stadium Nursery 2, Abu Dhabi

----------

Last edited:

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
So let me get this right, teams had to qualify for this qualifier where half of them qualify for the next qualifier, and then the two best teams from there go onto the actual World Cup. Makes sense ICC.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
So let me get this right, teams had to qualify for this qualifier where half of them qualify for the next qualifier, and then the two best teams from there go onto the actual World Cup. Makes sense ICC.

It's basically the associate nations playing in their very own World T20, as it takes place in the same country all in one go. The six best sides will be in Bangladesh next year. So far we've got Afghanistan, Ireland, Nepal and the UAE and it will be two of Hong Kong, Papua New Guinea, Netherlands and Scotland who will take the last places.

Nepal v Hong Kong and Netherlands v UAE were actually televised here this morning and it was a decent watch.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
It gives an opportunity to the lower-tier teams to have hopes/aspirations of qualifying for the World T20. I think Afghanistan came through from the lower tier to qualify?

(I don't know... the tournament doesn't make much sense to me, other than teams have mulitiple opportunities to qualify - so if USA beat Ireland, it doesn't mean Ireland is out, seeing as Ireland is probably the best associate team right now).

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It gives an opportunity to the lower-tier teams to have hopes/aspirations of qualifying for the World T20. I think Afghanistan came through from the lower tier to qualify?

(I don't know... the tournament doesn't make much sense to me, other than teams have mulitiple opportunities to qualify - so if USA beat Ireland, it doesn't mean Ireland is out, seeing as Ireland is probably the best associate team right now).

Ireland have already qualified because they won 6 of their 7 group games and so went into the 1st place play-offs. In the 1st place play-offs if you get to the semi-finals you have qualified.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
My point is that the "headlines" are reading Nepal/UAE have qualified for the WC etc, but they really haven't because they're going to get a hiding by Bang/Zim. Why not run a B WC alongside the proper one or something? That would make more sense to me than introducing another qualifying tournament which lets the ICC say that more teams are at the WC so it's growing globally etc.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Describe the ICC T20 world cup qualifiers in one word.

Answer: Useless. :facepalm

What did achieved by the qualified teams?

Answer: They will have to face another qualifier round in order to play against Top 8 teams.

What is the shame?

Answer: The hosts Bangladesh also have to play in qualifier round. :p

Seriously, I will never can understand ICC's development program for Cricket. :noway Someone please tell them that its not a Test-Championship. :facepalm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread