Rizwan
Zaman
Babar
Shadab
Ifti
Imad
Whichever bloke looks good in net practice Naseem
All Rounder Afridi

This should be Pakistan’s XI going forward IMO.

Yeah, this could work against the mighty Moose.

Pakistan needed a David Miller but they couldn't even find a David Schwimmer.

Shocking that it's the number 9 being the first batter to try some innovation and to actual connect with a big hit for god knows how long.

Good performance in field from India. Arguably they won it in their batting powerplay too. Think I saw a comparison they scored 14 more. Crucial runs when the ball is hard and you can try to take the slow outfield out of the equation.

Yeah it was India Pakistan.

Yeah India won.

But that was a poor game of cricket.

Everyone knows that the real rivalry in Asian cricket these days is Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh.

Yeah it was India Pakistan.

Yeah India won.

But that was a poor game of cricket.
Nope, it was a complete game. It was not poor. The pitch was okish but both team did bat and Indian bowlers were better in the day!

Superb comeback from India... At 10th over period, Pakistan had strong hold on the match, Bumrah took important wicket of Rizwan to turn the game towards India...

Bumrah Masterclass!

And yet performances like these will unnoticed and we’ll have our clown of a fanbase hurling abuses at him because India didn’t win a final.

We don’t deserve the bloke, he’s too darn good.
Post automatically merged:

Nope, it was a complete game. It was not poor. The pitch was okish but both team did bat and Indian bowlers were better in the day!

I disagree, that was a pretty scrappy outfield and a poor pitch. The quality of cricket wasn’t good either barring a few bowlers on both sides.

The only reason why these pitches aren’t attracting more flak is because of the fatigue from the IPL’s highways. Once that wears off we’ll start seeing criticism rightfully.

Scotland doing their NRR a few favours.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F3cc4fb1f-025a-4c6e-b82b-76dad5fb2314_480x480.gif

Hell yeah! We did it. What the fu*king hell was this game and how did India manage to win it? Jasprit Bumrah, you are a champion and the streets won't forget you

A couple thoughts before this match. The perfect representation of Babar's team is the fact they didn't even know who their designated Super Over batters are. Took them 10 minutes to figure it out, and then Fakhar didn't even take the strike, or face a ball, against a left-arm pacer. That's the level of tactical astuteness Babar Azam has. He bowled Shadab to Aaron Jones, who devours errant spinners (like Shadab is at the moment) and is weak against pace, despite Amir telling him to bring on Shaheen because it was reversing. He fostered a dressing room atmosphere hostile to younger batters like Saim and Azam, was caught on camera fat-shaming Azam during a practice drill (called him "gainda", a Punjabi insult), and it was clear he was giving them a chance only because they couldn't be overlooked on the basis of their PSL performances. At the end, of course, he and Rizwan were always gonna open. Against USA, when faced with tight bowling, they couldn't even rotate the strike, let alone utilise the Powerplay. The loss was thoroughly deserved, and to be honest a team run in this way doesn't deserve to advance beyond the group stage.
Exactly as i told you. They wasted the powerplay and the spin overs despite knowing that it gets harder to bat on this track. India collapsed after the 10-over mark too, so they should have attacked Jadeja and Axar alongside Pandya, but these guys have "bat deep" tattooed on their brains by 5 years of playing under Babar.

And yet performances like these will unnoticed and we’ll have our clown of a fanbase hurling abuses at him because India didn’t win a final.

We don’t deserve the bloke, he’s too darn good.

I disagree, that was a pretty scrappy outfield and a poor pitch. The quality of cricket wasn’t good either barring a few bowlers on both sides.

The only reason why these pitches aren’t attracting more flak is because of the fatigue from the IPL’s highways. Once that wears off we’ll start seeing criticism rightfully.

We definitely dont deserve Bumrah. Single handedly carrying our bowling.

Pitch was not as bad as its been and I have been critical. Outfield was outrageous but thats the beauty of Cricket. Both teams batted and bowled, team with better leadership and nerves won in the end.

Rizwan lost this match for Pakistan with that shot.

Exactly as i told you. They wasted the powerplay and the spin overs despite knowing that it gets harder to bat on this track. India collapsed after the 10-over mark too, so they should have attacked Jadeja and Axar alongside Pandya, but these guys have "bat deep" tattooed on their brains by 5 years of playing under Babar.

It makes sense to bat deep when you have a Buttler or Kohli doing that, the only one I can see in a similar role is Rizwan and he’s not exactly the best at it either.

We definitely dont deserve Bumrah. Single handedly carrying our bowling.

Pitch was not as bad as its been and I have been critical. Outfield was outrageous but thats the beauty of Cricket. Both teams batted and bowled, team with better leadership and nerves won in the end.

Rizwan lost this match for Pakistan with that shot.

Yeah, I don’t think there’s any question of the pitch being a lottery or luck favouring us. Pakistan got outplayed in all aspects today despite us looking off colour.

I can’t see us winning the tournament like this though, need a few others to step up.

Users who are viewing this thread