T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

Excellent game last night! Afghanistan has been consistently punching above expectations this tournament and actually have a seriously good T20 side with excellent bowlers and much improved batters. They face South Africa in the semis and I would be happy if either one wins and sad for the one that loses.

Despite Cummins' 'minimally proven skills in T20', he should have been made the captain of the Australia side. The man is a cut out leader and the IPL also proved it as to how he lead the SRH side to the final. Cummins as the captain would have made a huge difference to Australia's fortunes in this tournament. As for Bangladesh - incredible how hard they have slid down the tracks. When its the last game of your tournament and you have to score the runs faster in a certain amount of overs, giving up and plodding along and potentially trying to pull the other subcontinental team down for ego purposes was just downright shameful (I am sure BD after a point just decided "we are not making it, lets ensure AFG dont make it").

My dear, we have a semi-final to go first. Even if we win that there's still a final to be won.

Lastly, your Kohli is yet to strike any semblance of form here. If he continues his rich vein of poor form, there's a good chance that half the country will be crying based on what we do in Guyana.
If Kohli doesn't win he can always ask Phil Salt what it's like to lift the T20 World Cup

Excellent game last night! Afghanistan has been consistently punching above expectations this tournament and actually have a seriously good T20 side with excellent bowlers and much improved batters. They face South Africa in the semis and I would be happy if either one wins and sad for the one that loses.

Despite Cummins' 'minimally proven skills in T20', he should have been made the captain of the Australia side. The man is a cut out leader and the IPL also proved it as to how he lead the SRH side to the final. Cummins as the captain would have made a huge difference to Australia's fortunes in this tournament. As for Bangladesh - incredible how hard they have slid down the tracks. When its the last game of your tournament and you have to score the runs faster in a certain amount of overs, giving up and plodding along and potentially trying to pull the other subcontinental team down for ego purposes was just downright shameful (I am sure BD after a point just decided "we are not making it, lets ensure AFG dont make it").

Cummins’ inclusion in the T20I team was not as clear cut to be fair when MMarsh was first made the captain nor was his captaincy acumen as proven in the shortest format. Marsh does have a solid record as the captain previously and has been the heir anointed for a long time now so it’s not the worst decision outt here either. I just think Australia were slightly unlucky to have been eliminated, on another day they would have likely been one of the two in the semis. I’ve also noticed that the takes on the state of their side have been extremely laughable on social media by our fans that have been holding a grudge against them and Cummins in particular after last year’s final.

Three of the four sides in the semis are the ones that I would have expected to be there with the Afghanis being the wildcard entry. Wouldn’t mind either them or the Proteas winning the semi and reaching the final. I don’t see India making any changes to their XI barring injuries. At this point I think Pant at three and SKY at four works quite well so it would be Guardiola levels of experimentation to tinker with that. If Kohli shouldn’t be opening then he will have to be dropped but I’m not sure any coach on the planet would do that going into the semi-final with his previous track record.

I wouldn’t mind us dropping Dube for Samson though. Jadeja going out for Siraj or Chahal is another move I wouldn’t mind.

Maybe it time for Mushfiquar Rahim to come back in the team

Mushi is the one of the worst T20I batters in history if not the worst and you want him to come back when he’s thirty-seven? Why, just why?

I’ve also noticed that the takes on the state of their side have been extremely laughable on social media by our fans that have been holding a grudge against them and Cummins in particular after last year’s final.

Absolute comedy! Indian fans on social media are a unique piece. This is no revenge for that, and the fact that they even thought that India will run away with the 2023 ODI WC while not getting good fight from Australia was laughable. Too much talk about “November 19” during this tournament by the cricket experts, commentators, fans. :facepalm

Why people are taking social media too much seriously these days I don't get it.

There are always going to be these trolls and Paid PR posts.

Amd Star Sports has been leading from the front since 2015 in all these aspects (Mauka Mauka, Aussie ki Taisi etc.)

Indians are celebrating and trolling well good luck with that because the chances of winning the ICC trophy going by the event in last 10 year is still last than 1%.

Absolute comedy! Indian fans on social media are a unique piece. This is no revenge for that, and the fact that they even thought that India will run away with the 2023 ODI WC while not getting good fight from Australia was laughable. Too much talk about “November 19” during this tournament by the cricket experts, commentators, fans. :facepalm
Star Sports is really the worst broadcaster. Early 2000s, they were right up there when they had the partnership with ESPN. To a large extent, ESPN did pull back the stupidity from Star.

Star's pre-mid and post game shows are an exclusive PR agency for Virat Kohli and nothing more. World Cup coverage is more about Ind v Pak and how we end up winning everytime. I was quite happy when Disney forced Star to sub-let the rights to Zee, but alas, that wasn't to happen.

Indians are celebrating and trolling well good luck with that because the chances of winning the ICC trophy going by the event in last 10 year is still last than 1%.

If you ask me, even if we face Afghanistan in the the KO or the finals, the chance will still be less than 1%.

Despite Cummins' 'minimally proven skills in T20', he should have been made the captain of the Australia side. The man is a cut out leader and the IPL also proved it as to how he lead the SRH side to the final. Cummins as the captain would have made a huge difference to Australia's fortunes in this tournament.

I agree with Cummin's as captain, but don;t think it would have made a big difference to where they ended up. They played well, had an off day vs Afghanistan and got eliminated. Cummins being in charge wouldn't have changed the story line there.

Marsh as a future leader isnt something that sits well with me. While he might have been their heir apparent, he doesn't seem to have done anything of much value here. Domestically he might be decent, but I feel Australia could have had some one else. He is still scratchy and I'd perhaps liken him to Ravinder Jadeja. A bits and pieces players who sometimes gets going.
If Kohli shouldn’t be opening then he will have to be dropped but I’m not sure any coach on the planet would do that going into the semi-final with his previous track record.

I wouldn’t mind us dropping Dube for Samson though. Jadeja going out for Siraj or Chahal is another move I wouldn’t mind.

Kohli needs to be dropped. Like you mentioned though, no coach would end up doing so- though I have great expectations from Dravid to make the change here. Jaiswal instead of VK for the semis would be a blessing for India.

As for Dube/Samson- it is a straight forth swap. I do not see Dube rolling his arm over vs England and having Samson offers the cushion to the top order to free their arms. The bowling- depends largely on what Guyana serves up. Despite that, my gut feel says Chahal wont get a game. If Jadeja goes out, they will end up playing Siraj mostly.

Users who are viewing this thread