Retirements Thread - Virat, Rohit and Jadeja T20Is

Looks like Will Pucovski will be bowing out of professional cricket.

Obviously that's going to be difficult for him, but it's absolutely for the best: while the number of concussions he's had, coupled with his mental health troubles, indicate that his personal future could be very difficult indeed, it is good to know that he will not continue to be in a situation where his job keeps making the situation worse. Hopefully he has a strong future ahead of him as a cricket commentator or coach - by all accounts he's very good at those things.
Genuinely hope he gets healthy and stays connected to the game.

Hopefully they get him involved in the cricketing setup in a non-playing role as soon as possible if he’s up for it. I reckon he could have a massively positive impact.

Yeah, this was well timed. Gets to go out on a high with a trophy, an important contribution in the final and as the greatest T20I batter in history till date. Can’t dream of a better way to bow out.

Rohit’s joining Kohli now.

A bit surprised, I had assumed he would have remained active on paper till the Champions Trophy next year and then called it a day from both white ball formats.

What a wonderful career. Made his debut in the first ever WC, plays a crucial knock in that final that proves decisive and then leads his country to their second WC in his final game. The stuff of dreams.

Very surprised with Rohit Sharma's decision to step away. I have to admit, I wasn't a big fan of him when he first came to the side. But ever since he took on the leadership mantle, he has transformed himself and this team into something else altogether. For me, he is at par with the leadership shown by Ganguly in the early 2000s (yes, I rate him higher than the others who filled in the interim)

Some crucial knocks on the way! Way to go captain! You shall be missed.

Ravindra Jadeja retires from T20 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread