12th Match, Group A: India v West Indies at Johannesburg

Brook

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Few things mentioned: Tendulkar out, Sharma out, Nayar in.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I guess they've given up on making the semi's then.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Kieran Powell's finally getting a game, very impressive young batsmen he is. Rate him as one of the best batting talents in the world tbh, he's a freak.

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
P Kumar has given a break early,but it seems India cannot make to semis, Aus really looking good (match against Pak)...

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Kieran Powell's finally getting a game, very impressive young batsmen he is. Rate him as one of the best batting talents in the world tbh, he's a freak.

Really? Scores of 0 and 5 against Bangladesh and India, hardly the 2 best seam attacks in world cricket. Only managed a List A average of 10 with a best of 30 in his time in Windies domestic cricket as well. I've not seen him bat myself, but those aren't the performances of one of the best batting talents in the world. Performances in Under-19 cricket don't mean a great deal either, Tim Southee easily outperformed Wayne Parnell and any other player on show in one tournament, but there's no chance he's a better bowler than Parnell.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Really? Scores of 0 and 5 against Bangladesh and India, hardly the 2 best seam attacks in world cricket. Only managed a List A average of 10 with a best of 30 in his time in Windies domestic cricket as well. I've not seen him bat myself, but those aren't the performances of one of the best batting talents in the world. Performances in Under-19 cricket don't mean a great deal either, Tim Southee easily outperformed Wayne Parnell and any other player on show in one tournament, but there's no chance he's a better bowler than Parnell.

He made his debut at 17, the stats are bound to be scewed by that. I saw a lot of him during the under 19 world cup, and like I said he was easily the most dominate batsmen there. He averaged 50 odd from memory but had a SR in the 100's, really impressive considering the slow and low wickets the games were played on.

I agree about performances meaning very little in under 19 cricket in the long run though. Another example would be Phil Hughes, he tanked in that world cup and look at him now.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Don't bother about just winning this, win this big, india. Like you.

On the other side, It's pretty funny to see people who were cursing pakistan to lose, or rather India to defeat Pakistan few days back, Praying today that pakistan should win. lol. Pretty amazing turn-arounds. Maybe the vice-versa will happen sometime later in another trophy.

But, I still support India and Pakistan to win both their games. IND-PAK FTW!! :banana2:banana2

Users who are viewing this thread