2 cents

potholes

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just thought i'd chuck in my 2 cents regarding blic2007, and what it should have.

1) after playing a lot of ea2k5 and blic2k5 there are some obvious raps that codies should get. The bowling is streets ahead of ea's effort, with better, and more accurate ball movement. Overall game speed is way better too. You can actually beat the cpu batsmen in blic....gosh! So, first of all, codies should build on, rather than reconstruct, the bowling mechanics. It's great so far. Variation is the key, the ball moves in the air or off the pitch in the real game to varying degrees with ball age etc. Mirror the awesome ball skill of the game's elite.

2) Batting should include both an increase in variation of shot direction, and the ability to choose front or back foot play. Other than that it's ok. Obviously the key thing in cricket is variation, it's a game with variables. Not all edges fly to the slips in the same height and direction, and not all cover drives go in the same direction. Oh yeah, and we need to incorporate leaving into the batting. The ability to leave the ball is just part of cricket (and certainly beats those poxy deflections by the CPU in).

3) there should be a saving option. Not being able to save your game is lame codies....vot vere u theenkeeng!!! :) (not sure what language stereotype that is..my own fabrication methinks) Oh, and stats! cumulative stats for all players. STATS are shweet.

4) There should be a variety of camera angles. I think the camera flicking from the overhead to a kind of 'dynamic' cam makes me lose my sense of the virtual stadium dimensions when i'm going to be caught in the field, if that makes sense. I just think 'where the hell have i hit this ball....oh wait im going to be caught on the boundary...no, at gully!!??'

5) Variety of unique actions would be spesh! And player sizes too. The technology is there to copy them into a game. Little Murali trotting in and letting one go, elbows and wrists akimbo would be sweet, and the metronome Pidgeon at 6ft6 letting fly, and big Harms slinging them down.....

Oh, i have only played the demo of blic, so i don't really know whether there are cumulative stats and unique actions in the full version.....

That's all i can be bothered doing right now...time to watch MONKEY MAGIC :)

potholes

School Cricketer
Oh bollocks, sorry mate..... any moderators feel free to delete this thread.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
don't delete it because you've done alot of work writing :p.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
He has put it in the releavant Brian Lara Cricket 2007 thread

Users who are viewing this thread