20/20 extinct 2011

valvolux

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hmmm. how boring was the IPL. very. what a waste of time this tournament has been so far as well. 20/20 has run its course. am i the only one bored of people hitting sixes? the thing that makes cricket fun is totally lost in 20/20. it's making it like soccer....teams like india and pakistan who cannot win a thing when it takes a whole team (all 11 players) can claim to be world champs? thank god the rain has come in to ruin this patheic form of the game after Modi tired his best to finish it himself.

we have an english (try south afrian) team with their most successful player being an irishman...who without him wouldn't have beaten the irish. we have western dancing girls at a tournament in india who provide more entertainment than on the indian fields. bannanas!!!

are we turning our great game into soccer? do we really want the "excitment" of knowing that our team, who might be ordinary get a result against a far better team...like you see in soccer? turn it up. this game is dead. bring on the ashes...the last contest that actually leaves out politics, crap journalism and ridiculous indian advertisments (why we were made to suffer every second over seeing gambhir and sehwag laying next to each other fondliing each other is beyond me). 20/20 is a joke. bring on a proper test match world cup. india aren't even good at 20/20 - but they are good at test matches - surely someone will pump a few billion into that now?

P

pcfan123

I disagree that Twenty20 will be extinct but the bubble has burst for sure. IPL saw dismal ratings and even the semi-finals were not sold out. The novelty has worn off and people are seeing it for what it really is. Advertising and marketing masquerading as cricket

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Semi final were shifted to Mumbai on last minute. All Bangalore matches tickets were sold before that.
No one will cry if T20 dies. Still think it should be played at domestic level only and Internationally keep ODI and Test.

D

Dutch

They wont let it die: too much money. they will play around with it, add all kinds of gimmicks and things to make it more "appealing". God, I am bored with Twenty20. Can't wait for the proper cricket to start: Test matches!

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
TBh the time I see 20-20 is during IPL or the T20 WC. Its 6 weeks in a year when WC is not on.

Dont watch English, South African, Aussie or West Indian T20 tournaments.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
6 weeks is along time over the course of a cricket season.

I don't mind the odd game but I really couldn't be doing with all this IPL rubbish nor could I watch many Twenty20 matches in England's domestic circuit.

What annoys me is that they only seem to show two First Class games on Sky Sports a year which is way too little. I love watching them games when they have them on.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Well after this WC is over we will hardly see T20 games with some international fixtures in between.

Check the sides playing maximum T20 Internationals. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread