2007 Cricsim Draft: COMPLETED

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
The order of the draft is determined on two factors; the amount of players in each team, and the team's results last season.

Basically it has been calculated by adding up the points from both OD and FC ladders, then adding in the amount of players in each team to balance it out. There will also be 'priority picks' for teams with less than 10 players, at the start of the 2nd (for teams with 8 or 9 - Soakers, Legends and Bitters) and 3rd rounds (except the Bitters as they have 9). The 2nd round priorities will not be the team's pick for the round, and the order will reset after them. The 3rd round ones will count, and the teams will not be offered further picks that round.

The order is as follows:
ROUND 1:
1. Legends
2. Crusaders
3. Supersoakers
4. Warriors
5. Bitters
6. Donkeys

ROUND 2 (Priorities don't count as picks):
Pr 7: Legends
Pr 8: Supersoakers
Pr 9: Bitters
10. Legends
11. Crusaders
12. Supersoakers
13. Warriors
14. Bitters
15. Donkeys

ROUND 3 (Priorities count as picks):
Pr 16. Legends
Pr 17. Supersoakers
18. Crusaders
19. Warriors
20. Bitters
21. Donkeys

Further rounds will follow the order of the 1st round.

The draft will be completed when all players in the pool have been drafted, all teams forfeit their picks, or all team lists are full:

As soon as a team has 12 players, it can pass on a draft pick. As soon as a team passes, it is out of the draft and can not take any further picks. If all 6 teams pass, the draft is over. If all teams have 16 players, the draft is also over, as it is if every player in the draft is taken.

After the draft all sides must have a minimum of 12 players. The maximum is 16.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ok bit confused with priorities and what not but I think i'll get the idea once we start. So when do we start picking? And will a list of all the drafties be put up?

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great post, this is going to be interesting. I may sound cocky but I reckon I will be a top 3 pick - vBookie:p

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Lol I said that to you, I think ill be in the Bitters or Donkeys to be honest but WC is scaring me with the Warriors threats :p

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lol I said that to you, I think ill be in the Bitters or Donkeys to be honest but WC is scaring me with the Warriors threats :p

What the hell :mad: i didnt scared you, i just offered u a place ;)

Bilal91

International Coach
i think it's gonna be Wildwil first one...trevs been lookin at him for a while now...

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Ok bit confused with priorities and what not but I think i'll get the idea once we start. So when do we start picking? And will a list of all the drafties be put up?
They are posted in the New Recruits Advertisement Thread, I'll move them here if you want but the draft will be held in chat to save a heap of time of not having to wait for new posts and not going away when it's not your turn.

Anyone can watch the draft live, and captains and vice captains can consult if they want.

Is that ok with everyone? Can the other 5 managers do it sometime today?

The ideal time would be either between 8am GMT - 9 or after 11.

I need all of you to confirm.

Last edited:

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Hey has the draft list been updated because apperently i wasnt on it before

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
OK new details:

The 2007 Planetcricket Cricsim Competition will be having its draft today where new players will be picked up by clubs

The draft will be held in the PC chat (found at the top of your pc window on the links bar) today at 12:00 GMT.

All team managers will be required to be in attendance, or 2nd in charges if required - please PM aus5892 if this is the case.

I need PM confirmation from all managers ASAP!

All other players and members of the public are encouraged to come and watch if wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread