2023 ICC Cricket World Cup (October/November) - India

Your 2023 Cricket World Cup Champions are?

• Australia

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • India

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Also, what is the point of carrying Ben Stokes along if he isn't going to be used as a bowler?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The last time, the nominated captain gave over the reigns to his deputy, the teams have won

2015- Bailey and Clarke
2016- Chandimal and Malinga
2023- Williamson and Latham & now Bavuma and Markram. So, a joint winner this year, then?
Post automatically merged:

You're right. He's never done anything with the bat.
I didn't even talk about his batting. The point is if he is an AR, who has been specifically brought back for the World Cup, he better be utilized 100%

Am pretty sure,ECB won't send anymore SOS calls to him in the future for ODIs. At the moment,he seems to be a liability,that England could have done without.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The last time, the nominated captain gave over the reigns to his deputy, the teams have won

2015- Bailey and Clarke
2023- Williamson and Latham & now Bavuma and Markram. So, a joint winner this year, then?

I didn't even talk about his batting. The point is if he is an AR, who has been specifically brought back for the World Cup, he better be utilized 100%

Am pretty sure,ECB won't send anymore SOS calls to him in the future for ODIs. At the moment,he seems to be a liability,that England could have done without.
He was specifically brought back as a batter not as an all rounder.

Supreme General

County Cricketer

2015- Bailey and Clarke

That’s complete load of BS. He literally just hit the highest ever score in an ODI by an English player a month ago. He’s a talismanic player and a leader in the dressing room. And England were under no illusions it’s been openly said he’s there a batter only

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
That’s complete load of BS. He literally just hit the highest ever score in an ODI by an English player a month ago. He’s a talismanic player and a leader in the dressing room. And England were under no illusions it’s been openly said he’s there a batter only
Hitting the highest ever ODI score doesn't hide the fact that this star player is an effective bowler. His bowling abilities can be better utilized by England. Just baffles me why they would carry someone with the stature of Botham and ask him not to bowl, effectively treating him as a Hick!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Has it been mentioned anywhere? If we assume he has been brought in the side as a batter, then it comes at the expense of Jason Roy- a foolish decision really
It's been the a large point of discussion since he retired.

He originally picked ahead of Brook. Then they decided to back Malan and Brook at the expense of Roy.

His knee might fall off if he tries to bowl. So, I think the only reason he's in the side is because they know he can win games with the bat. Two World Cup finals for example.

Supreme General

County Cricketer
Has it been mentioned anywhere? If we assume he has been brought in the side as a batter, then it comes at the expense of Jason Roy- a foolish decision really
Jason Roy who’s been in and out of form for 3 years, already dropped in one format and who couldn’t play any warm up games with back spasms. Also Brook was in for Roy not stokes, as shown by the provisional squad

A.P Haux

The Meowest Avenger
AUS..
BNG..
Kings XI
RCB...
Melbourne Stars
Avengers
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Surprised to see Root bowling 6 overs. Also what happened to Reece Topley?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Anyhow,of the team, the board and the fans are okay with this, I guess my objections wouldn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread