2nd Test: Australia v England at The Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, 5-9 Dec

I think everyone knows about Mills but making your debut while 1-0 down in the Ashes is a hell of an ask for any bowler.

So will Faulkner play ??

I think everyone knows about Mills but making your debut while 1-0 down in the Ashes is a hell of an ask for any bowler.

Yea i'm not necessarily advocating for Mills to play, just highlighting that along with Finn & Rankin in the main squad - Mills is another 90 mph quick available & he is potentially unique being a left-armer.

I want to trust Flower & the selectors, based on their track record of success, but when i see them pick Tremlett for the tour & 1st test along with the likelihood of Bresnan playing in Adelaide, Shane Warne's accusations of ENG being boring & a defensive team continues to resonate.

Are Finn & Rankin bowling that badly in the warm-ups? I'm struggling to accept this position.

Seeing Prior mentioned earlier, I think the problem is complacency from the selectors. I think they saw how good Prior was and assumed he'd be the number one choice in Test cricket for the next few years at least. That means the best wicket-keeper batsmen in the Championship (Steven Davies and Craig Kieswetter) have been cast aside, in favour of more long term options in Buttler and Foakes in the performance squads.

This means that now Prior has dropped in form, there isn't a Davies or Kieswetter on tour to push him, but only Bairstow who hasn't kept that much due to being in the England side and his batting technique is relatively suspect at the top level.

While I think England aren't in a great position being 1-0 down & losing Trott etc, it would be foolish to completely write them off.

If they can just get the batting to actually stand up and perform then I think they can hold their own in Adelaide. Although that is a big IF

Supposedly it is Stokes and Panesar in for Trott and Tremlett. Im preparing myself for Stokes to get a 22 and 1/80. Personally I'd have gone for Ballance and Bresnan.

Well, I think the expression from America is 'Out of left field' ? This is from somewhere way past left field. But hey, after the first Test a gamble isn't the end of the world. Panesar is a decent enough performer, with Australia still having a question mark against spin. We need the batsmen to stand up to be counted though, that's where this Test can be won or lost. Cook, KP and Bell need to go big.

What on earth have they done?

I'd have gone for Root at 3, Prior up to 6 and Bresnan in for Tremlett.

We may have lost the Test before it began with this line up.

Users who are viewing this thread