505 Games bringing Ashes Cricket 2013, A Tale of Two Sons, more to E3

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^^ and i would do the same too and add cricinfo in my list for ads. Might be a bit expensive but cricinfo is a gold mine to advertise cricket games which i believe no cricket game ever did. Or at the least get cricinfo to do an article on the game which should be much much cheaper.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yup, CricInfo would be a no brainer as well... But i imagine they're booked well im advance for IPL, Champions Trophy by Pepsi etc. Also, banner ads are regional... So Ashes might be UK only but then I'd skin the website for a month and own the joint.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
...especially during the Champions Trophy before release and the Ashes after release; because Cricinfo probably gets tonnes more traffic during major competitions and tours than on other days. I know that I rely on Cricinfo's live scores during games that I'm interested in; and you'd imagine that people who check scores on the internet would be quite interested in a cricket video game.

But hey; we're not 505, perhaps they have a groundbreaking advertising plan that will revolutionise the way in which people market video games for ever in the future!

...if they do; I think I'll fly to Australia and join Ross on his naked run...

Last edited:

LittleChamp

Club Cricketer
I tthink I found the reason of having 2different release dates

The game is officially releasing on June 21 but only in EU

aNd September release is for US and other countries as we have seen in feew reviews it states that it will release after 3 to 6 months outside Europe!

So don't worry :)

nahid

Club Captain
Whtever they are saying now !! I cant trust them anymore,,

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
If I was either of these games I would've brought out every banner and box ad spot on PlanetCricket and bombarded us with ads, trailers and gameplay for weeks incessantly rather than show it to cricket impotent journalists...

Then you wouldn't last in marketing very long ;)
No point spending money preaching to the converted.

I'm now very pessimistic about a June release.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Then you wouldn't last in marketing very long ;)
No point spending money preaching to the converted.

You're kidding, right? That's exactly who you target. Cricket fans here are your bread and butter and the gamers here, although they're tier-one fans when it comes to gaming, are the ones who are going to actively market your game FOR FREE by word of mouth. Social Media rules these days, and your web-addicts (like we are) make a huge difference for the savvy folks out there.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Cricket fans yes. Members of Planetcricket specifically no (much as we'd like the business). If someone hasn't noticed the AC13 and Big Ant forums here I'm not sure an ad will help them...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
You've seen the influx of new folks in-and-around image releases and beta updates. That's the crowd you're hitting, not us folk... and we've got the most unbiased coverage of these games.

Users who are viewing this thread