IPL 56th Match: Bangalore Royal Challengers v Deccan Chargers

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Bangalore Royal Challengers v Deccan Chargers at Centurion

Royal Challengers Bangalore: (probable) 1 Ross Taylor, 2 Jacques Kallis, 3 Rahul Dravid, 4 Robin Uthappa, 5 Virat Kohli, 6 Mark Boucher (wk), 7 Roelof van der Merwe, 8 B Akhil, 9 Praveen Kumar, 10 R Vinay Kumar, 11 Anil Kumble (capt).

Deccan: (probable) 1 Adam Gilchrist (capt & wk), 2 Herschelle Gibbs, 3 T Suman, 4 Rohit Sharma, 5 Andrew Symonds, 6 Venugopal Rao, 7 D Ravi Teja, 8 Chaminda Vaas, 9 RP Singh, 10 Pragyan Ojha, 11 Jaskaran Singh/Harmeet Singh.

Cricinfo preview

vickyrox

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just saw katrina kaif....wow
go banglore;);););)

vickyrox added 7 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

whos this pandey
91*

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Manish Pandey! Wow! Some luck, some class, but what a gem of an innings!

He was part of the U-19 World Cup winning squad that included Kohli, Jadeja and Sangwan, and was in the first-team there as a No. 3 batsman, if I remember rightly. He always looked classy, just never carried on from starts, but, well, talk about making a name for yourself. First Indian to hit a century in the IPL.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Pandey scores the first Indian IPL century and Bangalore reaches 170-4. They scored 23 runs of the final over.

If Bangalore loses in 11.1 overs they will be out of the semi-finals. That won't happen, so that means Punjab is out of the tournament.

The winner of this match will face Chennai and the loser Delhi.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Manish Pandey was a team mate of my friend's team. So I know bit about him. They both played together and Manish scored maximum runs in every match. I still remember their Sri Lankan tour:rolleyes:. He is great batsman which has been proved today.

KXI Out of tournament so I will be happy if anyone win this tournament.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well i want Deccan to win so Delhi would thrash Banglore in semis. I am watching IPL after almost 14 days and thanks god i have not wasted my time by watching it lately. Banglore in semis is just a joke.

King Cricket

International Coach
This century has actually revealed an embarrassing truth. He's the first Indian to score a century in T-20 cricket! Can you believe this! We started playing T-20 from the year of 2006- and it took an Indian four long years to score a century in this format!! I know, it's an uphill job, but still, four years!! But you know what the funny thing is? Not a single Indian news channel is telecasting this news! NDTV, CNN-IBN, Times Now, Headlines Today- not a single!!!! They are not even giving any slides. God knows why!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Pandey scores the first Indian IPL century and Bangalore reaches 170-4. They scored 23 runs of the final over.

If Bangalore loses in 11.1 overs they will be out of the semi-finals. That won't happen, so that means Punjab is out of the tournament.

The winner of this match will face Chennai and the loser Delhi.

I thought the same too, but I hear that its the opposite where the winner faces Delhi and the loser faces Chennai (1 vs 3 and 2 vs 4).

King Cricket

International Coach
^ So, Mohali has no chances of making it to the semis? But why is that? The team who will lose this match- they will remain with 14 pts- whereas Mohali also has 14- so that will be a tie- and then the runrate will decide who would get a semi berth. So, there's still a chance for KXI, isn't there?

King Cricket added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Oh, just read ZZ's post. Yeah, right- they have no chances.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Bangalore wins and finishes third! Well played Bangalore!

Interesting to see who they face in the semis. On form, both Chennai and Delhi should go to the finals. But this being a T20 and the other semifinalists (DC and RCB) being strong enough, it will be two cracker of a semifinals. One team to the final has to be CHENNAI (I hope so!). I dont mind the other one being Delhi (we have beaten them once).

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
This century has actually revealed an embarrassing truth. He's the first Indian to score a century in T-20 cricket! Can you believe this! We started playing T-20 from the year of 2006- and it took an Indian four long years to score a century in this format!! I know, it's an uphill job, but still, four years!! But you know what the funny thing is? Not a single Indian news channel is telecasting this news! NDTV, CNN-IBN, Times Now, Headlines Today- not a single!!!! They are not even giving any slides. God knows why!

I think Rohit Sharma has a domestic T20 century, so you'd be wrong there...but, in the IPL, it is the first Indian century of course.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
But then again, Rohit Sharma just plain sucks.

I missed Mangal Pandey's (:p) innings. I gotta catch some highlights!

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President

but at the same time the guy who did it proves it's not a big deal. now, I'm not bagging this kid, what he did was brilliant but in all honesty he is a long way from being the best T20 batsman in the competition. some good shots but mostly abandon that didn't get punished when it did reap chances.

it takes luck to score a ton in twenty20, and the better the players against you the less lucky you're likely to get.

add to that india's most likely candidates Yuvraj and Sehwag, have never really hit top form in the IPL, this season or last.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
Great to see and Indian score a century in the IPL. It was truely a great knock.

Bangalore are looking solid from here. I think they can defeat Chennai and go to the finals.

Users who are viewing this thread