9th Match: Australia v India (Group A)

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Yes. If Pakistan beats Australia badly and India beats West Indies badly.

yasirbhai

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i think probably that if rain stops after sometime and cause reductions of overs, this might help india but if rain keeps on going the whole day india might be dependent on pakistan to beat australia and net run rate to beat westindies with big margin.

i was waiting to see the fireworks by australia in last overs probably i m gonna miss it

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What happens if it continues to rain the rest of the day?
Will India get out of CT?

If it rains for the rest of the day, the match is washed out and India end up with 1 point and Australia will be 3 points (incl. their win against WI). If Australia beat Pakistan in their next game, India will be out (coz Aus go to 5 points and even if India beat WI, we end up with only 3 points). If Pakistan win against Australia and we beat WI, it will be down to the NRR between us and Australia. So India will not be out today itself but the situation will become very bleak.

We will be better served if we have a reduced game today. We absolutely need those 2 points against Australia.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
hay India are ranked higher then the Aussies and if we can beat them then I am sure we can beat the Aussies

Seeing the way Pakistan played against us few days back, I back them to do well and possibly beat the Aussies. Especially with Afridi and Ajmal bowling so well. Maybe I will support Pakistan heavily on that day if the game is washed out today..:help;)

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Seeing the way Pakistan played against us few days back, I back them to do well and possibly beat the Aussies. Especially with Afridi and Ajmal bowling so well. Maybe I will support Pakistan heavily on that day if the game is washed out today..:help;)

yeah but Pakistan will have to really beat the Aussies.. not just beat them but by a high margin

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
What happens to the NRR if the game is washed out today. Does it change, since the Aussies have batted their innings, or does it remain the same as it was before the game started?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
myteamsucks_large.gif

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
What happens to the NRR if the game is washed out today. Does it change, since the Aussies have batted their innings, or does it remain the same as it was before the game started?

It won`t change.

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
It's a good thing.
Which is your team,Australia?

deepuparayil added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Cricinfo:
If Australia's innings ends now, India's target in 42 overs is 263. If its reduced to 20 overs then 153.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Lee and MJ will rip open the Indian batting if play resumes. This game remind me of MJ debut game against India.

Users who are viewing this thread