A Dreamy Suggestion to Codemasters

euro

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have one dream from many years

i want a cricket game from codemasters which is developed by codemasters and published by codemasters,
as they done with BLC 99.

you pplz knows and accepts BLC 99 is the greatest cricket game of all time.
so why dont codemasters again make a game like that ???

cant they just do the graphical updates for next gen consoles. and the original game code remain same as it is in 99.

why are they offering the cricket projects to other companies like swordfish and now transmission games.

they have to on upgrading the BLC 99 engine for next gen consoles and off course PC.

thats the only way to make a perfect cricket game.

i saw the 2 gameplay videos of Ashes Cricket 09.

believe me guyz the game is look as same as BLC 2007 and BLC 2005
same engine and very jerky.

only graphics are awesome this time.

imagine the BLC 99 have graphics of ashes cricket 09.

wow

i hope my dream comes true one day

Erm, BLIC 2005 and 2007 were developed and published inhouse by Codemasters and look how well that worked out!

and the videos you have seen arent the best to go off... and they are apparently of an earlier build... and i cant see taking the code from a game that is 10 years old and just upgrading the graphics... i dont think thats how it works

He is right, thats exactly same thing i was thinking the other day while playing brian lara 99 on my psp.The game is awesome,It just needs some graphical updates and little improvement,even they can release it on PSN or Xbox live as classic with graphical upate, but i guess there is not that much of greater demand for cricket.But i dont think Ashes 2009 will be bad, if they can fix some Ai problems and little bit stuff it will be awesome.I am really happy that new cricket game is coming regardless how bad or how good it is atleast there is new cricket game or atleast some developer showed some interest in cricket.Thanks to codemaster for that

I love BL99 .They also knows that .Inspite it is a big hit it has itz own bugs like we can't play front foot , no wide ball will be given etc. They can't take 10 years before game code for now.

BLIC '99 is the best cricket game so far, but it did lack depth. In this day and age, there is no reason why gfx and gameplay can't be fantastic (and sound, too of course).

yea no game has really gotten the sound of ball hitting bat right since... it just sounds... fake. i wonder if they could make a physics engine that can produce sound which i cant see being possible. yet anyway. just since the sound is different depending on how hard the ball is hit etc. but we will see when we get a proper video or demo... or maybe have to wait to get the game

Nonsense. I could make you a long list highlighting the differences if you really want.

Haha. Well thats not entirely necessary, as I'm not all that passionate about my argument, I was pretty much just trying to add a new perspective to the discussion.

But really, apart from obvious things like crowd murmuring and stuff, I can't really see why BLIC99 is favourable. New things like animations, tweaked gameplay (like running between the wickets) and fielding, extra features, an update in commentary are all things that have improved the game, I don't agree that they're backward steps.

The gameplay is pretty much the same, just with a few mild updates. Nothing radical.

Feel free to prove me wrong though, it is a reasonably interesting topic after all.

BLC 99 is the best cricket game in existence right now. Put aside the graphics, the gameplay is far superior to arcady BLC 2005, 2007 or any of the EA Sports Cricket games.

Also Transmission Games did BLC Pressure Play on PSP and also some flight games on PS2. They have a bit of experience coming with them.

Users who are viewing this thread