A New Bat Invented That Doesn't Led Edges Carry To Slips

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Yeah I'm not comfortable with too much bat tinkering. If there's too much tinkering I think there should be a standard bat and you can just put you're own stickers on it.

Surprised something like this hasn't been designed before though, pretty clever.

I remember the wormwood bats that took away the edges off the top half. Seemed logical.

I always thought the mongoose might be useful, just bring it out whenever the spinners come on. They're never going to hit the top half of your bat.

PokerAce

Banned
Yeah I'm not comfortable with too much bat tinkering. If there's too much tinkering I think there should be a standard bat and you can just put you're own stickers on it.

Surprised something like this hasn't been designed before though, pretty clever.

I remember the wormwood bats that took away the edges off the top half. Seemed logical.

I always thought the mongoose might be useful, just bring it out whenever the spinners come on. They're never going to hit the top half of your bat.

If you read below the bat has been approved by the MCC. So yeah there could be some of these bats in use soon.

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I know I'm a bit late on this but I find it hilarious that the batsman can continue to tinker with bats whatever way they like. If cricket is really a fair game between bat and ball (which it definitely isn't anymore) throwing and ball tampering should be allowed as far as I'm concerned.

PokerAce

Banned
I know I'm a bit late on this but I find it hilarious that the batsman can continue to tinker with bats whatever way they like. If cricket is really a fair game between bat and ball (which it definitely isn't anymore) throwing and ball tampering should be allowed as far as I'm concerned.

To be fair I partially agree with you. Though I don't think that to allow chucking or letting the bowler rip the seam in the middle of a test match is the right way to tip balance it between batsmen and bowlers.

What I think would be an appropriate response for the bowlers would be something along the lines of say invent a ball that swings more or seams more, something to that effect. Or a ball that is heavier or lighter (whatever helps) to make the edges carry further.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Personally doubt this would do much good and would just be a bit of a gimmick but wouldn't mind seeing it used. Don't think there should be any limitations on bats other than those currently in place personally.

Users who are viewing this thread