Abdul Razzaq Dropped !

scorpion_rulezz

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Abdul Razzaq Dropped !

Pakistan suffered an early blow last evening, when Abdul Razzaq dropped out of the squad for personal reasons. "Hopefully, I will join the team later, because the condition of my aunt is quite precarious," said Razzaq. "I can't say at the moment when I'll be able to join the team."
However, Bob Woolmer, the coach, has warned his charges not to take the West Indies lightly. "It would be nice to cap the first year as coach with a win in the Caribbean, but we will not underestimate the West Indies and have to play at our best," he said. "Every series is a new series. What has happened in the past does not bother me. This team stands a good chance of winning if they play as they did in India."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Younis up for Captaincy challenge in The First Test

Younis Khan has said that he is ready for the challenge of leading Pakistan in the first Test against West Indies, which starts on May 26. With Inzamam-ul-Haq serving a one-match suspension, Younis will complete a remarkable turnaround just three months after being recalled for the Test series against India. Pakistan have now embarked on a 27-day tour of the Caribbean, which begins with a three-match one-day series, the first of those at St Vincent on May 18.

"For the past three weeks or so, I have been preparing as to how would I conduct myself when the time comes to lead the country in the opening Test," said Younis to Dawn newspaper prior to his departure. "Of course it is a great responsibility that I've to shoulder at the start of the series. The absence of Inzamam leaves a gaping hole in the middle order. But the rest of the team has got to lift itself to fill the void. I am sure if we play with the same spirit and dedication as we did in the final Test against India, there'll be lots of positives for us in store."

Inzamam was banned for showing dissent in the Bangalore Test against India, but Younis, who was appointed as vice-captain ahead of the Indian tour, has been in magnificent touch, scoring 508 runs in those three Tests at a staggering average of 101.60. Pakistan drew the Test series 1-1 and won the one-dayers 4-2.

"It will be unwise on our part because in cricket anything is possible. One can't take victory for granted in any sport, be it team or individual. One bad session could cost the team dear," said Younis, when asked about the prospect of a first-ever series win in the Caribbean. "West Indies may have been struggling for a long time in the Test arena, but that doesn't mean we will roll them over. Their batting is formidable, especially on their own pitches. We should not forget that virtually the same batting line-up chased a mammoth fourth-innings score not only to set a world record but defeat Australia of all teams [in 2003]."

http://content.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/209010.html

gold639

International Coach
Thats bad for Pakistan.

He's one of the influential players in the team.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
That's what I was thinking, but Mahmood is hardly the expected Test batsman. But then, neither is Razzaq.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Azhar Mahmood has some centuries to his credit in Test cricket and that too, against South Africa in South Africa. But his bowling is not good, its just average sometimes below average. He is more of a batsman!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Azhar Mahmood used to be a really good cricketer. He was one of the many all-rounders in the Pakistan team. As it happens, he was mis-handled by the management. The last time they brought him back to the team (sometime recently) he wasn't really able to prove himself. So now he is basically relegated to English county cricket.

scorpion_rulezz

Club Cricketer
the replacement haven't been confirmed yet as Razzaq stated that he will return but he also said that he also doesn't know that when he will return !

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
sohummisra said:
That's what I was thinking, but Mahmood is hardly the expected Test batsman. But then, neither is Razzaq.

Razzaq is a better batsman then Azhar. he can play really well and he has a good defence. Azhar is Fat (no offense) but he looks fater then before. and im pretty sure he'll be back. theres still 9 more days to go.

Last edited:

Aussies r tops

Club Cricketer
Well this isnt good news for Pakistan. Shame for Razzaq, because I feel he and Afridi are two of the most explosive, talented players in the world.

scorpion_rulezz

Club Cricketer
Aussies r tops said:
Well this isnt good news for Pakistan. Shame for Razzaq, because I feel he and Afridi are two of the most explosive, talented players in the world.
well good news for all razzaq fans out there that he is joining the team tommorow :happy

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
That's good. And Pak_cricketer, Azhar Mahmood has gotten fatter. :D It's because he didn't get selected enough. :p And Razzaq, just seems like he has mellowed down a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread