About some features of cricket 19

Bigby Saint

School Cricketer
So I have ashes cricket on ps4 for year now and I mostly play career mode in it. But some lack of features makes it so boring that it is not enjoyable anymore. So my question is -
  • Can you play World cup(50 overs) and t20 world cup in cricket 19 career mode? As it is not possible in ashes cricket. Which makes it kinda boring and pointless to represent your country in career mode.
  • Is there any cup lifting animation present in the game (career mode) after winning any tournament and post match ceremony? As it is not present in ashes cricket career mode.
  • How is the bowling in career mode of cricket 19? As it is very boring in ashes cricket career mode where wickets are very rare even in the easiest difficulty.
  • How is the fielding in this game, as in ashes sometimes ball just drop right beside a fielder and they don't show any intent to grab it or catch it where as opponent ai is always hyper active about taking catch.
I have read some reviews of cricket 19 and most people said it is a re skinned ashes cricket with very similar gameplay. So i want know whether this features are available in cricket 19 career mode or it is as same (lame) as ashes cricket?

Last edited:

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So I have ashes cricket on ps4 for year now and I mostly play career mode in it. But some lack of features makes it so boring that it is not enjoyable anymore. So my question is -
  • Can you play World cup(50 overs) and t20 world cup in cricket 19 career mode? As it is not possible in ashes cricket. Which makes it kinda boring and pointless to represent your country in career mode.
  • Is there any cup lifting animation present in the game (career mode) after winning any tournament and post match ceremony? As it is not present in ashes cricket career mode.
  • How is the bowling in career mode of cricket 19? As it is very boring in ashes cricket career mode where wickets are very rare even in the easiest difficulty.
  • How is the fielding in this game, as in ashes sometimes ball just drop right beside a fielder and they don't show any intent to grab it or catch it where as opponent ai is always hyper active about taking catch.
I have read some reviews of cricket 19 and most people said it is a re skinned ashes cricket with very similar gameplay. So i want know whether this features are available in cricket 19 career mode or it is as same (lame) as ashes cricket?

- Yes there's World Cup, both 50 and 20 Overs, in Career Mode. I am yet to get selected for it, but it shows up in the career selection status.

- Yes there's trophy lifting animation, I thought it was in AC already, if I remember. No post match presentation though.

- I have good amount of wickets in career mode as batting all-rounder, and that's on Veteran AI and Hard Bowling difficulty. Though there's a lot of inside edges, so life like bowling frustration.

- Throwing wise, the ball does loop if you don't get it in the green throwing zone. Otherwise there are direct hits. Keeper is flexible.

In the end it's far ahead of Ashes Cricket!

Bigby Saint

School Cricketer
- Yes there's World Cup, both 50 and 20 Overs, in Career Mode. I am yet to get selected for it, but it shows up in the career selection status.

- Yes there's trophy lifting animation, I thought it was in AC already, if I remember. No post match presentation though.

- I have good amount of wickets in career mode as batting all-rounder, and that's on Veteran AI and Hard Bowling difficulty. Though there's a lot of inside edges, so life like bowling frustration.

- Throwing wise, the ball does loop if you don't get it in the green throwing zone. Otherwise there are direct hits. Keeper is flexible.

In the end it's far ahead of Ashes Cricket!

Hey thanks for the reply.
  1. In ashes cricket there's World cup present in career mode but it always says Expecting Selection. And it stays that way and no world cup tournament takes place in the career mode.
  2. In ashes career mode the other day I won a t-20 tri series as India (India/Sri Lanka/Bangladesh) but there was no cup lifting animation thats why I'm asking.
  3. And one more question, Do your fielders (fielding ai) make effort to take a catch? As in ashes sometimes the ball drop right next to a fielder and the fielder keeps running parallel to it.

Reactions: DAP

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. In ashes cricket there's World cup present in career mode but it always says Expecting Selection. And it stays that way and no world cup tournament takes place in the career mode.
  2. In ashes career mode the other day I won a t-20 tri series as India (India/Sri Lanka/Bangladesh) but there was no cup lifting animation thats why I'm asking.
  3. And one more question, Do your fielders (fielding ai) make effort to take a catch? As in ashes sometimes the ball drop right next to a fielder and the fielder keeps running parallel to it.
1. I think I did see someone mention that it did work for them if they did star player career, however for rookie career I'll have to wait and see. I think your player's year plays a role for World Cup, as they happen either in 4 or 2 years only.

2. I think it's there, I saw one in an ODI series. Will check soon.

3. Yea they do make the effort, have seen one hand catches. Keeper dives well too.

Willoughby63

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
Mumbai Indians
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sydney Sixers
Profile Flag
England
There are Cup lifting animations in AC, just had one for the T20 Blast

zafar_sheikh

Club Captain
Both world cups takes place in every 4 years in career mode... I got selected and played T20 world cup in Ashes cricket career mode as a rookie

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
1. I think I did see someone mention that it did work for them if they did star player career, however for rookie career I'll have to wait and see. I think your player's year plays a role for World Cup, as they happen either in 4 or 2 years only.

2. I think it's there, I saw one in an ODI series. Will check soon.

3. Yea they do make the effort, have seen one hand catches. Keeper dives well too.
@Bigby Saint, I am still trying to get on No. 1, No. 2 is there for certain tournaments only and No. 3 is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread