Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I bought in PC version ,

The first shock was price , literally the genuine price ,
Performance of game i excellent , Keep remember you Vsync should be on

Now comes to game excellent graphics sometime and face of players
cut scene are so nice you keep on watching
AI is smart to the previous games , but still require more intelligence.
Batting is very nice .
AI Fielders are lazy

dontboycottme

School Cricketer
I love the game

First the bad. It’s got awful graphics on pc . I play at 4K max settings for all games and some graphics are jaw droppingly bad. I played at Blackburn. OMG. I’ve not seen graphics like these since the 80s. The backdrops are beyond belief they are so bad. The foreground graphics are just okay. It all about what you are used to.

Now the good and it’s the most important part. The gameplay is super. I’m on hard settings and ai and it’s a real challenge in career mode.

It’s not easy to get past the dreadful visuals but when you do there’s a great game in there. BA have clearly spent their money where it matters.

Well done.

Astronot_Yet

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
PC Version

On first look, the game looks gorgeous. The ball fortunately looks a bit heavy this time and not like something made of a feather like last few games.
But gameplay wise, I can't see any difference. I'm playing with classic controls in all the areas, is there something that is different at all?

Have only played about 15 overs yet, in a test match between India and West Indies.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
The game is really fun, which I suppose is the most important thing. There is a high degree of customization. I have only been playing at the medium difficulty, so I will reserve most of my judgment on how realistic the gameplay is until I play at higher difficulties. That being said, it's looking good so far.

Areas for improvement:
- I guess not much can be done about this, but the lack of licenses is a big turn off for me. As a non-English/non-Australian fan, this takes away from the immersion. I would love to see my country and its players represented.
- The animations are better than Ashes Cricket 17. There seem to be more batting and bowling animations, however it is still lacking in this area. It's very jerky and choppy, and just looks awkward, and doesn't flow naturally. This also takes away from the immersion as it doesn't look realistic.
- There are so few twos in the game, especially by the CPU. I can count on one hand how many twos the CPU has taken, even when they were so easy.
- More on the fielding issue. I use automated fielding, but even when I'm batting, the fielders show no urgency and intent to stop singles. Additionally, fielders on the boundary are often within touching distance of the ball but don't dive or just let the ball cross the boundary. There are also too many direct hits.
- The computer's bowling and fielding changes don't make a lot of sense. They will keep bowlers in the attack even when I am constantly hitting them for boundaries, and take out bowlers who have taken wickets or have kept the runs down. Moreover, even when I consistently hit the ball in the same direction, they don't move fielders to that side.
- The CPU's random and nonsensical switches between over and around the wicket are less frequent, but still prevalent.
- I take wickets, and frequently, but it just feels a little scripted to me. Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't feel like I am getting the batsmen out due to something I have done like surprising them with a bouncer/yorker, or bowling a bunch of inswingers and then suddenly bowling an outswinger. It feels like they would have gotten out at that point regardless of what/how I bowled.
- Not super important, I suppose, but the hair on the players is quite shocking, even at higher settings.
- Load times are WAY too long. This really needs to be looked at.
- Commentary is really dull, and often times doesn't even make sense. It would help if they tailored it to the player type. For example, currently, when a spinner comes into the attack, it just says something about "giving it an almighty tweak" regardless of who the bowler is. Perhaps in the future, lets say if Mitchell Santner comes into the attack, it looks at his economy rate/skills and says the bowler will look to contain/keep the runs down. Conversely, if someone like Kuldeep Yadav comes into the attack, look at his strike rate/economy/skills and say this is an attacking move designed to take wickets.

All this being said, there are really encouraging signs on the gameplay front, and as I said above, I hope and expect that the game will get even better as I turn up the difficulty level. I look forward to future iterations of this game and if Big Ant follows this trajectory, I think maybe in 10 or so years we might actually have a really good cricket game that could at least imitate, if not rival, the FIFA/MLB/NBA/etc games.

Last edited:

pratyaksh

School Cricketer
Besides all the pros and cons the best thing about big ant sports titles specially ashes and now cricket 19 is the freedom it lends to the users to customize the overall game particularly the PC platform with blobset tools from Wouldy and the Txpk creator. Academy features is exclusive and keeps me immersed in the game for latest creations and mods. I mean look at FIFA titles with its dropping standards year by year in terms of customizations and modding.

Bottomline: Thank you BigAnt for letting us play the game as we like.

rohitsharma_MI

School Cricketer
Downloaded my steam version two days back, but unfortunately, I was not able to play because of the power cut. Finally started playing today and I have noticed some so far:

1. First of all, I don't like the shot sounds, especially when we hit a six with sweet timing or playing other shots. I felt like I am hitting a hard tennis ball.
2. Commentators are sleepy. If they started to do something, it is repetitive.
3. Players walk through the body of umpire or through the stumps.
4. Daylight matches are not looks good because of the bad lighting.
5. Replay animations are not up to the mark especially the ball hitting one.
6. The graphics are awesome and the cut scenes are brilliant. They can also add sweating player face/jersey and dirt/grass color when they dive.

and anyone please try these camera settings:

Bowling Camera: Broadcast 1
Fielding Camera: Fielding 1
Batting Camera: Broadcast 1
Running Camera: Broadcast 3

Looks very good to me.

zerosun9

Club Cricketer
I love the game

First the bad. It’s got awful graphics on pc . I play at 4K max settings for all games and some graphics are jaw droppingly bad. I played at Blackburn. OMG. I’ve not seen graphics like these since the 80s. The backdrops are beyond belief they are so bad. The foreground graphics are just okay. It all about what you are used to.

Now the good and it’s the most important part. The gameplay is super. I’m on hard settings and ai and it’s a real challenge in career mode.

It’s not easy to get past the dreadful visuals but when you do there’s a great game in there. BA have clearly spent their money where it matters.

Well done.

I feel like the graphics are very decent, especially for a cricket game. Yes, the backdrops are scenes outside the stadium are extremely bad, but most stadiums and grass/pitch/players look good. Player body sizes are on the piss though. Huge heads and tiny legs.

hiyagasriiniyavan

Club Captain
for me also server problem any solution? i tried every thing no use, bigant say any solution for this?
today i buy another steam cricket 19 with new email id but same problem occur, big ant reply for solution or please refund the amount, , if you dont care of the cricket fans and customers, double time i spend my money

zerosun9

Club Cricketer
- AI hits the stumps WAY too often.
- Loading times are incredibly long even on a fast PC. That needs looking at.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
- AI hits the stumps WAY too often.
- Loading times are incredibly long even on a fast PC. That needs looking at.
What's your AI Difficulty? Also, have you checked out sliders?

DevilzTutor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I'm not getting any reviews / DRS asks in a loaded ODI? Is this a bug or normal

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
After playing almost a week:

Please find my High level review of this game: @MattW @BigAntStudios Kudos :clap:clap:thumbs

Pros:

• This Game is an absolute Gem, I have been playing all version since DBC 14 and after DBC14 this game is almost to be a perfect one.
  • Most of the drawbacks covered from Ashes 2019.
  • Different pitch and weather conditions, also can find clear difference between playing the match in England vs playing it in Colombo.
  • Nice to see some new shots played by AI especially on Backfoot, not sure if as a custom player i can play it ,tried but could almost saw most of the shots are same as Ashes 19.
  • Match experience is excellent,each match is different and I felt it is not routine or scripted till now.
  • Vast imporvement with respect to field placing or option of AI selecting Custom created fields (which i had requested a lot about)
  • Economy rate is add for a bowler when ever he comes out to bowl during the match, which was missing earlier.
  • Trophy celebration after each bilateral series which we saw last time in DBC14.
  • Batting is challenging with balance of patience and skill.

Cons or To be Fixed:

• AI still selects only 1-2 among the available fields.
  • Running between the wickets to be improved , especially in T20s risky singles should be taken.
  • Tour matches can be added in career mode while touring the countries especially like England or Australia.
  • The bug which is raised about only power play fields are selected after 10 overs in ODI should be fixed.
  • When you are the Non Striker , if we want to look around using L2 then the umpire is stopping the bowler from bowling. Which should not be the case , as a Non Striker I am allowed to look where ever I want :)
  • One more run is restricted after bowl hitting the wickets during a run , in real cricket batsman are allowed to take runs even though ball hits the stumps.
  • Edges to keeper cant while in spin are bit unrealastic.

Features to be added or improved for next edition:

• Contract Management especially like in IPL, County to make move of players between Teams.
  • Injury of a player during matches if it hits on head etc.
  • Misfields can added like partially hitting the hand or legs and ball getting diverted.
  • Removing Sliders completely from the game.
  • Game should only work on physics of attributes from player skill, egding the bat should be based on the point of contact , distance of ball travelled should be purely based on bolwers pace & batsman strength with outfields into consideration.
  • Game should be driven 100% based on Players skill only and the nature of the ground. (as per ideal world)
  • Remove Difficulty levels, your difficulty levels will decide based on player skill.
  • Example: If you are playing a Club match (an average of players level will be around 50-60) so difficulty automatically will be easy , County match (an average of players skill level will be around 70) so difficulty automatically will be medium, IPL match (an average of players skill level will be around 70 - 80) so difficulty automatically will be Hard and finally International Cricket match (an average of players skill level will be around 80-100) so difficulty automatically will be Hardest or Legend.
  • Even in International match based on players skills team strength should be defined. Ex: Bangaldesh will average less than India or Australia because they all have 70 - 80 skill level players compared with 90+ skilled players.
  • Bottom line is players skill should be the driver of the game and sliders should be eliminated completely or an option to switchoff.
  • An option to configure each ground with the nature of the ground, pitch , outfields etc like WACA seamer friendly, Mumbai Spin friendly.

I am really enjoying the game so far :cheers

Ollie Birch

School Cricketer
After playing almost a week:

Please find my High level review of this game: @MattW @BigAntStudios Kudos :clap:clap:thumbs

Pros:

• This Game is an absolute Gem, I have been playing all version since DBC 14 and after DBC14 this game is almost to be a perfect one.
  • Most of the drawbacks covered from Ashes 2019.
  • Different pitch and weather conditions, also can find clear difference between playing the match in England vs playing it in Colombo.
  • Nice to see some new shots played by AI especially on Backfoot, not sure if as a custom player i can play it ,tried but could almost saw most of the shots are same as Ashes 19.
  • Match experience is excellent,each match is different and I felt it is not routine or scripted till now.
  • Vast imporvement with respect to field placing or option of AI selecting Custom created fields (which i had requested a lot about)
  • Economy rate is add for a bowler when ever he comes out to bowl during the match, which was missing earlier.
  • Trophy celebration after each bilateral series which we saw last time in DBC14.
  • Batting is challenging with balance of patience and skill.

Cons or To be Fixed:

• AI still selects only 1-2 among the available fields.
  • Running between the wickets to be improved , especially in T20s risky singles should be taken.
  • Tour matches can be added in career mode while touring the countries especially like England or Australia.
  • The bug which is raised about only power play fields are selected after 10 overs in ODI should be fixed.
  • When you are the Non Striker , if we want to look around using L2 then the umpire is stopping the bowler from bowling. Which should not be the case , as a Non Striker I am allowed to look where ever I want :)
  • One more run is restricted after bowl hitting the wickets during a run , in real cricket batsman are allowed to take runs even though ball hits the stumps.
  • Edges to keeper cant while in spin are bit unrealastic.

Features to be added or improved for next edition:

• Contract Management especially like in IPL, County to make move of players between Teams.
  • Injury of a player during matches if it hits on head etc.
  • Misfields can added like partially hitting the hand or legs and ball getting diverted.
  • Removing Sliders completely from the game.
  • Game should only work on physics of attributes from player skill, egding the bat should be based on the point of contact , distance of ball travelled should be purely based on bolwers pace & batsman strength with outfields into consideration.
  • Game should be driven 100% based on Players skill only and the nature of the ground. (as per ideal world)
  • Remove Difficulty levels, your difficulty levels will decide based on player skill.
  • Example: If you are playing a Club match (an average of players level will be around 50-60) so difficulty automatically will be easy , County match (an average of players skill level will be around 70) so difficulty automatically will be medium, IPL match (an average of players skill level will be around 70 - 80) so difficulty automatically will be Hard and finally International Cricket match (an average of players skill level will be around 80-100) so difficulty automatically will be Hardest or Legend.
  • Even in International match based on players skills team strength should be defined. Ex: Bangaldesh will average less than India or Australia because they all have 70 - 80 skill level players compared with 90+ skilled players.
  • Bottom line is players skill should be the driver of the game and sliders should be eliminated completely or an option to switchoff.
  • An option to configure each ground with the nature of the ground, pitch , outfields etc like WACA seamer friendly, Mumbai Spin friendly.

I am really enjoying the game so far :cheers[

-Literally all I could have thought, but the players heads are too big!

hiyagasriiniyavan

Club Captain
lofted six shot in midwicket and long on batting graphics not look like real shot,just glance go to six very much long,

Users who are viewing this thread