DBC 17 Batting

break1n

School Cricketer
Never played this series before but in my 3rd attempt at a career mode averaging mid-high 20s and I just cannot figure out how to play attacking at all. It feels like every innings is just me pushing the ball to a fielder and trying to sneak 1 or 2 and scoring 30-40 in 30-40 balls with maybe 1-2 boundaries. I would say if I play an aggressive shot there is a 50-60% chance I just loop it to the infield.

Is there a particular way to play an aggressive shot? It feels like the timing compared to a normal shot just doesn't work at all, and whenever I do nail one for a 6 it feels like I was way too early on the ball. Also when I play down the wicket to the spinners in the nets I cream it everywhere, but when it comes to outside the ball is almost always chipped in the air to cover when I'm not even using LB?

Also with aggressive cuts/hooks my batsman just seems to widely swipe and move his feet entirely randomly as though he isn't aware the ball is even being bowled. Again, is this a difference in timing for aggressive shots? I really don't see why there should be a seperate timing window for LB shots

chaman82

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Batting observations.Pro cam .no HUD . hardest diff. PC play.

Improvement in cover area shots.
Improvement in ai Fielding , now no easy singles and doubles.
Now the head is still while batting in pro cam.
Gr8 work.

....Blackfoot play needs a little more work.

When one can play helmet height balls on front foot , then good to full length balls should b allowed to play on Back foot.

And the animation are not up to the mark for Blackfoot play.

....Cant sweep the balls bowled Outside off stump.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Gr8 work.

When one can play helmet height balls on front foot , then good to full length balls should b allowed to play on Back foot.

What about late cutting spinners? Does the wkt keeper still make those magical acrobatic catches? Have read contradictory reports about it so far.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
What about late cutting spinners? Does the wkt keeper still make those magical acrobatic catches? Have read contradictory reports about it so far.
Thats there had two yesterday one WK biggg dive and catch and another one the 2nd slip who dived behind is position to take a catch [got some skills]...I have scored late cutting too but I feel once the fielding part of tweaking is done those should get sorted out..There's definite ability of get it right though mainly because there are moments where is drop catch feels like one as it hits the hands and keeps traveling...Right things in right place with the right sense and it would be incredible..

Hate the AI placing slip always second one who is much wider than 1st and the short point/so called 8th slip off spinner which should be removed..

D

Dutch

Never played this series before but in my 3rd attempt at a career mode averaging mid-high 20s and I just cannot figure out how to play attacking at all. It feels like every innings is just me pushing the ball to a fielder and trying to sneak 1 or 2 and scoring 30-40 in 30-40 balls with maybe 1-2 boundaries. I would say if I play an aggressive shot there is a 50-60% chance I just loop it to the infield.

Is there a particular way to play an aggressive shot? It feels like the timing compared to a normal shot just doesn't work at all, and whenever I do nail one for a 6 it feels like I was way too early on the ball. Also when I play down the wicket to the spinners in the nets I cream it everywhere, but when it comes to outside the ball is almost always chipped in the air to cover when I'm not even using LB?

Also with aggressive cuts/hooks my batsman just seems to widely swipe and move his feet entirely randomly as though he isn't aware the ball is even being bowled. Again, is this a difference in timing for aggressive shots? I really don't see why there should be a seperate timing window for LB shots
I am into season 5 of my career player and can now score quite freely: you have to build up the skills. Once you have that it is easier: I didnt spread my xp or whatever it is; just chucked it on one or two attributes and saw marked differences

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I am into season 5 of my career player and can now score quite freely: you have to build up the skills. Once you have that it is easier: I didnt spread my xp or whatever it is; just chucked it on one or two attributes and saw marked differences
Yeah the difference and the growth when the skills increase is visible really well.You feel that the player is improving and assigning skills is something that has to be done effectively based on the approach you have in the game..The depth in such things is just amazing..

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa

Gr8 work.

Is this on PC , or have you somehow gotten hold of the Patch before us on Console ?

samjewels

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Haven't tried batting yet post patch 3 but I'm hearing scary things!?! Tell me its playable!?!
(Ps4)

It's harder sure, but by no means unplayable, just can't swing across the line like I did in the previous patch. It'll take some time to get used to, but isn't anywhere near unplayable. If anything its better because you can now hit through cover/point

rajarajan

School Cricketer
How to select foot movement manually? Most of the good length balls were played in Backfoot which leads to miss connecting the ball, Is there a way to change the settings ?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
How to select foot movement manually? Most of the good length balls were played in Backfoot which leads to miss connecting the ball, Is there a way to change the settings ?
left stick is foot movement, forward = front foot shot, backwards = backfoot shot...

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
With batting what I do is block the green balls, play on the front foot to blue and yellow balls and play off the back foot to red balls unless they're wide of off stump. It makes for realistic batting in the longer formats but I've found I've been caught behind a lot playing forward to the green deliveries.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
With batting what I do is block the green balls, play on the front foot to blue and yellow balls and play off the back foot to red balls unless they're wide of off stump. It makes for realistic batting in the longer formats but I've found I've been caught behind a lot playing forward to the green deliveries.
ALso depends alot on pitch condition, hard pitches you can get away with playing backfoot to green balls :)

Users who are viewing this thread