Abstract art tutorial

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is my first tutorial, in something which i only started about a week ago.

The is an abstract tutorial. I don't know if you guys like abstract stuff but i'll just give it a go. Please let me know if you like

abstracts.

Step 1:
Create a new file in Photoshop (File>New) with any size that you want, make sure it is a perfect square. If you want to make it a wallpaper

or something like that, then make it 1024x1024 and then cut it up. Make sure your background is white.

Step 2:
Select the gradient tool from the toolbox (or press g). Make sure it is a linear gradient, the gradient picker is set to Foreground to Background. and the blend mode is set to Difference. Press D on the keyboard to reset the pallette colours to black foreground and white background.

If u want to experiment, try diff gradients(linear/radial etc).Mix and match them to create an even greater effect.

Step 3:
Go wild. Keep drawing gradients on the image about 20 to 30 times..

13ne.jpg

Step 4:
Duplicate your layer by going to Layer>New>Layer via copy or by pressing Ctrl+J. Rename the newly created layer "wave".

Step 5:
Click and select the original layer (not wave) and go to Filter>Distort>Twirl. Give it a twirl of about 340 or so.

Step 6:
The Click and select the "wave" layer and go to Filter>Distort>Wave and use the settings given below. You can try your own but these worked for me. Click Randomise a few times till you find it desirable. then click ok.

abstract25hb1hm.jpg

Step 7:
Set the blend mode in the layers pallette for the 'wave' layer to "lighten" and then merge the two layers together by Pressing Ctrl+E or by

going to layers>Merge down.

Step 8:
Duplicate the layer and go to Edit>Transform>Flip Horizontal. Change the blending mode of the new layer to Lighten.

u will get something like this

2copy8vl.jpg

Step 9:
Then hit ctrl+U or Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation to bring up the hue/saturation box. Select colourise and then play around with the colour

settings. I used:
Hue: 0
Saturation: 25
Lightness: 0

These are hardly guidelines.

Step 10:
Now select the other layer and go to the Hue saturation menu again.
Select colourise and change the settings again. I used:
Hue: 220
saturation: 25
Lightness: 0

These are hardly guidelines.

this is what I got

3copy5mh.jpg

The nxt two steps are optional:

Step 11:
goto image>adjustment>colour balance.then play with these sliders too.

Do the same for the other layer.

Step 12:

Merge the two layers together by pressing Ctrl+E and that's it. The end result is totally random but here's mine:

4copy0if.jpg

This is another on I made

wallpaper2zv.jpg

Now don't have drab wallpapers on your desktop!:D

usy

Chairman of Selectors
nice tutorial, I can add it to PG if you want?

usy

Chairman of Selectors
ofcorse, man I would give the credits.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Karachi Express said:
Great tutorial Leo!
Thanks. :happy

I am actually trying to personalise it.However, its proving to be difficult.

I was only able to go this far.A haunting words "LEO" in the chaoes.

wall22hp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread