AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

yeah the patch is really impressive. I seem to suddenly suck though lol played my first 50 overs ODI, bowled first and England got to 385/6!! Prior was unstoppable, hit an unbeaten 110 off like 77 balls. Whats worse is that I bowled him off a no-ball when he was on 2 :(

But yeah, not a single runout yet, its fantastic! But getting wickets seem pretty hard for some reason, I play on hard and I played the demo - only got the game today so i never played the game unpatched.

Overall very impressed, already created myself and put me in the SA ODI squad, now there's two de Villiers guys in the team hehe kinda confusing.

Just a question....when i extracted the patch and it said "updated successfully" I went to check in the Ashes Cricket 2009 folder but the .exe file still seems to be the old one. How does the patch work? Didnt it replace the exe? Im a bit confused, Im scared Ive been playing the game without the patch all along and didnt notice lol

Can anyone post a video of edges flying etc? I would really appreciate it since I have an Xbox 360.
I dont know why it always gets me excited. I guess I have to reset all of the teams that I modified originally to get realistic scores.

I guess you are right but it is soooo ennoying when you know you have bought the game and spent money on it but still cannot take advantages of it because you are counted in a list of those using pirated copies. First a game is released which is just a little close to what the developers mentioned in the forum and then a patch is released and that too only those people can use who got a copy of that game on a cd. Not fair.

I have a legit download too, so I understand your frustration. It's not that we have been lumped together with pirates. I think the main issue is the use of different copy protection schemes. Transmission only has control over the normal CD copy protection, whereas Codies and the respective vendors take care of the others. (I believe gamesplanet uses Tages)
I am already frothing at the mouth in anticipation of the patch, so I will probably be bouncing off the walls by the time it actually gets here.

This open beta uses a separate USER.DAT and USRSTAT.DAT. If I replace those two with the real names patch and unloked stadium & kits patch, will it affect the fixes brought upon by the beta patch?
Or is it simply the fact that the beta patch does'nt depend on those two anyway?

i love the new version of the game, the way batsman play there shots, the way fielders catch and field the ball, edges flying to diving one handers, its great

but turn the graphics down and crank the run rates up; the game is still to easy. every single one of my poorly timed lofted shots went for four, and its still to easy to find gaps. in my first go at the new version i scored 200 in a t20, with no difficulty at all. turn the graphics down and try 4 urself!

Now this video is cr@p but I just wanted to see whether I could do the whole process properly.

It does show how far the edges travel now, which is cool!:)

YouTube - Movie

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I would fix, is when the catcher takes a catch, when he throws the ball up in the air, the camera should follow the catcher, not the ball all the way up in the air.

Get me?

thought so

i got fraps but it still doesnt work!!

is this because micro movie maker refused to install?

My 2 cents worth

Love the new patch!

Only 1 thing that has been said over and over again is that it seems that fours and sixes are way easier to hit.

If you take your chances and go for the big shots, 8/10 times you can hit a boundary.

If that is addressed in the final patch this would be the best cricket game yet!!!

Optimistically hoping..........

Now I remember I few people mentioning this so it is potentialy a bummer: the game freezes randomly. Has happened twice to me now.I have never had that offline before!:(

i am on xbox so havent played the patch....but can you guys clear one thing for me...
Is it easier to hit 4 and 6 than before the patch or is it the same as before..i hope you understand what i am saying.

Users who are viewing this thread