AC09 Patch open beta 1 released - download it here

i am on xbox so havent played the patch....but can you guys clear one thing for me...
Is it easier to hit 4 and 6 than before the patch or is it the same as before..i hope you understand what i am saying.

I would say it is easier.... Mistimed shots will more often go to the boundary than before, the ball seems to travel further in the air.

3 things can happen when playing an agressive lofted shot

1. You get out (if you are very unlucky, happens about 2/10 times)
2. You miss the ball (only if your timing is waaayyyy off, about 1/10 times for
me)

3. You hit a 4 or a 6 (Happens mostly, 7-8/10 times)

I played a couple of tests and oneday matches last night, no t20's and that is what i found. :)

Last edited:
Thanks keeperventer....well i am sure they will fix this problem as every one seems to have it. cant wait to play with the patch.

has the power of advance shots reduced and is the fast bowlers now easier to play?

also will it allow chance of creating a tournament earlier when the real patch comes?

Had only limited time yesterday to play. Started Ashes with England, 20 Overs completed and Aus were 65/1.

Highlights:

-AI doesn't take single which they should have.
-No more Mad Slogging by AI.
-Play and miss, First ball of the game. Bowled wide of offstump and watson went over it and missed the ball.
-Beat the bat of watson with an outswinger when he tried to defend off the backfoot.
-Watson Edged to the Second slip, but didn expected the catch, so dropped.
-Katich Edges of a forward defensive shot to Keeper, Once again dropped.
-Next ball, bowled an in-swinger to katich, he got out bowled hitting top of off stump. In the pre-patch version, the ball would have gone over the stump or went for four.
-No more Suicidal run-outs, There is chance for runout when they go for third run.
-AI treats spinner with respect, but it spins a lot ( wonder whether we can fix it with adjusting the player ratings).

I don expect the cricket game to be perfect as real life. I'm more than happy with this patch and getting worth on the money spent. Waiting for the PS3 patch eagerly.

The Patch is a real treat. Kudos to Transmission for their wonderful work.

I just have to say one thing guys, we should only want bugs, timing of lofted shots are harder to hit 4 or 6, no balls, online problems plus other small problems. Dont ask for new features like, catches on second go and stats. we can have that stuff in the next game. More you ask for the longer the final patch will take guys. Anyway enjoy what us aus have made for the rest of the cricket world. PS the edges look great, cant wait to play it on ps3 next month. Later dudes.

had Ponting caught at short leg for 8 off Panesar earlier, I did a lap of honour round the house HUGE wicket lol

then then had clarke dropped off the keeper for 0 off Panesar again and now he's on 20 odd (D'oh!)

At last dont think ive heard any1 get a catch like you had at short leg. a few a silly point or bat pad would be the nuts

Can you still clean bowl them by bowling left arm round, or right arm over and use an incutter or swinger and they play the cut shot to the full ball.

However this patch is sounding great and so realistic, however the easy boundries and huge spin is a little BLIC07esque which is a worry

Couple of things; a fielder returned it from long off back to Haddin, bounced right next to him, Haddin just stood there and didn't do anything, conceeded two runs.

Also, my field settings keep changing. It seems that they keep changing when I switch between a spinner and a seamer, I realise that spin and seam have different settings, but I expect them to remain the same rather than, say, if a seamer was using Defensive 5, the spinner then uses Defensive 5. Also, they always seem to default to Attack 1 whenever you change the bowling. I'm probably completely wrong, but I'm not a fan of that, it should remain the same as the previous seamer if you've brought in a seamer, or if you're replacing a spinner with a seamer, the seamer should use the last seamer's field settings.

EDIT: Looking at it now, it appears to be random. I made a double bowling change, bringing Johnson in for Hauritz and White in for Siddle. Johnson had Attacking Pace 1 set to him, White had Attacking Leg Spin 13, Johnson then had Attacking Pace 5, and then White had Balanced Leg Spin 15. Any chance of rectifying this? They were all the same batsman, Wright and Flintoff.

http://i34.tinypic.com/11mgtu1.jpg

Haha, reverse inswinging yorker not given out LBW. Nice one, Monty Panesar's cousin.

Also, free hits in ODIs. Nao.

Last edited:
Game Hangs on Startup Screen

hi i have applied the patch after fresh install and the game hangs on startup screen??is that due to wrong version?if so then what is the solution?and for the patch makers we all are friends here and u also need to accommodate the personal with wrong versions too? and when is the Final & Full version of patch is going to be released?

All this feeback in my opinion sounds superb, eagerly awaitng for the xbox 360 patch any news on thiss with maybe the possibilitie that it come out bit earlier or just a date on the release of the patch woud be nice??

hi i have applied the patch after fresh install and the game hangs on startup screen??is that due to wrong version?if so then what is the solution?and for the patch makers we all are friends here and u also need to accommodate the personal with wrong versions too? and when is the Final & Full version of patch is going to be released?

As far as i know there is only one version. Are you running the game with the disk in the dvd rom?

Mine had the same problem as i used a "no cd patch" - too lazy to insert the disk every time - When i tracked down the legal original disk it worked like a charm!!

no i have copied the crack from cd which is actually an iso file downloaded from some forum and mounted it using Dameon tools but it says error wrong dvd inserted before copying crack folder from iso rom but after copying crack it runs bu helds on startup screen . but if u apply crack with apllying the patch it runs fine?is there any solution of this problem?

The patch has fixed a lot but there is one big bug I notice (it happened twice). When doing the legends coaching I was doing the bowling ones and under the drift one where you have to get a stumping the game freezes right in the middle of the delivery.

no i have copied the crack from cd which is actually an iso file downloaded from some forum and mounted it using Dameon tools but it says error wrong dvd inserted before copying crack folder from iso rom but after copying crack it runs bu helds on startup screen . but if u apply crack with apllying the patch it runs fine?is there any solution of this problem?

*ROLLS EYES*

There is only one solution: GET THE ORIGINAL LEGAL DISK

As far as i know downloading iso's etc. from "some forum" is not quite legal..... not anywhere as far as i know? :noway

Users who are viewing this thread