Academy compatibility between iterations

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have been wondering if existing creations in the DBC14 academy will be compatible in any way to be shared with the next iteration's academy/fan hub etc.?

I suspect the answer will be no since looking at DBC to RLL3 there's obviously quite a graphical upgrade.

However, I wonder if the answer is indeed no whether Big Ant can look at the possibility of some sort of transfer. As someone who spent a lot of time making some fairly obscure teams for DBC14 and who really enjoys playing with them, I really don't have the time or inclination to make them all again.

Just wondering really...

I really dont want to create the Biggton Gamecocks all over again, that team is pure balance and perfection... annnnnd that's as narcissistic as it gets and I'm totally okay with that.

Ideally, should be included on the game disc for everyone to enjoy. Downside: downloading them or Matts team currently breaks your game. True story.

But yeah, some form of backwards compatibility would be incredible but I have no idea how that would work and visually, might be a minefield.

I dont think it will be possible to access the same academy with different iterations of the game. It may be possible if Big Ant has a server back up, when it is not, then it would be highly impossible. (I myself wanted to access the kits and uniforms created from PC from my PS3 :D)

Even with a server it may not allow to access the academy from different platforms. @Ross or anyone from @BigAntStudios will be able to address this.

This is something I have been thinking about recently, I made quite a few comedy teams as well as my club side, and wouldn't particularly want to have to do it again, if big ant release the academy beta for DB16 like they did previously, it would be nice to carry them over and update them with any new graphical or equipment improvements,

Users who are viewing this thread