Adelaide Crows in rebuilding stage

Roofrom50

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
stickerbumperaflcrows.jpg

New coach in the helm
The Adelaide Crows have come out and announced that club life long supporter and media journalist, Hayden Sumner will take the helm as the head coach of the Adelaide Football Club. Neil Craig has stepped down after the 2010 season which saw the Crows side miss the finals for the first time since Craig took over in 2004 from Gary Ayres. The board said it was the right decision for the club, as Craig has agreed to take back his original place as fitness guru as he was back in the day when the Crows went back to back premiers in 97 and 98.
No hard loss from Craig and the club, and say's it was the right decision.

Trade Week
Adelaide was active in the 2010 trade week this year after being pretty quiet in recent years. Richard Tambling, a former round 1 draft pick for Richmond heads his way to West lakes, and is looking for a new oppourtunity as a Football player. Tambling hasn't been able establish himself as the player that he could be at Richmond, but is now looking to establish himself as one of the premier midfielders in the competition.
Sam Jacobs, the 4th ruckmen at the Blues also heads to West Lakes over the pre season. Jacobs is a exciting prospect, who never had opportunity at the Navy Blues behind Warnock, Hampson and Kruezer. Adelaide with their low ruck stocks will be glad they picked up a young and upcomer of a ruckman.

crowtambling246a.jpg
samjacobs.jpg

Crows new recruits, Richard Tambling and Sam Jacobs are ready for a big season

Roofrom50

International Coach

Adelaide Crows 2011 Team List

38. Tony Armstrong
8. Myke Cook
30. James Craig
32. Patrick Dangerfield
16. Phil Davis
11. Michael Doughty
26. Richard Douglas
6. Jack Gunston
45. Ricky Henderson
24. Sam Jacobs
10. Matthew Jaensch
18. Graham Johncock
21. Chris Knights
31. Jarryd Lyons
14. David Mackay
20. Ivan Maric
36. Brodie Martin
35. Shaun McKernan
2. Brad Moran
22. Andy Otten
23. Jarred Petrenko
40. Jason Porplyzia
3. Brent Reilly
43. Aiden Reily
25. Ben Rutten
46. Chris Schmidt
29. James Sellar
34. Sam Shaw
9. Rory Sloane
33. Brodie Smith
27. Scott Stevens
15. Brad Symes
12. Daniel Talia
1. Richard Tambling
28. Luke Thompson
5. Scott Thompson
4. Kurt Tippett
7. Nathan Van Berlo (C)
17. Bernie Vince
13. Taylor Walker
47. Matthew Wright
39. Will Young

ROOKIES

37. Ian Callinan
41. Sam Martyn
48. Timothy Milera
42. Lachlan Roach
44. Jake Van Bertouch​

Roofrom50

International Coach

NAB Cup Competition Round 1
Geelong vs Adelaide @ MCG

preseasonmatchpreviewvg.jpg

Geelong and the Adelaide Crows will do battle in the NAB cup competition at the start of the 2011 season. Things have been pretty even between these 2 sides over the years. 29 times they have played each other, with the Cats just on top winning 15 to the Crows 14, no draws have been played by the both teams, so if this is going to be anything like the previous records, this match should be a close finish. Even though this is the NAB cup competition, it is a great way to get some match experience into the young kids who you are looking to play throughout the season and see how they perform. It is also a good way to get some game time into a older player to gain some fitness for the big season coming up.
Geelong have been the premier team over the last couple of years, with their 2 premierships, but with the loss of Gary Ablett at the end of last season, will that be a big blow, or do the Cats have enough players to cover the little champ. Adelaide also have lost so much experience at the end of last season. Simon Goodwin, Tyson Edwards, Andrew McLeod and Brett Burton all retired at the end of the season which leaves the Crows over 1000 games less of experience, but it is a great opportunity for all the young players to make a name for themselves.

lineupsn.jpg

Let's go to the teams and have a look at just who is playing for both sides, this afternoon. First for the home side Geelong. Jordan Schroder will make his debut for the club, and has been put into the centre to start the match. Schroder a midfielder standing at 182cm and weighing in at 85kg from the Calder Cannons will be looking to having a great start to his AFL Career.
Also making his debut for the Cats is George Horlin-Smith. Smith is a Adelaide born a bred but made his way to the Cattery in the 2010 off season. Smith has been named on the back pocket for the Cats and will be interesting to see how the 18 year old will go against the big boys. But with just the 2 players making their debuts for the Cats, this Cat side is still a dominant force with the blokes like, Chapman, Bartel, Selwood, Johnson and Scarlett. What kind of hole will Gary Ablett leave in the Geelong midfield, i guess only time will tell.

Now onto the Adelaide side. Sam Martyn will make his debut. Martyn is on the Adelaide rookie list this year, so unless a big injury happens, Martyn will hope to play his heart out in these few games he'll get to play. Richard Tambling the ex Tiger has been named on the half forward flank for the Crows. Tambling will be looking to make his name as a Crow after a struggling 6 years at Tigerland. Young Brodie Smith, Adelaide's first pick in the 2010 draft has been named on the wing for the Crows. Smith, a very skinny kid has great leg speed around the ground and his foot skills are better then none.
Daniel Talia will also make his debut game, starting in the back pocket. Talia the big 196cm defender is looking to make a spot for himself with the departure of Nathan Bock.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good to see you back in the stories section, Roo. All the best for this one, I'll be following it. :)

Roofrom50

International Coach

Geelong just scraps in against determined Adelaide- NAB Cup​

GEELONG has recorded it first minor victory of the 2011 season with it?s round 1 NAB cup competition win over the Adelaide Crows who made a third-quarter comeback with Geelong running out 6 point winners at Skilled Stadium
The Cats held in front for most of the match, held a 3 goal lead at quarter time and stretched their lead out to 27 points at half time. But the Crows regained the momentum in the third term and cut the margin back to 9 points at the final change.

But in the last, Geelong just had enough answers to come away with the win against the Adelaide side who had lost over 1000 games experience at the end of last season with their retiereers.

The Cats rebounded in the last to challenge this Crows determination at the ball carrier, and influential players, James Posiadly Jimmy Bartel and Josh Hunt had too much experience for this Crows outfit and put on their cool heads and ran away with the win.

Josh Hunt (41 possesions, 8 rebound 50?s), Jimmy Bartel (30 possesions, 9 clearences) and James Posiadly (4.1 and 10 marks, 5 inside 50) helped orchestrate the win for the Cats.

The Crows even though the loss, will be happy with their first hitout of the season against one of the benchmark teams in the competition. Adelaide proved they could match it with the best and players like Scott Thompson (39 possesions, 8 clearences, 6 tackles) Captain, Nathan Van Berlo (38 possesions, 9 tackles) were amongst the best for the Crows.

Influential players
Josh Hunt was superb for the Cats off the half back line. His toughness on the ball and his pressure of the ball carrier was second to none. Adelaide had no answers for the oppositions team?s premier play maker. Hunt cleared the ball from the defensive 50 8 times, and his damaging left boot hit the target at 83% of the time, great accuracy and the Cats would love him to have a stellar season ahead if they are going to be a genuine premership contender.
Scott Thompson was Adelaide?s leading possession getting (39) but certainly wasn?t as damaging as the midfielder could be. He needs to work on his efficientcy by foot as that let him down today, but you still can?t argue with the toughness of this man and his ability to win the hard footy and to get his team moving forward from the clearences.

What it means:
Geelong now goes on through to the next round of the competition, even though it is only the NAB cup, it is a great opportunity for players to get plenty of match fitness for the current season and it is time to blood some youngsters and give them a run at AFL Level
For Adelaide, they won?t be too dissapointed with the result this afternoon. It is always a hard ask to come down to Geelong to play the Cats and win, but the Crows gave up a good fight, with the inexperienced side they have, and gave some good game time into players like Vince and Tambling.

finalscore.jpg

disposals.jpg

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well a good match. Pretty even in all aspects. I think that was the deserved result though for Geelong to win by 7 but Adelaide put up a good fight. Hopefully they can start winning some games in the actual season now :p

Nice update, KIU.

And what game are you using?

Roofrom50

International Coach
Well a good match. Pretty even in all aspects. I think that was the deserved result though for Geelong to win by 7 but Adelaide put up a good fight. Hopefully they can start winning some games in the actual season now :p

Nice update, KIU.

And what game are you using?

Thanks mate, pretty sure you asked this earlier but i forgot to answer. It's Premiership coach 2010 but im using the 2011 team lists, however, the game isn't set for the Gold Coast, so all the players from the Gold Coast have just been removed from the game. I haven't yet decided to purchase Premiership coach 2011, which does have the Gold coast available.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Thanks mate, pretty sure you asked this earlier but i forgot to answer. It's Premiership coach 2010 but im using the 2011 team lists, however, the game isn't set for the Gold Coast, so all the players from the Gold Coast have just been removed from the game. I haven't yet decided to purchase Premiership coach 2011, which does have the Gold coast available.

Yeah, I did and you didn't answer so I asked again :p

And ok, cool. Might buy the 2011 version but I'm not a big fan of AFL. Like I watch it sometimes but I hardly know any of the players :p

They should make a proper AFL game for PC though. I was playing the 2011 Premiership game the other week on xbox 360 and it was pretty fun despite the fact that I was ████ at it :p

Roofrom50

International Coach
Yeah, I did and you didn't answer so I asked again :p

And ok, cool. Might buy the 2011 version but I'm not a big fan of AFL. Like I watch it sometimes but I hardly know any of the players :p

They should make a proper AFL game for PC though. I was playing the 2011 Premiership game the other week on xbox 360 and it was pretty fun despite the fact that I was ████ at it :p

Yeah the 2011 AFL live game on PC is still about 2-3 months away, the reason in that i'm not to sure, because the Xbox, Playstation and Wii versions are out, but the PC was delayed for another few months.

Roofrom50

International Coach

Round 1, Port Adelaide vs Adelaide Sunday, 28/03/2010

B: Sam Martyn - Ben Rutten - Scott Stevens
HB: Brad Symes - Phil Davis - Graham Johncock
C: Richard Tambling - Bernie Vince - Brodie Smith
HF: Patrick Dangerfield - Taylor Walker - Jason Porplyzia
FF: Jarryd Lyons - Kurt Tippett - Jarred Pretrenko
R: Ivan Maric - Scott Thompson - Nathan Van Berlo (c)
INT: Brad Moran - Rory Sloane - Michael Doughty
SUB: David MacKay​

Roofrom50

International Coach

Round 1, Port Adelaide vs Adelaide Sunday, 28/03/2010
Footy Park, Crowd: 48,089

What a better way to start of the 2010 AFL premiership season for both these 2 south Australian sides, then to be facing each other in the round 1 fixture at Aami Stadium. Port Adelaide had it's home game, and the home team didn't let the locals down. The first quarter was hard and intense, it was fairly even throughout the middle of the ground as both teams couldn't get a clear possesion away. Port were a little inaccurate in front of goal in the first, kicking 3.5, leading at quarter time by 8 points. Port Adelaide agained continued to dominate the scoreboard and took a 17 point lead into half time and seemed to be playing the better style of football. Adelaide had way too many turnovers which resulted in goals.
The third quarter was all Adelaide, i've never seen a more dominant display of football in a single quarter, as Adelaide had nearly 50 more possessions and 20 more tackles, Adelaide kicked 6 goals in the third to lead at three quarter time, before going down to the Power just by that solitry point.

Port Adelaide: 3.5 - 6.8 - 8.9 - 10.12 (72)
Adelaide: 2.3 - 4.3 - 10.3 - 11.5 (71)

Goals: T. Walker -2, S. Thompson -2, J. Lyons, P. Davis, S. Martyn, B. Vince, K. Tippett

Disposals: S. Thompson -34, N. VanBerlo -29, S. Stevens -26, M. Doughty -25

Injuries: Nil

Reports: Nil

Last edited:

Roofrom50

International Coach

Round 2, Sunday, 4/04/2010 Aami Stadium
Adelaide vs West Coast

B: Phil Davis - Scott Stevens - Jared Pretrenko
HB: Richard Tambling - Ben Rutten - Graham Johncock
C: David MacKay - Scott Thompson - Nathan Van Berlo
HF: Jason Porplyzia - Kurt Tippett - Michael Doughty
FF: Richard Douglas - Taylor Walker - Jarryd Lyons
R: Ivan Maric - Bernice Vince - Brodie Smith
INT: Sam Jacobs - Patrick Dangerfield - Rory Sloane
SUB: Brad Symes
IN: Richard Douglas - Sam Jacobs (Carlton)
OUT: Sam Shaw (omitted), Brad Moran​

----------

Round 2, Sunday, 4/04/2010 Aami Stadium
Adelaide vs West Coast​

The West Coast Eagles travelled over to Adelaide having lost their round 1 contest, and Adelaide are at home having lost to Port Adelaide by a solidtry behind in their encounter. West Coast came out the more determined team in the first term, putting their heads over the ball and playing the better brand of footy. Shannon Hurn was unstoapable down on the half back line defending everything that came down there, while Adam Selwood was strong through the midfield. Quiten Lynch and Mark LeCras proved a great deal up forward and it was the Eagles leading by 17 points at quarter time.
West Coast continued to strangehold their opponents from the footy, and with Brad Daziell getting plenty of ball in the midfield Adelaide seemed to have no answers to the visitors.
It was up until the last quarter where West Coast had a 25 point lead on the Crows at the last break before the Crows strung into gear. Captain Nathan VanBerlo rose his team with an 11 posession last quarter, and the Crows ended up kicking 6.5 to 2.1 in the last to run away with a 3 point victory.
Kurt Tipett kicked 3 goals in the last quarter as he was too quick for Glass around the forward line, while Michael Doughty was an unlikely goal kicker finishing with 3. It's a great from behind win from the Crows, their first for the season and first for new coach, Hayden Sumner.

ADELAIDE: 2.3 - 4.5 - 7.5 - 13.10 (88)
WEST COAST: 5.2 - 8.3 - 11.6 - 13.7 (85)

Goals: K. Tippett - 4, M. Doughty -3, T. Walker, J. Lyons, S. Stevens, J. Petrenko, J. Porplyzia - B. Rutten

Disposals: N. VanBerlo -34, J. Porplyzia -28, R. Douglas -28, B. Vince -26

Injuries: Nil

Reports: Nil

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well two very close games, but wished they had been the other way around with you beating Port Adelaide and losing to West Coast.

Users who are viewing this thread