Afl 2008

Well easy really, drop Matty Car and McManus, in goes Palmer and Warnock. If they do drop tarrant here comes drum. But since Trent Croad is injured i highly doubt they will drop him.
I love Carr and Shauny Mac but yeah, if we want to move forward we need to be harsh and start dropping some of the older blokes and letting the young dogs (not that we have many, stupid list management) have a run.

We will beat the Hawks next week, Freo at Subi is to good.

Poor Ruzza got injured :( I hope he can get back soon and be able to get through a season without a shoulder problem doesn't look likely...sadly. :(

shocking news for the young fella. Hopefully he doesn't need surgery on his shoulder, would be bad news for him and for the club. They expected big things from Sean this year, would be tradjic to see him go again.

I remember Hawthorn thrashing Fremantle either last year or the year before at Subi. It was on my birthday.

Nevertheless, if Fremantle can't beat Collingwood then they certainly don't have a chance against Hawthorn.

Franklin will tear Fremantle to shreads.

Thing is, i am getting more confident. Melbourne where just rubbish, they allowed the hawks to do that. Fremantle won't you watch, and if we get the ball to our forwards efficiently we should win. It is SUBIACO oval we are talking about here.

Yeah because we didn't have our two best midfielders (Hodge, Crawford), our leading possession getter from last season (Jordan Lewis) and our two best defenders (Brown & Croad).

Brown was very efficient last season and restricted a number of tall forwards, including Matthew Pavilich.

If last rounds anything to go by, then playing on Subiaco will be more of a advantage to you because as the match wore on, Fremantle seemed to lose the plot while Hawthorn were severely understrength in the midfield and still managed to win by over 100 points.

"No matter what happens, we know that this lad had arrived. He hasn't arrived, his knocked the door down!" - Malcom Blight.

Only someone whose destine for greatness can do this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=86NoZmzv-dY

Last edited:
The fact that they managed to pull off a over 100 point win, with only a half strength team out there. That is what's scary.

Oh and Fremantle somehow always lose their purple haze matches. Except for the time when they owned the Hawks wearing that purple jumper a couple of years ago:p

shocking news for the young fella. Hopefully he doesn't need surgery on his shoulder, would be bad news for him and for the club. They expected big things from Sean this year, would be tradjic to see him go again.

The scariest thing is he reminds me of Leigh Walker, who he knee problems a few years ago. I too hope that he doesn't need surgery apparently his shoulder popped back into place on the way off the ground so hopefully he will only miss 1 or 2 games.

The fact that they managed to pull off a over 100 point win, with only a half strength team out there. That is what's scary.

I was surprised with Hawthorn not really making much of an impact in the finals last year I am guessing smashing Melbourne was sort of a statement by them. I am expecting big things from them, regardless of the fact they beat Melbourne...they are a good young side.

The players that are coming back are really going to make them a tough side to beat, it's a shame looking at the fixture they don't play Geelong until Round 17.

Last edited:
Nothing to worry about Victorian teams cant travel they lose more than they ever win playing out of melbourne.
Plus it was only melbourne they wont win many games this year.

Just like every commentator says freo are crap when they travel all victorian teams are crap when they travel thing is they only have to travel about 5 times a year so it doesnt make them look as bad.

Hawks will be good though an expect them to make GF but wont win it this year

Collingwood only lost one interstate game from the games they played, and they had a long losing streak at the Gabba hadn't won there since 1993....So out of 4 interstate games we won 3 and lost 1, but if you count the Semi Final against the Eagles we won 4....:p

Some teams travel better then others...the "Subi Curse" doesn't work anymore....:p

Collingwood only lost one interstate game from the games they played, and they had a long losing streak at the Gabba hadn't won there since 1993....So out of 4 interstate games we won 3 and lost 1, but if you count the Semi Final against the Eagles we won 4....:p

Some teams travel better then others...the "Subi Curse" doesn't work anymore....:p

We will see.... we will see:p. The thing is, Crawford and Lewis have been suspended. So that is one good thing for freo. Well thats what i heard from someone, not 100% certain though.

Users who are viewing this thread