Afridi back on form maybe?,

what does religion have to do with losing passion for the game....one can be passionate about the game and be religious....you know religion doesnt have to effect you game...>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mohommad yousuf went all religious and it did the world of good for him.

religion doesnt have the affect its the players emotions and other thoughts relating religion and the game that have the effect...its how he's thinking about the game and his religion thats affecting him....in a sense you could say it influences his thoughts and emotions about the game...but it doesnt have to....so its all personal and how he deals with stuff......and as for the 20/20 never said he isnt/wont be a great odi and test player....just saying 20/20 suits him the most out of the three.....and yeah players like lara, sachin can be really good in 20/20 too....just that for afridi 20/20 suits him the most....like you could say test suits lara more than odi as he's been better in tests than odi's but he's still one of the bests in odi's......

I too think Anwar was affected by the death of his daughter more than the religion stuff. I dont think religion plays a part in affecting one's interest or passion in something!

Regarding Afridi, he has most of the time, been 'senseless' in his batting. But off late (few months back!), I noticed a change in him. He seemed to be batting a bit more responsibly. But still, his knack to thrash the ball out of the ground didnt seem to go. He would often try that reckless stroke. But he has been successful in both tests and ODI's. Lets see how he goes about from now on. When in flow, he can tear you apart and he can destroy a bowler's mental stability!

I'm amused at how people who know nothing about Afridi are proclaiming that religion has no affect on his game.

Does anyone find it interesting that a lot of Pakistani players start to grow beards when they become older or more experienced?

Adarsh said:
Does anyone find it interesting that a lot of Pakistani players start to grow beards when they become older or more experienced?
No they don't.

Only Inzi, MoYo and Afridi have beards in the current Pak squad.

I think the Afridi to focus on Twenty20 assessment is correct. Evertonfan made a good statement in another thread that Afridi doesn't show really any temperment at all and really can't go even an over without having a wild wield at ball. Just look at his record. His only made fewer centuries in a 11 year-old career.

Is Afridi really talented? Or is he just incrediably strong?

Afridi has both talent and strenght. Pakistan just didn't use him right.. Keep Afridi lower down in the order where he prefers himself to be.. His bowling has become better, he has a lot of varity and he knows what he has to do..

Afridi is one of the biggest talents in the world, but the problem is that throughout his career he's been misguided or not utilised properly. Players like Afridi come along once in a lifetime, and it would be a shame to see him confined to Twenty20. He has proven himself at ODI and Test level, and I'm sure he's going to come back strong. As for talent, I assure you that Afridi has one of the best eye-to-hand co-ordinations in the world. No one can pick a ball him faster than him. Guy's a legend.

afridi is the one who brought pakistan back into the match against england when pakistan were all out for 150odd

he got pieterson and dalrymple out in the same over

he also got pakistan back into the first vb series match against australia with his 50 off 20odd balls

the talent is there

he just needs to be given a proper run at number 7/8

Afridi was a great captain for Karachi! He motivated his whole team, being underdogs, Karachi still made it to the final! He knew wehat he was capable of and where he was best suited. The guy is great to have on the team. He is very enthusiastic!

Users who are viewing this thread