Ahmed for U19!!!

Lol well done Eli and Folkes, especiall Eli - awesome performance on debut

Eli also chipped in with 5 from 5, including this gem:
40.1 4 Potter to Eli
Shot! Overpitched on the legs, clipped superbly away through square leg, two men posted on the boundary but he still finds the gap.
His first ever runs in U-19 cricket, he seems to like the number 4 :)
Folkes still batting now. He has faced 16 balls in his U-19 career to date, and has yet to get out or score a run...

Folkes out :( Has yet to score a run in U-19!
46.5 W Potter to Folkes
Folkes flicks the ball to backward square leg; well that's what I think he was trying to do. However Folkes misjudged the ball from Potter and was caught by backward point. The umpire's finger was up the second it landed in the safe hands of Vernon.
40.4 W Potter to Eli
The ball struck Eli in line and after a moment to consider where the ball pitched, the umpire raised the finger. Out!

Last edited:
An update on Ludlam, I've upped him to 8 nets (an extra stamina) because I like MatSykes (new England manager) and wanted to help him out. I've been told he will make the squad, and his nets will drop to 3-4 nets at the start of next season fir fitness issues - this will give me plenty of time to do all the bits and pices I need (Alder needs 1 bowling for a bit, and fielding for a while, Dodd needs a fitness, Stone needs a bowling for a bit, I could give Heath a batting so he pops to prof - plenty to do). I won't bother with any new trainees next season because of this, so I'll get hopefully 3 (bolwer and 2 batsmen) the season after that.

Im sure if anyone has been reading the India U19 thread on the sledging boards they will know I am not happy with the way Ahmed is being used. Look at his PFL! I know its out of Earl's control but surely the GM's/MODs should have noted he hasnt been around to properly manage the team now and should have had a temporary replacement in there from India to sort it out because the same players are playing every game with the same orders and its not doing anything for them or the team.

I havent checked the boards since yesterday so I dont know if anything has happened since but Ahmed and any player for that fact is useless with drained PFL and I dont want him in the team whilst he's like that!

Im sure if anyone has been reading the India U19 thread on the sledging boards they will know I am not happy with the way Ahmed is being used. Look at his PFL! I know its out of Earl's control but surely the GM's/MODs should have noted he hasnt been around to properly manage the team now and should have had a temporary replacement in there from India to sort it out because the same players are playing every game with the same orders and its not doing anything for them or the team.

I havent checked the boards since yesterday so I dont know if anything has happened since but Ahmed and any player for that fact is useless with drained PFL and I dont want him in the team whilst he's like that!

There is nothing you can do about it. Unless he becomes inactive which is very unlikely due to the fact he is a COM and is RL Friends with Allan there is no way of replacing him. I admit it is disappointing to see but I think we shall wait and see for the 2nd time what has happened as Battrick is not the be all and end all of this world.

A blow to the Planetcricket U19 XI, Im told by the new England U19 manager that Pete Marsden is slightly behind the lowest 18yo currently in the team. It could change, but atm he wouldn't be in the squad

he is behind? then what are the best batsmen? remarkable now?

At this week, there should be players with Quality normally, Marsden is Quality, so i cant see why he is behind cause he will be exceptional at the end of 19...

A blow to the Planetcricket U19 XI, Im told by the new England U19 manager that Pete Marsden is slightly behind the lowest 18yo currently in the team. It could change, but atm he wouldn't be in the squad

All the 18YO's currently in the team are the very top notch 18YO's, which is why they're in the team. If he's slightly behing them there will surely be a place for him next year replacing one of the current 19YO's?

I didnt mean in the team now, I meant in the probable team for next year, that what he is behind on

At this week, there should be players with Quality normally, Marsden is Quality, so i cant see why he is behind cause he will be exceptional at the end of 19...

They are hitting Exceptional now ..... Week 10. So that means they are about 1 primary level ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread