AI Chase Capitulations...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hi Dave, deleted all logos etc to make the game run better and started a new competition and now am having the three bowler issue in a custom stadium. Do you reckon things would work out alright if I deleted the stadiums and redownloaded them?

Worth trying as the only other option would be to delete everything again. However I was getting the 3 bowler issue in a default stadium.

It's possibly worth editing that team to remove any all rounders and make them all bowlers: when this has cropped up in my game they just ignore the lowest rated all rounder.

gogabutt

Club Captain
I have had a same 3 bowlers issue but only when playing against NZ. I changed Mitchell Santner from all rounder to just a bowler and it fixed the issues.

gogabutt

Club Captain
Hi Dave, deleted all logos etc to make the game run better and started a new competition and now am having the three bowler issue in a custom stadium. Do you reckon things would work out alright if I deleted the stadiums and redownloaded them?

It has nothing to do with logos or custom stadiums. Its possibly a bug in the code that triggers once in a while. Changing all rounder to bowler will fix the issue.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It has nothing to do with logos or custom stadiums. Its possibly a bug in the code that triggers once in a while. Changing all rounder to bowler will fix the issue.

No I believe it is connected to logos too.

Also, making an all rounder a bowler is a work around, not a fix.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Do you love logos so much that you keep downloading them when they mess the game up so much? I've given up with them and have a logo free and custom stadium free game.

It's a pretty poor situation. Imagine having just shelled out a premium AAA rate for a game, not knowing about the PlanetCricket forum, and then your game just totally stop working without any explanation whatsoever.

As for the AI chases, well I can't say I bother as there isn't much AI in this game. It is a reasonable simulation of batting so I can do the chasing.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Ah this is okay then. I'll just make sure I pick the line-up against my teams correctly in future although I am getting them ignoring a spin bowler on the first day of a county match and just bowling their 3 seamers into the ground which strikes me as odd. 42 overs in and just the three have bowled and the spinner is not an allrounder.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Do you love logos so much that you keep downloading them when they mess the game up so much? I've given up with them and have a logo free and custom stadium free game.

It's a pretty poor situation. Imagine having just shelled out a premium AAA rate for a game, not knowing about the PlanetCricket forum, and then your game just totally stop working without any explanation whatsoever.

As for the AI chases, well I can't say I bother as there isn't much AI in this game. It is a reasonable simulation of batting so I can do the chasing.

Yes because a)I spent a lot of time making some teams and logos and I'm a sucker for the sunk costs fallacy and b)the game played fine for a long time with the logos

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yes because a)I spent a lot of time making some teams and logos and I'm a sucker for the sunk costs fallacy and b)the game played fine for a long time with the logos
I reckon it has something to do with the last patch my game was playing ok before besides a few issues none being what is happening now before the patch it was using all the bowlers except the opening bowler would stop being used like it did in DBC 14

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Has anyone experienced anything remotely like this? This is the AI chasing in T20s, on AI Legend, bowling hardest.

It's very strange, since batting first there didn't seem to be such a weakness.
batting is medium. but by all of the explanations of BA that should not effect the AI, so if that is so are you experiencing a "bug" (error in code), an "anomaly" (something corrupted and values being wrong or whatever it is...), or is the information we've been given wrong?
Well blocker I played my second innings and gave AI 330 to win I put batting difficulty to hardest bowling difficulty to hardest and had them 5/57 and was thinking here we go again but C Tavare and G MILLER dug in and made a 215 run partnership and England went on to win by two wickets so now I'm tipping that the batting and Bowling difficulties have something to do with AI they only seem to do any good when set to hardest when I'm bowling
I set it to medium and hardest when I'm batting don't know why but thats where I get really good games the wickets I get are varied not all caught by the same fielder from AI playing same shot any way until it gets sorted in next patch I will stick to hardest difficulty give it a try and let me know how you go

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well blocker I played my second innings and gave AI 330 to win I put batting difficulty to hardest bowling difficulty to hardest and had them 5/57 and was thinking here we go again but C Tavare and G MILLER dug in and made a 215 run partnership and England went on to win by two wickets so now I'm tipping that the batting and Bowling difficulties have something to do with AI they only seem to do any good when set to hardest when I'm bowling
I set it to medium and hardest when I'm batting don't know why but thats where I get really good games the wickets I get are varied not all caught by the same fielder from AI playing same shot any way until it gets sorted in next patch I will stick to hardest difficulty give it a try and let me know how you go

From everything I played previously, when you bowl 4th in the FC games, the stamina effects your bowlers greater than the effect on the batsman and they are not effective... in fact I don't think I've won any FC game bowling last regardless of he score I was trying to defend

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
I wouldn't be comfortable defending anything below 300 when bowling last. Had the AI chase 250 twice (for 6 and for 7) and nearly get to 280 (although I did win that one)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@blockerdave I am thinking of getting the PC version because of all this logo drama. Do you know whether this problem is merely confined to the PS4 release, or is it widespread? (Sorry you are more active on here than me, so wondered if you knew)

Users who are viewing this thread