Your Cricket Albion Helmet-Worth buying?

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
So as it was my birthday on saturday I've got some money, and I need a new helmet. After 3 years my masuri is coming to the end of its life. The seaming on a part of the material on top has split, the fibre glass has cracked (under the surface) and the sweat pad has gone missing.True I have thrown it around a lot but still. While still just about useable I thought I may aswell just buy a new one as I'd be due a new one soon anyways. Masuri helmets are very comfortable and everyone seems to have them these days. But my mums taking me to get a new helmet and I was thinking of trying the other big helmet company Albion. Do you think I should get one? Are they worth the money? I know Masuri's are about ?50(mine was ?45) while albions are about ?40. So what do you think should I get an Albion or not?

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
Well no one replied so I bought it anyways. The Albion Club MkII. Seems alright although I've only been supplied with 12 mm comfort pads and could do with 8mm or 4 mm instead. Will have to contact albion about it or something. Cost ?40 and also bought a grip which he gave me for free in the end. hopefully I can try it out tonight at senior nets unless it rains.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Albion Club MkII? which 1 is that? the old version? or the latest that came out several months ago. suppose to better. havnt seen the new one around much. i know some one bought it, and he is not comfortable with it. not used to it

MacLovin added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Albion_Club_helmet_mkII.gif

NXThelmet2009_PL.jpg

albion%20nxt.jpg

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
the bottom one is called the Albion NXT, the top one is the club MK2 although mines slightly older than the pictured one as it's got the older logo(like sangakarra's in the warm up games)

Users who are viewing this thread