Almost feel like cheated.

sandy50

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm a huge fan of BigAnts for their effort, that's why even after the initial impressions of DBC 17 on consoles, I went on to buy the game on PC for 3K INR. On PC the game was definitely a better version from that as reported on consoles initially. Having said that, there are still many major game breaking issues in the game, firstly the game play itself. Hugely disappointed with the AI responsiveness, AI field placement, their running between the wickets and so on. One of the biggest disappointment was stats in career mode. More than anything else the gameplay matters to me more, and that's why I was quite disappointed to see that the AI is hardly any completion while you bow at it even on Veteran and specially in T20s. The AI would hardly try to play big shots towards death overs, they would hardly react to growing asking rates while chasing. While AI bowling they don't spread the field after overs and wait for the Batsmen to score 20+ in an over to actually spread the field for just couple of overs. All in all their field placement is horrible in T20s and ODIs. AI running between the wickets is also quite horrible, where they would hardly push for twos and threes when it is easily available. Never saw the AI stealing a single. Now with all these issues I thought the developers would eventually fix it, but the wait for patch 4 technically patch 1 on pc feels like never ending. 3K INR is not a small amount that you spend on games, so in return it is only justified that i expect proper support for the developers. Every day I come on the forums just with a hope to get any information about the next patch or even a few words from developers about the progress would ease the wait. Hugely disappointed.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I'm a huge fan of BigAnts for their effort, that's why even after the initial impressions of DBC 17 on consoles, I went on to buy the game on PC for 3K INR. On PC the game was definitely a better version from that as reported on consoles initially. Having said that, there are still many major game breaking issues in the game, firstly the game play itself. Hugely disappointed with the AI responsiveness, AI field placement, their running between the wickets and so on. One of the biggest disappointment was stats in career mode. More than anything else the gameplay matters to me more, and that's why I was quite disappointed to see that the AI is hardly any completion while you bow at it even on Veteran and specially in T20s. The AI would hardly try to play big shots towards death overs, they would hardly react to growing asking rates while chasing. While AI bowling they don't spread the field after overs and wait for the Batsmen to score 20+ in an over to actually spread the field for just couple of overs. All in all their field placement is horrible in T20s and ODIs. AI running between the wickets is also quite horrible, where they would hardly push for twos and threes when it is easily available. Never saw the AI stealing a single. Now with all these issues I thought the developers would eventually fix it, but the wait for patch 4 technically patch 1 on pc feels like never ending. 3K INR is not a small amount that you spend on games, so in return it is only justified that i expect proper support for the developers. Every day I come on the forums just with a hope to get any information about the next patch or even a few words from developers about the progress would ease the wait. Hugely disappointed.

Please be aware that "coming on here" waiting for word of a patch is unlikely to yield much, if anything, over and above what can be found on the Big Ant forums, Facebook or Twitter. Sure there are Big Ant staff including Ross that post here sometimes, but Planet Cricket should not be considered an official source for information or announcements.

sandy50

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Please be aware that "coming on here" waiting for word of a patch is unlikely to yield much, if anything, over and above what can be found on the Big Ant forums, Facebook or Twitter. Sure there are Big Ant staff including Ross that post here sometimes, but Planet Cricket should not be considered an official source for information or announcements.
I meant a world from them anywhere, not exactly on Planetcricket

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
The game has a 58% positive rating on steam for a reason

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Indeed! hopes are fading fast! "we're working on it 24x7" is far more less comforting at the moment! 3K indeed gives heartache!

ABHIII

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
thread title should be Cheated:( + Robbed:noway

Bluebagger

International Coach
IMO people need to get a bit of perspective. DBC 17 is just a video game which didn't meet expectations post DBC 14. Using words like "cheating" or "robbery" is way over the top.

It's not for you to tell people how they feel, especially since a portion of the fan base gave up relatively good money for the game. If they feel cheated or robbed that's on them

papalazarou

Club Captain
It's not for you to tell people how they feel, especially since a portion of the fan base gave up relatively good money for the game. If they feel cheated or robbed that's on them

To be fair he wasn't telling people how they feel. I think this was implied by the bit where he said 'In my honest opinion'. Opinion being the operative word. ;)

Bluebagger

International Coach
To be fair he wasn't telling people how they feel. I think this was implied by the bit where he said 'In my honest opinion'. Opinion being the operative word. ;)
When you say certain words are way over the top you're telling people how they should feel. Just because you drop IMO in the post doesn't mean you're not forcing a view on people.

D

Deleted member 46200

When you say certain words are way over the top you're telling people how they should feel. Just because you drop IMO in the post doesn't mean you're not forcing a view on people.
I know a word which my be over the top and that's 'above'. Patch three was supposed to fix things it did sweet Fanny Adams, considering my last PM you Know how I'm feeling so I've got an excuse to be a twatt...! But I'm not going to.

Users who are viewing this thread